No announcement yet.

The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heading to ION worked for me. They found the corrupted information in my booking within a day and said they would fix it by Thursday.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
      Actually, they don't mind you speaking English at all. Just start the conversation in English and you can finally talk to someone who knows what he/she is talking about.
      I called the call centre and pressed Mandarin as a choice and ended speaking to someone in Singapore , in English (she actually started in English) !

She put me on waitlist for the 2 flights I wanted... even though on my Sabre CRS, it is showing wide open !

When I tried to log into the website to check the flight status, I was met with

http://www.singaporeair.com/maintena...intenance.html is unavailable, please contact system administractor.

Comment

• Today I log in to find that my waitlists have cleared. So I tried to make the changes on line.

Funny I thought that it is listing 2 segments with the same confirmed flights, ie SQ 972 and SQ974 as segment 1, and SQ972 and SQ 974 as segment 2.

So I click on SQ 974.. to find that I must first log in with Krisflyer number.

So I do so... then get blasted with "The system is temporarily unable to process your request. Please try again later."

===========
        Then I see a message on top of screen about the scheduled maintenance..but honestly does this message make any sense to you?

Scheduled Maintenance for singaporeair.com
        Singaporeair.com will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on 29 February 2012, Wednesday from 0201hrs to 0230 hrs, Singapore Time (18 February 2012, Tuesday from 1801hrs to 1830hrs, GMT).

During this period commercial booking, redemption booking and internet check-in are temporarily unavailable. We apologise for the inconvenience.
        What's the 18 February 2012 message doing there ? Do they think that 29 February 2012 0201hrs SIN time is the 18 February at 1801hrs GMT? Talk about time travel !!

Comment

• Its 'officially' unofficial... that in June, SQ will drop Kriscom for Amadeus. Which is good news for some, but bad news for others especially those booking on SQ's website. Which means that SQ will not bother correcting the issues that people are experiencing now cos a new interface with Amadeus will be implemented.

What is good is that you can view your bookings after this interface on checkmytrip. What is bad is that if you think ticketing problems are bad now, wait till the system cuts over in June!

Comment

• Am I seeing things? There a dropinsaving$ coupon banner on the website?

Though i don't know what it is....

Comment

• Just to prove that it's not just the regulars who are not impressed with this thing...

One of my staff is planning a holiday to Phuket and as they have not been to Singapore before ended up looking at flying SQ/MI from MAN with a stopover. For Hotels I told her to look at a Singapore Stopover which she can use as she is flying SQ. An hour later I got 'Good grief, that website is hard work, it took half a dozen attempts to load and then it was like websites in the old day of dial up it's that slow'.

Still embarassing.

Comment

• Just wonderful. My JCL flights show up as economy, although the seats are showing 16K and 11K

Can't even BTC.....

Comment

• I do not know why you guys still bother. I give my business to competitors if possible until the situation improves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rabelais View Post
                    I do not know why you guys still bother. I give my business to competitors if possible until the situation improves.
                    If it also help that you TELL SQ about it.

When I was at ION the other day, and told them that people are walking away, they seemed surprised. So until they know about it, they won't do anything about it.

Hopefully my promo to a SQ rep at ION of SQTalk and the other website which shall remain nameless might help them understand what we're talking about.

But then again, it might not.

Comment

• I don't give money to SQ unless absolutely necessary....... I've never taken SQ on any of my longhaul J flights SIN-Europe sticking with Thai, Swiss or Turkish depending who has the better deal and my final destination.

Even taken LH to Jakarta a few times because the fare saved even pays the extra expense in an extra night in a hotel!

SQ really have lost the plot over the past few years.

Comment

• Does it say something that I've got three tickets to book, but I can't bring myself to even bother going to the website to even look at the prices, given that all it'll do is only raise my stress level?

Comment

• All the members in my traveling party are apparently going to be sharing the same seat, according to the seat selection page, we're all in 42A and the website shows an error when I select another seat.
                          The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

• I've been lucky with the website so far- never had any problems myself. It seems that my luck also extends to being warned of problems by the site that don't even exist.

I extended some miles due to expire, made the payment, arrived at a screen displaying the alert: Sorry, the online extension of your miles cannot be completed. Please call KrisFlyer Membership Services to have your miles extended offline.

Immediately below was a contradicting statement thanking me for my payment, confirming the miles had been extended and links to the receipt which I saved and printed.

If only the rest of you could be as lucky when you get those dreaded website failure alerts...

Comment

• Originally posted by Desert Traveller View Post
                              [...]

Flight was on 31 Jan, and showed up a few days later with credited PPS value on the KF portion of the website and a reference to miles being credited to LH. Fast forward a few days, the miles have not yet arrived at LH, and now the KF statement is showing an adjustment for wrongly credited PPS value. So, no miles in LH and no PPS value in KF.
                              Here is me thinking, this should be easy to fix with an e-mail to KF via the form on the website. The form is almost complete, only the flight date remains to be filled in. It is now February, so change that to January. However, the date pull down remains stuck on 29 days only...perfect for February, not much use for a flight on 31 January. The calendar pop up is just as set for Feb and does not allow date selections outside the current month.

So, I now either wait for a month that has 31 days again ...or e-mail them directly. Does feedback@krisflyer.com.sg still get monitored?
                              One month later...the website still has the same problem for KF feedback, but I finally got my miles credited to LH and the PPS value back.

It took ages...a lot of e-mail traffic and it showed that neither I nor the KF agents can actually read.

The detail might be more suited for a post in the KF/PPS Club, feel free to move.

22 Feb, E-mail to feedback@krisflyer.com.sg

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to you today with regards to my latest flight from SIN to PEK on 31 Jan. The PPS value accrued showed correctly till a few days ago, with the miles to be credited to LHXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. Now, it shows an adjustment for wrongly credited PPS value and the miles still have not arrived in my LH account. Could you please investigate what has happened and adjust again?

Sincerely yours,
                              Desert Traveller
                              23 Feb, response from KF

Our Reference Number: Email/XXXXXX1
                              KrisFlyer Membership Number: XXXXXXXXXX

Dear Mr Desert Traveller

Thank you for your email dated 22 February 2012 to Singapore Airlines regarding your PPS Value.

We would be glad to assist with your request. For verification, please provide us with the following information:

1. Date of Birth
                              2. Nationality or Country of Birth

The above authentication measure is to avoid unintentional disclosure of your personal details to an unauthorised person. We seek your patience and kind understanding in this matter.

Mr Desert Traveller, thank you for writing to us and we look forward to be of service to you again.

Yours sincerely
                              Mr KF
                              23 Feb, e-mail to KF

Your Reference Number: Email/XXXXXX1

Dear Mr KF,

Thank you for your quick response. Please find the details you requested below:

1. Date of birth: XX XXX XXXX
                              2. Nationality: XYZ

Looking forward to hear from you!

Sincerely yours,
                              Desert Traveller
                              27 Feb, first response from KF

Our Reference Number: Email/XXXXXX2

Dear Mr Desert Traveller

Thank you for your email dated 23 February 2012 to Singapore Airlines regarding retroactive mileage claim.

Please be informed that the following flight transaction has already been reversed from your KrisFlyer account with a request made to Lufthansa for appropriate credit of mileage to your Miles & More account (XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX).

Flight Date Travel Sector Class
                              SQ810 4 December 2011 Singapore to Beijing Business J

Kindly contact Lufthansa Airlines directly for further assistance with regard to mileage credit into your Miles &^More account.

Mr Desert Traveller, thank you for taking the time to write to us and we look forward to be of service to you soon.

Yours sincerely
                              Mr KF
                              27 Feb, second response from KF

Our Reference Number: Email/XXXXXX3

Dear Mr Desert Traveller

Please ignore our previous email to you with incomplete information. We write in reply to your email to Singapore Airlines regarding retroactive mileage claim. We apologise for the delay in our response and have tried to contact you but were unsuccessful.

Please be informed that the following flight transaction has already been reversed from your KrisFlyer account with a request made to Lufthansa for appropriate credit of mileage to your Miles & More account (XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX).

Flight Date Travel Sector Class
                              SQ810 4 December 2011 Singapore to Beijing Business J

Kindly contact Lufthansa Airlines directly for further assistance with regard to mileage credit into your Miles &^More account.

Mr Desert Traveller, thank you for taking the time to write to us and we look forward to be of service to you soon.

Yours sincerely
                              Mr KF
                              27 Feb, e-mail to KF

Your Reference Number: Email/XXXXXX3 and Email/XXXXXX2

Dear Mr KF,

Many thanks for trying to sort this out. While I appreciate the effort regarding the mileage being credited into my Miles & More account, they were never credited to my KrisFlyer account. My query was foremost about PPS value. I originally received the correct PPS value for the flight in question, but a few days later this was 'adjusted' to 0. The flight still shows 0 as of today. Could you take another look at this for me?

Looking forward to hear from you!

Sincerely yours,
                              Desert Traveller
                              2 Mar, response from KF

Our Reference Number: Email/XXXXXX4

Dear Mr Desert Traveller

Thank you for your email to Singapore Airlines regarding your PPS value. We apologise for the delay in our response to you.

We would like to inform you that the PPS value for the flight below has already been credited into your KrisFlyer account on 15 December 2011:

SQ 810 04 December 2011 Singapore to Beijing Business J Class
                              PPS value: 1,549

To view your KrisFlyer account statements, please visit www.krisflyer.com using the steps below as a guide.

1. Log on by entering your KrisFlyer Membership Number and 6-digit PIN
                              2. Click on "View Account"
                              3. Select "PPS Club / KrisFlyer"
                              4. Click "My Miles" under "My account"

Mr Desert Traveller, thank you for taking the time to write to us. We hope you will enjoy the benefits of your KrisFlyer membership and we look forward to be of service to you again.

Yours sincerely
                              Mr KF
                              2 Mar, e-mail to KF

Your Reference Number: Email/XXXXXX4

Dear Mr KF,

Many thanks, I do know that the PPS value for my flight from Singapore to Beijing on 4 December 2011 has been credited correctly. My initial query was about PPS value for my flight on the same route on 31 January 2012. You referenced 4 December in your initial response which I only spotted today.

The situation has changed in so far that my LH Miles & More account has now been credited with the mileage for my flight on 31 January. Many thanks again for getting that done. My original query about PPS value is still not answered. My KrisFlyer account still shows the PPS value being adjusted to 0 for my flight on 31 January.

Sincerely yours,
                              Desert Traveller
                              5 Mar, response from KF

Our Reference Number: Email/XXXXXX5

Dear Mr Desert Traveller

Thank you for your email dated 02 March 2012 to Singapore Airlines regarding PPS Value.

We are currently looking into the matter that you have highlighted and will update you on the status in due course. We seek your patience and understanding on this matter.

Mr Desert Traveller, thank you once again for writing to us.

Yours sincerely
                              Ms KF
                              12 Mar, response from KF

Membership Number: XXXXXXXXXX

Dear Mr DESERT TRAVELLER

Thank you for submitting the following retroactive mileage request(s).

We are pleased to inform you that the following flight(s) have been credited to your KrisFlyer account: XXXXXXXXXX.

Date of travel Flight Number Flight Sector
                              31-Jan-2012 SQ802 SIN->PEK

The outcome of your request will be updated and will appear in your KrisFlyer account within six to eight weeks. Alternatively, you can also visit our website at krisflyer.com for your latest account status.

We look forward to being of service to you again soon.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,
                              KF anonymous
                              How difficult can it be? Granted, I should have spotted the 4 December mix up earlier, but what has the 4 December to do with my query in the first place?

I am glad it is all sorted now...just wish it would have taken less of my time and there would have been an easier way.

Maybe I should have just claimed the missing miles through LH M&M and hope for KF to re-credit the PPS value as part of that. Any ideas whether that would have worked?
                              Last edited by Desert Traveller; 13 March 2012, 01:01 PM.
                              /Desert Traveller

Comment

• Just tried to book a JCL ticket MAN to SYD. It reset three times after putting in the dates etc, and I know I should have quit then. But I persevered and the fourth time it took the information but then 'spun' for about a minute and a half before:

We are unable to process your request at this moment due to a temporary technical issue in this page. Please try again.

If the problem persists, please contact your local Singapore Airlines Office for assistance.

We thank you for your patience and apologise for the inconvenience caused
                                I'll book an F award on TG instead....

Comment

Working...
                                X