The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by benlee View Post
    I just did a multi-city itenary booking on SQ website. The process was smooth from flight selection to payment without any hiccups, and I can also pre-select my seats. Booking can be retrieved without problems, including seat selection.

Yes, the website is slow. A fast broadband connection helps to some extend.
    I had a lot of problems with the site earlier today. I don't know why but everytime I tried to search for flights from Singapore to Mumbai, the screen switched to a new page and the departure city kept changing to Adelaide.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMD View Post
      I had a lot of problems with the site earlier today. I don't know why but everytime I tried to search for flights from Singapore to Mumbai, the screen switched to a new page and the departure city kept changing to Adelaide.
      Mine works fine. Did you try updating your browser? I'm using the latest Mozilla Firefox.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
        Awww... But where's the fun in that

If we were to let that happen, we'd miss out on things like the magical "button" in F on the 77W...
        That's not REAL?!

Comment

• Originally posted by UMD View Post
          When life throws you lemons, make lemonade.... go to ADL then

Comment

• Hm... Should I choose the SFSM or be a vegetarian for a day on SQ119?

Comment

• Potential security breach:
              Logged out of my KF account successfully.
              Logged into my son's account, got into the welcome page. Clicked 'Manage Booking' and my flights showed up.
              This could have been a serious security breach!

I recommend NOT accessing your KF account on public/shared computers until they sort out the cr*ppy new website.

On retrieving my booking:
              I really don't understand why you need to fill in your upcoming flight number and date AFTER you click on the link which says all the same information.

FFP# on bookings
              I hope they will sort out why the website somehow delete some FFP numbers from bookings or during check-in.
              This has happened too many times and is very annoying.

Just did an internet check-in on an LH flight. Must say I was relieved at the efficiency & usefulness of the booking & check-in interface.
              Last edited by StarG; 7 July 2011, 12:39 PM.

Comment

• I just did an internet check-in. FF number was blank so I added it in.

Error message came on saying that it failed to save, but the FF number did get registered and appeared on the self-printed BP.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  The message you now get when you call no longer says anything about the website problem, just that they are experiencing high call volume.

Maybe someone at SQ thinks everything is working ok now then.
                  Just called again and there is now no mention of any problem with the website. Maybe an executive decision has been taken to try what Thai do : ignore the problem and stick your head in the sand, because then the problem will just go away.

They have added a message about checking whether your passport matches your booking, and gives a fax number for you to use if it doesn't. That sounds to me like a very poor attempt at a 'time killer distraction' to cover the long hold.

What a total embrassment this is.

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                    Do you even KNOW what an iPad is, SQ???
                    I'm just digging that you're an Apple Whore like many of us.

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                    Potential security breach:
                    Logged out of my KF account successfully.
                    Logged into my son's account, got into the welcome page. Clicked 'Manage Booking' and my flights showed up.
                    This could have been a serious security breach!

I recommend NOT accessing your KF account on public/shared computers until they sort out the cr*ppy new website.
                    This sounds like a juvenile problem with the cookies not clearing/authenticating correctly. How retarded! A VERY simple fix for them. Who designed this crap? My overseas virtual assistants can do this in their sleep!

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                    Maybe an executive decision has been taken to try what Thai do : ignore the problem and stick your head in the sand, because then the problem will just go away.

What a total embrassment this is.
                    HUGE AL

Comment

• Well, the more they want to pretend everyting is now well and dandy, the more I am motivated to publicise problems I still encounter with the site.

At my 2nd attempt, I JUST managed to get my multi-segment booking through. "JUST" because right at the end (after filling in my credit card details, including the VISA authentication site), the system crashed. So I wasn't sure if the booking went through or not.

Subsequently, I received an email notification with the e-booking and I knew then that it went through. So I logged on to my account "My Bookings" to do the seat selection.

And this is when I encounter another problem - my booking is in First Class and the e-ticket said so too. But the booking shown under My Bookings showed it to be Business Class. So I cannot proceed with the seat selection because I will be selecting the wrong seats.

So I emailed the SIA office (its not in Singapore) and asked them to make the seat selection for me and to confirm if the booking was First Class.

I got a confirmation from the office that the booking is in First Class and they did the seat selection for me.

I logged onto the website again and lo and behold, every segment of the booking is STILL showing as Business Class but the seats selected are obviously in the First Class cabin.

I've sent a feedback to SIA on this problem. Hope they'll fix it, and not pretend everything is fine.

Comment

• I wonder how many people have contacted their local newspapers to report these fairly major issues. Anything privacy related would get attention in the papers.

Comment

• Why am I under the impression that the webpage is having more and more bugs again? A lot of things don't work anymore that worked before...

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                            This sounds like a juvenile problem with the cookies not clearing/authenticating correctly. How retarded! A VERY simple fix for them. Who designed this crap? My overseas virtual assistants can do this in their sleep!

The site just 'forgot' my membership number so the cookies might be a problem. In addition it now doesn't list all the recent activity in My Miles since I'm trying to find out why a bmi flight from almost a month ago has not yet been credited even though the boarding pass clearly shows my SQ membership.

My other flights from that trip, 6 in total, have all been credited properly including re-routed flights on LH instead of bmi after my flight from Brussels was cancelled due to strike action last month.

So, SMK77 may be right....... things that were working before, might not do so now.

Comment

• well, it all remains rather hit or miss, doesn't it. Whatever I try, I still am unable to get a list of all my bookings. I just get an error message every time. I now use my iphone SQ app to get the booking numbers and then retrieve them individually from the wesite. Not the most efficient.

However, for the first time today when retrieving an individual booking, it retrieved all the details just from the booking reference and surname. No need to enter the departure airport or date However, this only worked for the first booking I retrieved, and all others required me to enter all the details

I still get random error messages and updating details in a booking seems to be virtually impossible.

Overall, it is still very unstable and in my opinion they still haven't addressed the main problem - the hideous home page.

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by Dickson View Post
                                And this is when I encounter another problem - my booking is in First Class and the e-ticket said so too. But the booking shown under My Bookings showed it to be Business Class. So I cannot proceed with the seat selection because I will be selecting the wrong seats.
                                One of my bookings has done this. I have flights to and from LHR, one in 2A the other in 3F, both on the 380 and according to the website I am in Business Class for both.

Comment

Working...
                                X