SQ Under Pressure in Suites/First?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ Under Pressure in Suites/First?

Checked fares yesterday and realized that SQ is offering P fares (Suites) to LHR return for 11,600 SGD ex SIN at the moment. That is basically half of what the initial asking price was three years ago. To other European destinations the price is even less, matching the A fares from LH and LX. I have never seen that before. Any thoughts?

There was an earlier discussion that F will be extended to Suites. Surprised that P is also now available.
    Is P for LHR valid for all flights? Does SQ322 apply?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
      There was an earlier discussion that F will be extended to Suites. Surprised that P is also now available.
      Is P for LHR valid for all flights? Does SQ322 apply?
      Yes, but SQ is free to adjust availability any time...

Comment

Would anyone actually pay $11K for a return roundtrip from SIN ?

Comment

You'd be surprised, but yes... sure beats $24k

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
            Would anyone actually pay $11K for a return roundtrip from SIN ?
            Huh? If they were able to sell it for more than 20,000 SGD, why would they have problems to sell for half the price? Some people fly whY, other fly First.

Comment

I guess it all depends on who is paying, and how much is 11K SGD worth to you. I mean for that matter, some people wouldn't mind paying SQ 2+K for Y while others would pay as little as they could with TG, or even AirAsia
              Life's A Bitch,
              Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

For past few days, SQ 322 Suites is 100% full , 12/12.

Comment

SQ317 was half full in Suites a couple of days ago, and if it hadn't been for five VIPS from a neighbouring oil rich country who boarded from some blacked out Mercs a couple of minutes before departure I would have been alone again for the second time in a month.

Comment

A bit OT, but what are the Suites loads like on SIN-SYD flights?

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                      A bit OT, but what are the Suites loads like on SIN-SYD flights?
                      SQ212 on 10/6/11 had 0 in Suites.
                      The J check-in agent said loads in Suites have been very poor in recent weeks,
                      but will pick up in July/Aug, FWIW.
                      F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

P fare SIN-LHR now for 11,600 SGD... Lowest price I have ever seen out of SIN in Suites...

Comment

The whole Suites thingy is a major flop! No one (except the super rich) flies on it and on most flights, it is barely half full. And with the sky-high prices, even regular 1st class travellers are priced out and forced to bail out to competitor airlines.
                          My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                            The whole Suites thingy is a major flop! No one (except the super rich) flies on it and on most flights, it is barely half full. And with the sky-high prices, even regular 1st class travellers are priced out and forced to bail out to competitor airlines.
                            I wouldnt say its a flop. overpriced? maybe.

I think what SQ wants with the suites is to bring in the profit, but what they did unknowingly (or knowingly) with R prices was to drive profits down instead. Maybe they should peg suites to F class prices? seeing as we currently do not have too many of the A380s. Unless SQ has enough A380s to ply all, if not most of the routes that they operate, I say they should maybe try pegging R class prices to F class.

Lets face it, not too many people would pay 30-50% more for R when I enjoy just as much in F. If they have enough A380s to ply all routes and have alternate aircraft makes on those routes as well, then yea, fine go ahead and charge a premium for R.

But as of now, maybe they should try making R a little more affordable...which they are definitely doing! But only time will tell if it'll be any close to F fares.

Comment

Even the very wealthy found the class beyond First to be a class beyond their purchase intent, and instead of paying-up for Suites, paid-down to Business.

Suites are a failure. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Working...
                              X