The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQ218 View Post
    Tried the next day, there are seats available but online gave me a higher price for SQ217 on my initial check while her pricing came to the same one I was quoted cheaper fare.
    SQ217 is one of those flights that can often generate unusual price fluctuations when added with other flights. I'll be on it on Saturday, and it appears there's very little spare room as usual.

When I was toying with using miles for a one way fare to Europe and then returning on a commercial booking, SQ217 killed the idea completely. I would have saved a few 100 $, but only by sitting at Changi for 15 hours waiting for SQ227. By adding SQ217 to a flight from Munich one-way, I got a gigantic price differential as opposed to SQ227. Yet by adding it to a return fare to Europe, it was the exact same price as if I waited the 15 hours for SQ227. Same day, same flights.

Comment

• Can anyone login to the website now ? I am in Rome and can't even open the site

Comment

• Originally posted by Handiman View Post
        Can anyone login to the website now ? I am in Rome and can't even open the site
        Can.. I login 30 minutes ago and the session is still valid.
        My location is SG now..

Comment

• Originally posted by Desert Traveller View Post
          Not sure whether this is website related...

Booked ICN-x/SIN-FRA-SIN-ICN about two weeks ago. Website worked and booking went through without any problems. Got the e-ticket with receipt, too. But two weeks later, my CC still has not been charged. Is that normal from ICN? From other cities, charge normally appears within a couple of days.

The flight is not for another two weeks, but should I expect some unpleasant surprises when checking in in ICN?
          CC has now been charged, only took three weeks...
          /Desert Traveller

Comment

• When I thought the website could only get better.....

Tried to book my HKG->SIN tickets this afternoon as I did on many occasions for the past year. The SIA website is now capable of deducting air fares from my credit card twice after 2 attempts without securing my booking!!

I am frustrated...not being able to confirm my flight for the weekend, too afraid to try to book the third time and resigned to patiently wait for SIA to refund my money. I wrote a feedback to SIA but I have not got any reply yet.

Looks like I got no choice but to take CX this weekend. And I thought the website could only get better.....

(Audio)

Comment

• CONGRATULATIONS!

CONGRATULATIONS SQ! Its ONE year now since you've launched the new website and it STILL doesn't work.

FANTASTIC!

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                CONGRATULATIONS SQ! Its ONE year now since you've launched the new website and it STILL doesn't work.

FANTASTIC!

Is this also the most "successful" thread on SQT? 100,800+ views and counting!

Comment

• Successfully booked 3 tickets to HKG and selected the seats but when it came to meal selection I was shocked to find the same problem I had encountered 6 months ago! Unbelievable! Selected a child meal for my daughter and saved the changes. Guess what! No child meal for my daughter had been selected and neither was there an email confirmation that I had made a selection. The same thing happened 6 months ago and I was told on board that I had not selected a child meal! Fortunately, they had extra child meals on board. Does this mean that I have to call them directly to reserve my child meal? Any one has encountered this problem and overcame it?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
                    Successfully booked 3 tickets to HKG and selected the seats but when it came to meal selection I was shocked to find the same problem I had encountered 6 months ago! Unbelievable! Selected a child meal for my daughter and saved the changes. Guess what! No child meal for my daughter had been selected and neither was there an email confirmation that I had made a selection. The same thing happened 6 months ago and I was told on board that I had not selected a child meal! Fortunately, they had extra child meals on board. Does this mean that I have to call them directly to reserve my child meal? Any one has encountered this problem and overcame it?
                    Yes I have. Resolved by calling SQ. For quick service call one of their low volume offices. TPE is my preference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Audio View Post
                      Tried to book my HKG->SIN tickets this afternoon as I did on many occasions for the past year. The SIA website is now capable of deducting air fares from my credit card twice after 2 attempts without securing my booking!!

I am frustrated...not being able to confirm my flight for the weekend, too afraid to try to book the third time and resigned to patiently wait for SIA to refund my money. I wrote a feedback to SIA but I have not got any reply yet.

Looks like I got no choice but to take CX this weekend. And I thought the website could only get better.....

(Audio)
                      They called me the very next day and confirmed my booking. So, I am taking SQ home this weekend.

(Audio)

Comment

• Here's my latest gripes about the website, on its 1st year annivesary :

1) Seat selection is now not working.

About 2-3 weeks ago, when I click on the seat selection button and choose a seat, somehow the website rejects it. I've to call SQ to make the seat selection. I reckon its because when the booking was made, SQ assigned a seat to me and for some reason, it cannot be managed on-line anymore.

In recent days however, when I click on the seat selection button, the seat map is blank. So I cannot even attempt to make a seat selection.

2) Redemption booking for nominees :

The problem occurs when I do a wait-list. When the wait-list is confirmed, and I try to confirm the booking, it asks me to re-enter my Krisflyer number and password. No matter how hard I try to enter and re-enter the info, it goes blank (meaning, it keeps asking me to enter again). So I cannot confirm a waitlisted booking on line and have to call SQ to do it. This has been a problem for a long time.

Other than that, if the booking is not too complicated, the website "works". The key is to do an uncomplicated booking (ie. simple return trip booking), don't book the cook or select seats when you first make the booking, try to finish doing the booking quickly ... and if you rush, it will be fine. Any diversion mid-way through the booking (eg : to do a seat selection), you risk getting some unknown error at the end of the painstaking process and have to start all over again. Once you understand the idosyncracy of the website, it can be managed.

Good job, SQ ... and congracs on the 1st anniversary of the website !!

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post

Is this also the most "successful" thread on SQT? 100,800+ views and counting!

I'm amazed at how quickly we went from 3,987 Members to 4,043 -- a matter of a few days!
                          HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
                            Successfully booked 3 tickets to HKG and selected the seats but when it came to meal selection I was shocked to find the same problem I had encountered 6 months ago! Unbelievable! Selected a child meal for my daughter and saved the changes. Guess what! No child meal for my daughter had been selected and neither was there an email confirmation that I had made a selection. The same thing happened 6 months ago and I was told on board that I had not selected a child meal! Fortunately, they had extra child meals on board. Does this mean that I have to call them directly to reserve my child meal? Any one has encountered this problem and overcame it?
                            A little off-topic.
                            Honestly, I would avoid the child meal. Almost every time I do that, its something deep fried which is then re-heated. Terrible for adults let alone kids. These days, I do not bother and let her have the adult meal. Plus you get a choice and CC have always asked before the meal service starts so she always gets her choice

Back on-topic. I cant BTC Yummy for my daughter online....

Comment

Can someone possibly explain to me why, upon visiting the SQ homepage on my iPad - which only my wife and I have ever used - while on the wireless broadband at a Hyatt hotel, somebody ELSE'S Krisflyer number appeared "memorized" in the login box???
                              And again, this time from Safari browser on my Mac, at home...

Ridiculous.

Comment

And again, this time from Safari browser on my Mac, at home...

Ridiculous.

I am not sure what the laws are in Singapore, but if this was Australia those privacy breaches would be in the news. I am just amazed at all the reports of people's login details appearing mysteriously on other people's computers, just really bad.

Also, I cannot find the article on www.theage.com.au anymore, but last week there was an article about an iphone app that the local (Victoria, Melbourne) public transport provided released. It was universally panned by public transport users, after a few weeks the company acted on that feedback and provided a new app on the app store which was actually a previous version which people liked.

Comment

Working...
                                X