No announcement yet.

The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am pleased to report that for the first time in months, I'm now able to view My Bookings online.

Since July (as I reported here : http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthre...=11323&page=35), "My Bookings" had been blank. And when I key in the PNR, a small screen will come up, something round will turn .. and turn .. for eternity .. and an error message will pop out.

Anyway, today for the 1st time, I'm able to see all my bookings online.

And "First" class booking is showing as First, Business Class as Business class (I know .. sounds like a pretty basic point right?).

However, there's still errors. A First Class booking is showing up with a Business Class seat reserved. And in a multi-itinery sector, the 2nd sector onwards cannot display the aircraft map so that I cannot choose the seat.

And to be sure that this is not a problem with my PC, I actually tried doing so on the PC SIA has in the Private Room. Same problem. What's worse is that when I click on "aircraft configuration" last Friday, it shows "Error".

So my conclusion is that some things are "improving", but features which used to be problem-free are now problem-atic. Way to go !!!

Comment

• Ok, now I can't manage my booking for my redemption flight in Nov. The system kept prompting me to enter a valid booking reference/tkt number and family name even though what I entered is correct.
      My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• Originally posted by Dickson View Post

And "First" class booking is showing as First, Business Class as Business class (I know .. sounds like a pretty basic point right?).
        yes, it is basic, but they have not got this right for our booking.

Ours is a mixed class booking.

The F sector is shown as "business class" with an F seat number assigned (3D) but the seat map is showing a seat somewhere in business class (23D). A call to the call centre assured us that we are still in F class. I sent a feedback a few weeks back but they have not fixed it yet.

Comment

• My latest experence with the website, we have 4 seats for DEC in J on miles, one of the persons wanted to extend their stay, while the other 3 are flying back to the states.
          could not change on the dates on the website, so had to call the call center which they fixed to a new date.We then got an email 1 week later
          saying the flight time on our outbound leg had changed but only got an email for 3 people, I checked the website and the other person disappeared, I found the email I had received with the change
          so quickly went on the website with a new booking nbr and was told no record,I then put in the ticket nbr and the booking comes up but still will not recognize the booking nbr
          and noone can explain why,but under the ticket nbr it still shows her seat etc .
          I cant believe months and the website is basically still all messed up.

Motodave

Comment

• Here's a money-making idea for the Founders:

List down the IP addresses for SQ and their "professional web designers" (I put that in parentheses 'cos really they are a bunch of rank amateurs), and everytime this thread gets a hit from the list, SQT should bill them a live Alpha-testing fee...

[I'd call that an SQT "enhancement"... ]

Comment

• the website doesnt load

u s e l e s s

absolute garbage

Comment

• The website is utter garbage as has been reported here way too many times, but on top of that their customer service in regards to the website is non existent. After calling their Cust care I was informed to log issues via the website (yes that feature works) but I have never received any feedback. I log on about once a week and normally find some feature not working that worked on the previous site so I log a issue thru the online feedback. I've logged 14 issues and never had a response.

When are they going to get it right. Simple things still don't work. I can't even see my online bookings (like a lot of people). Come on SQ, what are you doing!!!

Comment

• I think it's a disgrace. One of the top airlines in the world and they cannot even create a simple website.

A lot of the time I cannot log into my KrisFlyer account (it says the Page You Requested is Not Available).

Plus I emailed Customer Services through my KrisFlyer page, and got a response the next day asking me for personal details such as DOB and email address. Hmmm, scam?

Anyway since providing them with those details, I have not heard anything back. Ridiculous.

Comment

• Something new came up for me....... It is 48hrs till my flight and an SMS came in that I didn't get before:

SQFltInfo - You are booked on SQ872 SIN-HKG 28-Aug-11 15:05hrs. To check-in please reply with Y3**** only.

All I have to do is type Y3*** and now it's automatically checked in? Was that always there since I always just had it come in by email as a reminder to singaporeair.com to complete the check-in, which I've also just received.

Comment

• Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
                      Something new came up for me....... It is 48hrs till my flight and an SMS came in that I didn't get before:

SQFltInfo - You are booked on SQ872 SIN-HKG 28-Aug-11 15:05hrs. To check-in please reply with Y3**** only.

All I have to do is type Y3*** and now it's automatically checked in? Was that always there since I always just had it come in by email as a reminder to singaporeair.com to complete the check-in, which I've also just received.
                      This has been standard for many years, assuming that you have authorised SMS's on the website. So the operative question being did you make any changes to your online profile, or is this another website glitch pertaining to your settings?

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                        This has been standard for many years, assuming that you have authorised SMS's on the website. So the operative question being did you make any changes to your online profile, or is this another website glitch pertaining to your settings?

Well, I certainly don't remember changing anything.

The other problem is STILL that we need to enter the PRN number and name when doing the OLCI and even logging in doesn't just bring it up automatically.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clackers View Post
                          I think it's a disgrace. One of the top airlines in the world and they cannot even create a simple website.

A lot of the time I cannot log into my KrisFlyer account (it says the Page You Requested is Not Available).

Plus I emailed Customer Services through my KrisFlyer page, and got a response the next day asking me for personal details such as DOB and email address. Hmmm, scam?

Anyway since providing them with those details, I have not heard anything back. Ridiculous.
                          Clackers.... SQ for many years had an excellent website... Until this disaster came about only in May'2011... i believe most people would wished that SQ had reinstated their old website. The prevoius version worked perfectly, easy to navigate and never look outdated. They could have just change the pictures and design to keep it fresh and contemporary and not overhaul their whole system. I simply hate their new drop-down city list (which even list the cities the airline does not fly to) and the 2 big calendars on the left of their home
                          page.

Comment

• The website is still a farce. I cannot believe how much more time you have to spend putting in information just to check stuff that could have been done in no time on the old website. I have just been looking at award availability and I had to sign in three times just to get to see whether it was available.

I am beginning to think that they intend getting it to a state where it can do the basics again then we will just have to lump it.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                              I am beginning to think that they intend getting it to a state where it can do the basics again then we will just have to lump it.
                              Yep, I think that was always their plan. Nothing has changed / improved for over a month now. Even little things like no "spaces" between words are still there and not fixed. Although I am surprised they fixed the spinning wheel graphic issues.

Comment

• Just attempted to OLCI for my flights later tonight, however received this delightful message:

Originally posted by Singapoor Airlines Webpage
                                Dear Valued Customer,

We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties on singaporeair.com, and are working to rectify the problem.

You may wish to contact your local Singapore Airlines Office should you require urgent assistance.

Your understanding is much appreciated, and we apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Yours sincerely,
                                Singapore Airlines
                                I'm giddy with excitement at what beholds users once the maintenance is completed

Comment

Working...
                                X