Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Singapore > Barcelona next week (what happened)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore > Barcelona next week (what happened)?

Having issues getting back to Barcelona next week from Singapore on the way back from Tokyo, waitlisted on SQ378 on the 7th (although the online reservation shows half empty J cabin).

Also anyone know why there are no flights operating between Singapore and Barcelona on the 8th and 10th of July respectively (confirmed by calling the PPS number)? I understood the two cities had a daily flight? The other weeks seem fine.

Cheers

...since found out there is no flights to Barcelona on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday night.
    My mistake I never knew that, I always thought there was a daily flight but I was wrong, by chance I have always managed to fly on the other days...

Comment

There are daily direct flights via MXP plus 3 nonstop flights that continue to GRU.

Will be trying the nonstop flight in July. Can't wait

Comment

Any flight report is welcome

Comment

I also thought there was daily direct flights from Singapore. The reality is SQ68 operates Monday, Thursday, and Saturday, whilst SQ378 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

The advertising is clever, states 7 flights weekly, not daily.

Comment

Originally posted by AsiaCommuter View Post
            I also thought there was daily direct flights from Singapore. The reality is SQ68 operates Monday, Thursday, and Saturday, whilst SQ378 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

Thanks for clarifying a misconception! Yes. Clever advertising.

I thought MXP would warrant a daily flight?

Friends living in MXP complained it's hard to get seats when daily service

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
              ...I thought MXP would warrant a daily flight?...
              SIN-MXP is effectively daily.
              SQ378 operates Mon/Tue/Thu/Sat before midnight
              SQ368 operates Mon/Thu/Sat very early morning which is shortly after midnight on Wed/Fri/Sun (you need to go to Changi on late Wed/Fri/Sun night).
              SQ378 continues to BCN while SQ368 turns around at MXP. Hence, the after midnight departure time for SQ368.
              In other words, there is a daily SIN-MXP flight departing around midnight.

MXP-SIN SQ367/377 is daily with slightly different timing depending on day of the week.
              Last edited by TerryK; 28 June 2011, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AsiaCommuter View Post

While its not 7 daily SIN-BCN departures, there are 7 daily arrivals for SIN-BCN....

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                  While its not 7 daily SIN-BCN departures, there are 7 daily arrivals for SIN-BCN....
                  Yes, it works the same way as SIN-MXP flights.

SQ68 operates Mon/Thu/Sat very early morning which is shortly after midnight on Wed/Fri/Sun (you need to go to Changi on late Wed/Fri/Sun night).
                  In other words, there is a daily SIN-BCN flight departing around midnight, and daily arrivals at BCN at 815AM or 855AM.

BCN-SIN is indeed not daily with no departure on Mon/Thu/Sat and two departures on Tue/Fri/Sun.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                    Will be trying the nonstop flight in July. Can't wait
                    Wow, somebody's a Barcelona-junkie.
                    Hopefully you'll find new culinary discoveries (at least Tickets?) and will be kind enough to post it here!

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
                      SIN-MXP is effectively daily.
                      SQ368 operates Mon/Thu/Sat very early morning which is shortly after midnight on Wed/Fri/Sun (you need to go to Changi on late Wed/Fri/Sun night).
                      SQ378 continues to BCN while SQ368 turns around at MXP. Hence, the after midnight departure time for SQ368.
                      In other words, there is a daily SIN-MXP flight departing around midnight.

MXP-SIN SQ367/377 is daily with slightly different timing depending on day of the week.
                      Thanks TerryK

Very confusing why they do it this way instead of just the same time every day

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                      Wow, somebody's a Barcelona-junkie.
                      Hopefully you'll find new culinary discoveries (at least Tickets?) and will be kind enough to post it here!
                      Starting a TR is easy. Finishing is tough!

I might compare my visit in Spring & this Summer.

Add to my existing ( autumn ) TR on BCN

Tickets needs to be booked online.

Book Tickets Online

2011 is full except for 3 Saturdays in September when I checked!
                      Last edited by 9V-SIA; 28 June 2011, 09:32 PM.

Comment

If you go to the SQ website, type in SIN-MXP and ask to "show schedule", you'll be surprised how many ways you can fly to MXP

Comment

Working...
                        X