The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Quattro View Post
    We are unable to retrieve your booking because this booking contains ticket(s) which is not issued by Singapore Airlines. Please check with the airline or travel agent you have made this booking with.
    I faced same issue.
    That is superb strange that why I cannot amend anything for my SQ ticket?!.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
      I tried selecting my seat for SQ638 later this month.

Was rather surprised to find the entire right side of the J cabin taken up, while the left was empty.

I later found out that 14-19K are now bassinet seats.....
      Unrelated, I tried to do a seat selection for SQ831 in Y for Dec 23 and before I cold select my seats, it is already showing "middle" in the booking summary. It then will not allow a seat selection with error message "invalid seat specified" when I had not selected any.

Thank you Singapore Airlines.

Comment

• I really hate the SQ website. This weekend I tried to make a simple redemption booking from SIN-MEL. The system froze at various points and I had to start over. Eventually I managed to get a booking paid and confirmed, although seat selection was an entirely different subject. However, when I checked my account, every abandoned booking I tried (but didn't finalise or confirm) was now listed as a confirmed (but unticketed) booking on my account. Given that I didn't get past selecting flights and entering my details as the passenger, I was amazed that they could now be confirmed bookings. A call to KF got them all cancelled, but really it should not happen.

My poor parents are planning a trip to SIN and then onto MEL (hence my booking to MEL). They struggled so hard with the booking on line and also had the same problems as me (including multiple confirmed, but unfinished bookings) that they got in such a state and made an error in the passenger name (missed out one letter). Trying to sort this out has become a total nightmare with very unhelpful and unsympathetic staff at KF. I am really disappointed. My parents were so stressed by the end of the experience.

Hopefully SQ will show some sympathy and at least waive the passenger name change fees.

Cheers

Comment

• Is someone in SQ waiting to see out the ROI on this trashy website before they would consider any changes?

Comment

• How seriously lacking in baseline competence and fundamental "pride in your work" do you have to be to allow this diabolical trash?!

Why is the CEO still the CEO?!

Comment

• You can see all your current bookings when you first log into your account <so far so good> although you still cannot manage flights that have a non-SQ leg in-between.

But once you try to go into the current bookings page again after navigating away, suddenly all the existing bookings cannot be found (I have at least 4 more ticketed flights before the end of 2012):

Sorry, no flights found.
              If the list is filtered, you may try selecting "All" in the filters to widen your selection.
              Bookings will not be in this list if:
              •No KrisFlyer membership number was included in the booking
              •It is a commercial (non-redemption) booking where you were not a passenger
              •Some bookings made through other websites and travel agents may not be found in this list.
              You may still be able to find your booking using the booking reference or ticket number

No flights found ? Well-done
              SQ didn't have any problems when it came to collecting my payment.
              Last edited by Quattro; 6 November 2012, 01:23 AM.

Comment

• Aargh! Simple one-segment SQ-only award booked online, and this is how it shows in Current Bookings. And I can't access it. And the flight isn't even on 5 Nov.

X123Y4

SQ

Departs ()

Arrives ()

Mon, 05 Nov

Mon, 05 Nov

Comment

• How can you send feedback to SQ regarding their webpage? Who is responsible for it?
                  I tried to fill in the feedback form on their webpage, but this was just forwarded to the CPH-office.

Comment

• Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                    Aargh! Simple one-segment SQ-only award booked online, and this is how it shows in Current Bookings. And I can't access it. And the flight isn't even on 5 Nov.

X123Y4

SQ

Departs ()

Arrives ()

Mon, 05 Nov

Mon, 05 Nov
                    This bug is still there..
                    I saw similar thing after they migrate to new booking system.
                    One of my reward booking shows multiple dates after I change the departing date..
                    I just wonder how can they approve and allow this system which consists a lot of fundamental issue..

Comment

• Can one quantify how much business SQ has lost because of glitches?

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                        Can one quantify how much business SQ has lost because of glitches?
                        Any way to quantify this? How do I know that a ticket has not been sold and why?

Comment

• Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
                          I wish I could charge back SQ at my normal daily rate for wasting my time like this.
                          I would try it, at least just for the evil joy you would get from moving from supervisor to supervisor to tie up their time. If I were to pull that move (which I would if I had to fix up their mistake), I would go to ION, and once being attended to, I would produce an invoice, and refuse to leave until some senior manager arrived to talk compensation.

Anything longer than 2-3 hours to sort out seats, incorrect bookings, double charging etc, they deserve to put up with customer fury.

I live in Singapore but will avoid them as much as possible, so Thai, ANA, Asiana will be my airlines of choice.

Comment

• i tried to do award booking...

cgk - sfo and then sfo - cgk and thinking to do few hours stopover in hongkong and took the evening hkg-sin flight and may be sin - cgk on the next day.
                            the system does not allow that...
                            visit my blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                              Aargh! Simple one-segment SQ-only award booked online, and this is how it shows in Current Bookings. And I can't access it. And the flight isn't even on 5 Nov.

X123Y4

SQ

Departs ()

Arrives ()

Mon, 05 Nov

Mon, 05 Nov
                              The same problem happened when I checked an award booking for my late december flight from ICN, with the the date shown four times!

Comment

• Looks like we will be waiting for a working, grammatically correct, properly laid-out website untill .......... the end of time ...

Comment

Working...
                                X