No announcement yet.

The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dont understand why SQ top management is allowing this fairly major flaws on its site booking to be drag on for so long now in its almost 4th week and pissing so many passengers n potential pax - and straining its call centre which resulted in waiting for at least more than 35 mins for an agent to pick up the phone - and whySQ cant increase n back up its call staff to alleviate the long wait as its expected too many irritated pax will call the centre.

Comment

• I am thinking that they dont intend to clarify the issue UNTIL the media digs on it.
      Indeed, it's quite disappointing for a carrier which emphasizes so much on customer service, they did not ramp up the call centre capabilities.

Tell them and their standard reply would be that they 'miscalculated' the volume of calls..

Comment

• Simply speaking, they don't care. It's hard for us loyal patrons to believe because we want them to care.

Comment

• Almost one month later and no reply to my original email to them, I've replied to them and asked for them to expedite their response to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by ozdude View Post
            Simply speaking, they don't care. It's hard for us loyal patrons to believe because we want them to care.
            I don't think they are going to care until it starts to hit the bottom line. Perhaps it hasn't happened yet because regular SQ customers will just switch to book thru agents instead of booking online and still continue to fly SQ.

To be fair, SQ is not the only airline that don't care. I have experience with other airlines that are much worse. They don't even bother with answering complaints or feedback. Whenever you have a situation whereby there is a large service provider and many smaller customers, this will arise simply because in the opinion of the management, they can do away with some customers that complain too much. That's just the way things are.

Comment

Almost one month later and no reply to my original email to them, I've replied to them and asked for them to expedite their response to me.
              This is last week's automated message. looks like they are no longer responding to feedbacks related to website.

"This is an automated acknowledgment to inform that we are experiencing high feedback volumes related to the launch of our new website. We apologise that we are not able to respond to queries or feedback related to our new website at this stage.

For internet check-in issues, we request that you try again later. Online check-in is available up to 2 hours before your flight's departure. Alternatively, you may also check in using your mobile device or proceed directly to check in at the airport. Please click the following link to access SIA Mobile: http://m.singaporeair.com/

For urgent bookings, please contact our Singapore Contact Centre at (65) 6223 8888.

For immediate KrisFlyer-related issues, please contact KrisFlyer Membership Services at (65) 6789 8188.

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding the relaunch of our website. We will review with our project team to further improve design and functionality.

For all other non-website-related feedback, we will respond to you within the next 3 business days. Kindly note that our business hours are Monday to Friday (8.30 am to 5.30 pm Singapore time).
              If you are outside Singapore, you may also contact one of our local reservations offices, which can be found here"

Comment

• If you've ever clicked remember me just once when logging on, that KF number remains in perpetuity until the cookie is deleted or overwritten with a new one.

Come on, these are just such amateurish errors which used to occur in the 1990s.

Comment

• Originally posted by Albatross710 View Post
                  It must be straining the call centre resources.
                  To be fair the call centre staff are doing a sterling job in what must be the heaviest workload they've encountered. Mentioning anything along the lines of 'I suppose you're busy at the moment with the website cock-up' is usually met with a laugh or 'Just a bit'.

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                  dont understand why SQ top management is allowing this fairly major flaws on its site booking to be drag on for so long now in its almost 4th week and pissing so many passengers n potential pax - and straining its call centre which resulted in waiting for at least more than 35 mins for an agent to pick up the phone - and whySQ cant increase n back up its call staff to alleviate the long wait as its expected too many irritated pax will call the centre.
                  ..and breathe.....

Comment

Simply speaking, they don't care. It's hard for us loyal patrons to believe because we want them to care.
                    well they probably know majority of us with stick flying with them no matter what.... so why should they "care"?
                    visit my blog

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                      To be fair the call centre staff are doing a sterling job in what must be the heaviest workload they've encountered. Mentioning anything along the lines of 'I suppose you're busy at the moment with the website cock-up' is usually met with a laugh or 'Just a bit'.

..and breathe.....
                      Haha, just last week when I called up to request to clear my June and August waitlists, the lady asked for my booking reference, and I replied, "Could you look up my account instead as it's not exactly easy for me to login to get that"

She laughed and remarked, "That is so understated, really, its the UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE YEAR!"

Comment

• The worse thing is, on my online boarding pass, the system 'recognises' all FFP to be Krisflyer, even my Aegean M&B number is stated as Krisflyer too.
                        I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Comment

• I tried to search for flights on the website today, and it just keeps showing me one flight a day, when there are two flights a day. no matter what I did, i could not get the flight to show up. The best part is that i cannot even download the software to check it as I am using a mac. I resorted to reading the very confusing PDF. The new website has to be the WORST i have ever used by far !!

Comment

• The website is soooo annoying as half of the pane freezes when one does a flight search... and as you scroll down (even if you do it slowly) the search results jump... and you cannot view the details in full... thus giving me a headache. I gave up after just 5 searches. arghhhhh.....

Comment

• the new website is awful awful awful! no upgrade button showing, not easy to view bookings, saying you havent updated your details when you have, horrendous layout, awful font who the hell agreed this past the design stage!!

Comment

• Never mind upgrades !!

It doesn't recognise BD's FFP number, and then when I keep entering the info, after 2 tries, it says "
                                SYSTEM Error
                                A system error has occurred. Please try again.
                                Makes me want to gouge my eyes out!

Finished the booking -
                                But system still does not recognise the new BD number with the 0000 infront.. BUT it recognises the OLD BD number !!!
                                Last edited by Guy Betsy; 9 June 2011, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X