Online Checkin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Checkin

I have a question about SQ online check-in. I did online checkin last night and try to get row 31, but cant as it is bassinet row and the system said can only be given to travellers with baby.

I notice niw seat 31A is taken and very sure that guy will not traveling bit baby as bassinet us on 31b. Any idea how come that guy can chope that seat?
    Btw i used to be able to get seat no 31k online few times. What happen?
    visit my blog

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
    I have a question about SQ online check-in. I did online checkin last night and try to get row 31, but cant as it is bassinet row and the system said can only be given to travellers with baby.

I notice niw seat 31A is taken and very sure that guy will not traveling bit baby as bassinet us on 31b. Any idea how come that guy can chope that seat?
    Btw i used to be able to get seat no 31k online few times. What happen?
    For the benefit of those people who come from far and wide, kindly elaborate what "chope means.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      For the benefit of those people who come from far and wide, kindly elaborate what "chope means.

post deleted
      Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQtraveller View Post
        I assume the OP means "choose"

Incidentally I have been able to "chope" my seats after booking flights - while my parents could only wait until they checked in on line ... have I missed a trick somewhere?
        Why is this?

SQT
        Sorry for using single. yes hope kind of mean choose or rather block or reserve the seat.

I went to check again. 31k is now gone along with 31a which gone yesterday but I can't select the rest of 31 and I am very sure those seat in 31a and k are without baby. How can they manage to choose that seat :-(
        visit my blog

Comment

I'm going to go out on a limb - so please don't "chope" (sorry lingua101 I couldn't resist) it off if I'm wrong..

But there's every possibility that the "guy" you're referring to may well turn out to be a "girl" - and equally, there is every possibility that this "girl" may very well have a baby and has such called SQ to arrange such a seat.

I'm just throwing it out there

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
            I'm going to go out on a limb - so please don't "chope" (sorry lingua101 I couldn't resist) it off if I'm wrong..

But there's every possibility that the "guy" you're referring to may well turn out to be a "girl" - and equally, there is every possibility that this "girl" may very well have a baby and has such called SQ to arrange such a seat.

I'm just throwing it out there
            Gunnar, I can bet my $50, whoever seat in 31A and 31K are not traveling with babies.

This is not the first time. Last time I managed to choose 31K but not 31H and was told the same. It ends up a guy seating there. Another occasion a lady seat there but again without a babies.

Actually I did ask the counter agent how they managed to "chop" it. She told me they will release the seat 24 hours before the flight. My flight is 1220 tomorrow. But that 31A seat was chop last night. I am totally confuse

I just checked 31D is now gonne. But I still cannot choose 31G and E. Btw only C F and H marked with "B"
            visit my blog

Comment

That's the magic of the SQ system. Although I'm a lowly krisflyer (still schooling by the way) I wasn't allowed much choice on the promotional fares to HKG last month, as it was on dirt cheap fares 398 rtn. However, I called up SQ and requested that i wanted to have an window seat and when I checked backed an hour later, I got 31A. So good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Calcjr23 View Post
                That's the magic of the SQ system. Although I'm a lowly krisflyer (still schooling by the way) I wasn't allowed much choice on the promotional fares to HKG last month, as it was on dirt cheap fares 398 rtn. However, I called up SQ and requested that i wanted to have an window seat and when I checked backed an hour later, I got 31A. So good luck
                yeah very strange... may be those Gold member can chop?
                visit my blog

Comment

The only person who can give the chop... Is Monty Python!

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
                    Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                    Last time I managed to choose 31K but not 31H and was told the same. It ends up a guy seating there. Another occasion a lady seat there but again without a babies.
                    Guys, come on now - are men not allowed to travel with babies? What's so unusual about seeing a child with its father, as opposed to its mother?

Originally posted by Calcjr23 View Post
                    There, in amongst all the frivolity, is the answer.

If you want to sit in row 31, and it is not available to select online, call SQ.

The worst that can happen is that your request will be denied. In my experience, SQ do not deny seating requests based on status (unlike certain other airlines, which shall remain nameless). The only reasons why you would be denied a seat would be if somebody has already taken it, or if there is some technical or operational reason for SQ to try and keep it open until the last minute (e.g. to serve customers with special needs).

I once had to call SQ to change the dates on some tickets (because the web site wanted to charge $3000 for something that should have been free - long story). Anyway, once the agent had completed the date changes she put me in seats which were blocked from selection on-line. I have no status by the way. It's just that the agents have access to the full inventory, whereas the web site may not.

Now whenever an agent asks me where I would like to sit I say 13A. That draws some interesting responses

Comment

Same experiences. I flew in to HKG on 856 yesterday and booked my seats about 3 weeks ahead. Put in seat requests as well which were left in pending even at OLCI. Not wanting to risk it, I paid for preferred seats.

My seat requests were for any upperdeck pair and even that was left waiting. So yeah, accommodate if they could but else it is a hit and miss

Comment

Originally posted by DinkumDave View Post
                        Guys, come on now - are men not allowed to travel with babies? What's so unusual about seeing a child with its father, as opposed to its mother?
                        What I mean it does not matter man or woman, but the peson is indeed traveling without a baby. And it is confirmed today. None of those seat in row 31 have baby with them. So I wonder how the person chop those seat.

Talked to the agent, she told me can request front row seat...

Anyway, got 48K with 48H empty, it is emergency seat with a lot of leg room. So cannot complain. But today flight was very bumpy. The seat belt sign was only switched off after 1.5 airborne.
                        visit my blog

Comment

As said they probably called or checked in on-line as soon as it was open.
                          I'm glad when they don't put on the sign too often as its a a pain in the rear, SQ normally has a habit of switching it on every five minutes, reading an announcement in English then in Chinese.

Comment

Originally posted by 225 View Post
                            As said they probably called or checked in on-line as soon as it was open.
                            If this is the case I found it a bit wierd then. They can assign it using phone check in (or talk to the agent) but cannot do it online.. So it defeats the online checkin right?
                            visit my blog

Comment

The first row seats are often held back for those with infants but if you have a special need for such a seat, they often agree. Just call.

Even if you do not have any reason apart from the fact that you'd like to have the seat, just call. They may give it to you on the condition that it'd be taken away from you if somebody else with a baby requests for it.

I have requested and obtained such seats quite a number of times just by making a simple phone call.

Comment

Working...
                              X