The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by benlee View Post
    Looks like they are finally listening and taking action to solve the problem, hopefully...

https://www.singaporeair.com/jsp/cms...20212-pbss.jsp

or maybe end up making it worse..
    I think the layer will happen. It takes them almost a yearnto fix the website. Reservation and ticketing are much biggerbthan website
    visit my blog

Comment

• The website crashed when I was booking an F flight to Melbourne for the 747 and now I can't select my seats for my flight. SQ told me they didn't see the need for me to select my seats online and that if I really wanted to rebook to solve the problem, I would have to pay a penalty...

Comment

• Originally posted by SIA5390 View Post
        The website crashed when I was booking an F flight to Melbourne for the 747 and now I can't select my seats for my flight. SQ told me they didn't see the need for me to select my seats online and that if I really wanted to rebook to solve the problem, I would have to pay a penalty...
        I do not quite get it. Why need to pay a penalty for choosing the seat? You can always choose the seat by retrieving your booking online. Also normally F fare should be not that restrictive right.

May be I miss something as I never fly in F before
        visit my blog

Comment

• SQ's strategy is not to lose face by admitting that there is something wrong with the management, the website, the managers, and everything in between. So they keep quiet.

But I suspect that they are doing something about it. But what?

Comment

• Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
            I do not quite get it. Why need to pay a penalty for choosing the seat? You can always choose the seat by retrieving your booking online. Also normally F fare should be not that restrictive right.

May be I miss something as I never fly in F before
            The website crashed when I was booking my flight. The booking went through, but for some reason, I can't change anything online. SQ told me it was purely a technical problem with the website.

Comment

The website crashed when I was booking my flight. The booking went through, but for some reason, I can't change anything online. SQ told me it was purely a technical problem with the website.
              Shouldn't the booking have been ticketed then? Or at least I am guessing that by calling them up, that's what the phone agents would have done. Once that's sorted, you should be able to see it come up properly on the website (yes, as buggy and dysfunctional as it is, I have never had a problem viewing my ticketed bookings on it).

You will only be charged a penalty if you decide you want to cancel your current booking and try to make a new one on the website (hoping it won't crash in the process). Even so, I believe you can ask the agents to waive the cancellation fee as I do not think there are any change fees for F fares.

Comment

• Originally posted by a340-313x View Post
                Shouldn't the booking have been ticketed then? Or at least I am guessing that by calling them up, that's what the phone agents would have done. Once that's sorted, you should be able to see it come up properly on the website (yes, as buggy and dysfunctional as it is, I have never had a problem viewing my ticketed bookings on it).

You will only be charged a penalty if you decide you want to cancel your current booking and try to make a new one on the website (hoping it won't crash in the process). Even so, I believe you can ask the agents to waive the cancellation fee as I do not think there are any change fees for F fares.
                The booking has been ticketed, but I can't do things to it online. SQ has said it is a technical problem with the website. It can probably be solved by rebooking, but they initially wanted to charge me a penalty if I wanted them to try that. They said they would get back to me about it on 15/2/12, but haven't heard from them.

Comment

The booking has been ticketed, but I can't do things to it online. SQ has said it is a technical problem with the website. It can probably be solved by rebooking, but they initially wanted to charge me a penalty if I wanted them to try that. They said they would get back to me about it on 15/2/12, but haven't heard from them.
                  I believe what they would have done is cancel your existing booking and refund it back to your credit card. However, this incurs a cancellation fee (about USD100 from memory). Hence, I suggested asking them to waive the penalty since it's not really your fault that this happened.

And their explanation about them not understanding why you need to do anything to this booking online is really not acceptable... maybe you should make this known to them *nicely, of course*.

Comment

• This is more shocking !
                    http://www.straitstimes.com/STForum/...ry_768823.html

Comment

• this is not new - as think saw such a similiar situation a few mths back as someone complained abt this in SQ facebook. But it does a serious breach of privacy.

Comment

• Is it just me or is it the damned website again:

SQ119 Status OK - No specific seat selection allowed
                        SQ890 Status OK - No specific seat selection allowed

SQ748 Status OK - Specific seat selection allowed but only ONE seat appears to be unoccupied - a preferred seat

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                          Is it just me or is it the damned website again:

SQ119 Status OK - No specific seat selection allowed
                          SQ890 Status OK - No specific seat selection allowed

SQ748 Status OK - Specific seat selection allowed but only ONE seat appears to be unoccupied - a preferred seat
                          Dropped them an email and they just replied saying they've assigned 33A for the first two sectors. They didn't even acknowledge the fact that I can't select seats

Comment

• Originally posted by boing View Post
                            Official reply :
                            Dear XXX,
                            SIA takes the privacy of its members very seriously. We are deeply concerned about the apparent breach of privacy you experienced. It is totally unacceptable. In order for us to thorougly investigate this matter, please contact me at feedback@singaporeair.com (Ha! Ha! Ha! ...) so we can get further details. Best regards, PR Dept.

Unofficial reply :
                            Dear XXX,
                            We are scrambling to fix the numerous problems with our website. We screwed up big time by being too ambitious, and not properly overseeing its development by a third party. We have been plugging many fundamental flaws over the last few months, and the problem you reported is on number 30 of our list. We expect to get to that sometime in December. Our priority right now is to ensure that the website can at least permit bookings to be made. I'm sure you will understand.
                            In the meantime, we would like to take the opportunity to remind our members to please judiciously check their account statements from time to time. In the event that suspicious transactions are noted, please bring them to our attention -- by calling us, of course (if you can get through). If its not too important, you may drop us an email on our feedback page -- we have tonnes of comments there and we'll respond to them after we're through with swatting flies. We also appeal to the moral ethics of all our members to please immediately log-out when you are inadvertently presented with another member's personal details. This will make the world a better place for all of us.
                            We thank you for your patience as we try to resolve this problem. We know it has caused a lot of eggs to be thrown at our face. Compared to other airlines, SIA still offers unparalleled service so we are confident that most customers will overlook the website problem and persist in trying to make their bookings with us.
                            Best regards, YYY

Comment

• But its beenalmost 10 mths since SQ have this "new" website and still have bugs like these and even discloses members' private info to others????
                              Over the past year - believed AK and recently CX have also changed/updated their website - but u dont hear of complaints few mths later still. And this is SQ that we are talking about - what a big shame.

Comment

• What is it with this effing website???? Always, my first search reverts back to the original screen showing SIN as the origin and today's date once I've hit Search. I have to re-key in the origin and destination, select the dates and search again. 100% fail. No matter how many times I double check my details, 100% of my searches throw me back to the original screen to re-key my search criteria and then presto, it works.

Comment

Working...
                                X