No announcement yet.

The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone forgot to mention to its little sister, SilkAir, that they've changed their website. All of the MI links to the SQ website are now broken.

(sigh)

Comment

• I tried to do redemption booking over the weekend and the new website successfully delivered what it had been designed for ... A failed booking!

I was asked to select my own name from the redemption nominee list but it was not there. I was then asked to fill out all my personal details all over again (incl. my names, my passport number, and my Krisflyer number) but I could not do anything with the Salutation box which happened to be one of those boxes with an asterisk. Consequently, I could not proceed to the next page. I tried several times and finally got the error message. Giving up, I decided to call the call center.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMD View Post
        I tried to do redemption booking over the weekend and the new website successfully delivered what it had been designed for ... A failed booking!

I was asked to select my own name from the redemption nominee list but it was not there. I was then asked to fill out all my personal details all over again (incl. my names, my passport number, and my Krisflyer number) but I could not do anything with the Salutation box which happened to be one of those boxes with an asterisk. Consequently, I could not proceed to the next page. I tried several times and finally got the error message. Giving up, I decided to call the call center.
        Did the call centre still give you the 15% miles discount?

Comment

• I tried calling the call center this afternoon to check on a booking, but wow, the wait is REALLY long.

Comment

• If you cant do the redemption online but they see the original booking was done online then they honour teh 15% discount

Comment

• better go back to using travel agents people.
              My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

• Originally posted by dr gonzo View Post
                If you cant do the redemption online but they see the original booking was done online then they honour teh 15% discount
                they should give 25% because the trouble we have to call in!!
                visit my blog

Comment

• Haisss!!!! Couldn't do redemption SUB-HKG, SUB-TYO, SUB-FRA or any other routes that need combination of MI and SQ.
                  The system even didn't show me any flights, just "seats are not availlable" on the first time, and then when I tried again, then the system tell me: "Please enter a valid origin".... any date untill next year. Haisss!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                    I run IT project myself. Performance issue is not easy to solve. You need the expert to look into how to optimize the database queries etc to make it faster. 1 bad query can kill all and non-expert will not spot it. And if they use SQL Server, the expert is very very RARE.

Performance issue can also caused by BAD design. If this is the case, it will take LONG time to solve as they have to redo. Like demolish the building and rebuild it again. And definitely very costly.

I think we probably have to live with it for a while.

No worries, I'm in IT as well. But I still think they may not have done enough testing before the launch. Ok, load testing will always be different from real life when thousands of people access the site. But various error messages, bugs in forms and flights not being shown at all as route options could have been found by better testing.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
                      My online booking was involuntarily cancelled when it got stuck during an online date change process. It turned to become offline booking which really pissed me off as then I could not select seats. and neither could the agents see the seat map for such offline bookings.

A few days before the flight, I called in again (SGN office). They could give me specific seat numbers instead of the generic seat requests. On the departing flight, the exact seat assigned over the phone was still reserved for me. On the returning flight, it got swapped to another seat but not too far from the requested one. Managed to change it back during online check-in.
                      I tried to reserve seats later on by calling the office, but stuff there, while usually extremely helpful, said they just don't have access to seat maps and no way to book individual seats, just seat preferences.

Comment

• I called SGN office, whose staff are extra helpful.
                        And I got the particular seat numbers reserved within a week of travel.

Comment

• I can't be bothered with fiddling with their stupid website anymore. So any changes I need or seat reservation, just call the PPS number, tell the customer service their website is not working ( which they always understand nowadays ) and make the changes.

Just assume we are back in the 80s when internet is still not popular / prevalent and it's cool. No point to get upset over a website.

Comment

• They should have tested their little circle loading thing! It looks like an 8 bit grab from a 90s website.

Where are the frames?!

Comment

• Has anyone transferred AMEX Membership Rewards Points to their KrisFlyer Account since the new website went live?

Comment

• Originally posted by WLG Base View Post
                                Has anyone transferred AMEX Membership Rewards Points to their KrisFlyer Account since the new website went live?
                                Yes, it was transferred within 2 business days.

Comment

Working...
                                X