X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• United Kingdom strike action expected to cause delays

From SQ's News Alerts:

United Kingdom strike action expected to cause delays

Strike action is planned by the Public and Commercial Services union in the United Kingdom beginning on the evening of Wednesday 29 June until the evening of Thursday 30 June, UK time. The strike will involve UK Border Agency staff.

As such, customers travelling to and from the UK in this period may experience some delays through passport control.

Customers arriving in the UK can assist the UK Border Agency by having travel documents, including passports, available and taken out of any wallets. The UK Border Agency has put contingency plans in place and will try to keep delays to a minimum.

Singapore Airlines expects to operate UK flights on 29 and 30 June on schedule. However, we seek our customers' understanding under the circumstances and offer our apologies in advance should delays be experienced upon arrival in UK. Customers can also approach our ground staff on arrival if further information or assistance is required.

Last update 29 June 2011, 1130hrs (GMT +8)
    I chuckled after reading the bit in bold... that's really gonna help a great deal, sure...

On the local news yesterday they said Manchester will be running as normal.

I work in a school and the teachers are on strike, as i am not a teacher i dont strike. I have just crossed a picket line of a mob of teachers. Today school is closed.

Comment

Working...
    X