Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad case on loss baggage

Earlier this month I flew to Sydney for holiday
    It was on the A380 flight.....so typical A380 'issues' just before take off, captain announced that there were some technical issues; so we were delayed like almost 2 hours by the time we touch down. 2 hours!!! I was late for my business golf game!
    So when I touched down, i collected all my luggage except a small box which I checked in. They were cosmetics and some small stuff....I asked the staff, maybe she was PMSing or what...she gave me a cant be bothered look and asked me to call my airlines directly.
    Being seriously late for my golf meeting due to the flight delay, I left and decided to give SQ a call later that night;

Busy busy busy...I lodged the report back in Sin airport. Today I received a typical apology letter from SQ.....stating that it's lost and they dont know why it can be lost and due to the fact that I DID NOT FILE A REPORT AT SYDNEY AIRPORT ITSELF, THEY ARE NOT GOING TO COMPENSATE ME FOR THE LOSS.

This is the mentality of 'can siam, siam'

Disappointed....outraged? No...its not a big amount of money; but definately makes me look down on them a little bit more

Originally posted by sqrocks View Post
    for holiday
    Originally posted by sqrocks View Post
    I was late for my business golf game!
    Interesting way to spend a vacation, loss of luggage aside.

Comment

You're always supposed to take care of luggage irregularities at the airport. Golf game made you forget that?

Put yourself in the position of the airline. A customer submits a report for something he claims to have checked, not when the incident was fresh at the airport where the delivery was missed, but -- after some time has passed -- when he gets back to the origin airport. Wouldn't the report raise some red flags?
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
        Interesting way to spend a vacation, loss of luggage aside.
        yeah I run golf clinics around the world! My passion is my job

well like i mentioned, i did raise the problem at sydney airport itself, but no one gave a hoot.
        It was not some precious gem stone, so I'm not really that bummed about it;
        Just a bad month I guess.....just did a internet bank transfer to the wrong account last week and funds were not recoverable

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
          You're always supposed to take care of luggage irregularities at the airport. Golf game made you forget that?

Put yourself in the position of the airline. A customer submits a report for something he claims to have checked, not when the incident was fresh at the airport where the delivery was missed, but -- after some time has passed -- when he gets back to the origin airport. Wouldn't the report raise some red flags?
          It has to report in the airport before you leave the custom. Even you still have a valid baggage claim ticket.
          Once I lost my bag when flying from KL to SGP with SQ flight and file a report after return home. The reply is there is no proof of lost bag and no one else return any bag !!!

I guess is just too many of this type of incident eg someone collect a wrong bag especially small items. Basically airport authority do not check your claim ticket against the actual.

The sad thing is airpline fly without your bag. Also happen to me from KL to SGP on SQ. They latter found the bag is still at KL airport. I am quite suprised that the airline did not check the total quantity of bag again what is been checked in. The bag was returned to me on the next day via courier service.

Comment

Sorry for your lost baggage, but you MUST file a claim at the airport when you realise your baggage is lost.

Travel insurance won't even cover you unless you do this!

Comment

Having said all that and responsibility aside, it may not be a bad idea to still let the syd and changi airport know about the missing piece and the tag number (not just SQ).

If it shows up, you are in luck. If not, well...too bad.

Comment

"sad case", "baggage" - I guess I'm missing the April Fool's punchline .
                Last edited by bmchris; 2 April 2011, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X