No announcement yet.

The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really a fan of the new site, the only advantage I can see is that they now allow you to do seat selection before payment. Did a booking today on the new site got errors twice when submitting credit card details, got a conformation email on the second try even though it went to an error page after I clicked "Proceed With Payment".

Comment

Quite disappointed with the new website. Certainly not the way to launch it.

It seems to be slower. Booking a flight seems to cumbersome with the outward and return leg flight choices laid out on one full page, instead of side by side, which is easier to see. The pull down lists (which seem to be everywhere) have fonts that are simply too big and you cant even see what the pull down list is specifying ...

I just tried to make a booking and it has showed "system error" on me 4 times - in IE8, in Firefox and in Chrome !

When I tried to call up my bookings, ... under "Manage my Bookings", it gave a "Couldnt find your booking response" 3 times ... even though I am on a flight in 72 hours time.

If you are trying to Book the Cook, try the pull-down choice for your meal choices, you cant find anything ...

alas ... not a good start for the website ...

A disappointed loyal PPS Club member

Comment

After the website was launched, my booking went missing, and my flight was earlier in the day. A call to SQ assured me that my booking was still around, but I think it could have been handled much much better...
        Life's A Bitch,
        Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

I can't understand how they want to make everything easier on this new site, when it is worse and much more complicated to use !

Comment

I'm getting a terrible headache looking at the site. Damn, should have ticketed my SIN>>>KUL on Saturday

Comment

Whoever advised them to go for a big bang relaunch needs shooting - why not slowly add functionality to the already very competent "old" site. Madness.

Comment

I hate the fact that, when booking a reservation, that they keep that "filler" information on top and the scrolling is just awful. On my MacBook Air, you really can only see 1 1/2 of a flight segment.

Oh and when I eventually find the flights I want, I get an error.

Can we have an option to keep the old one until they sort this mess out?

Comment

I suggest that everyone who are facing problems to write in to complain. I did my part by writing a short and curt email to them. With enough noise, who knows, they might do something about it.
                  Life's A Bitch,
                  Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Just tried to make a change to an existing booking.

At one of the last pages, the passenger's name(mine) changed to my dad's. Then I repeated the whole process again, then it changed to my mom's. Tried one more time, hoping it would go back to show my correct name. But back to my dad's name. Mom and dad are my redemption nominees so their names are somewhere in the server and got drawn / mixed up into the booking. So I gave up.

The website is a total mess.
                    Last edited by SQueeze; 23 May 2011, 08:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by inix View Post
                      I suggest that everyone who are facing problems to write in to complain. I did my part by writing a short and curt email to them. With enough noise, who knows, they might do something about it.
                      There is a website feedback page I used last night..

https://www.singaporeair.com/websiteFeedBack.form

Is it me or has the middle bit got wider this morning compared to last night?

Comment

• I think it looks amateurish. I don't like it!
                        My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

• The old website looked far more professional and sleek. Current website looks like it's been put together by a high school web design intern, to put it politely. Not good for brand image!
                          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Incidentally McDelivery changed their webbie to incorporate CRM this weekend to and the user experience is so different from tho page we talk about here

Comment

• I have to agree with the majority of the comments. I never thought I would ever defend the old SQ website which was certainly not the best, but this is a disaster.

Even when they fix the functionality I still think it will look like a students homework project.

I do not like the fonts. I do not really like the colour with all that blue. It's quite distracting. I hate the fact that the calendar is shown for 2 full months and takes up so much space.

I do like that you can choose a seat before confirming a booking, but that is the only positive thing I can say right now.

I have been trying to access my upcoming reservations but just get errors all the time.

I really wonder who gave them the green light to go live. I can imagine there are a lot of meetings going on in SQ HQ today !

Cheers
                              Neil

Comment

• Originally posted by 225 View Post
                                There is a website feedback page I used last night..

https://www.singaporeair.com/websiteFeedBack.form

Is it me or has the middle bit got wider this morning compared to last night?
                                Good idea. I just did. In fact, I forward this thread to them. Better than we just complain and rant here. I suggest all of us flood SQ with complains and feedback directly.

Anyway, I think they must be well aware of all these problem and are trying to fix it. Otherwise, this is going to cost SQ to loose business. Imagine all the bookings not being able to be made on the new website and customers can't view/retrieve the bookings. The SQ call centre must have been swarmed with calls now. And I still can't change my seat selection

Comment

Working...
                                X