Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ890 SIN-HKG

Hey guys
    Any of you know if the SQ890 SIN-HKG (earliest flight to HKG from SIN daily) is the retrofitted plane?
    The last time my HKG flight on J class was the old seats (cushion covers) and it pissed me off a little because I paid a lot for the seats only to find out they were lame!
    I am not going to let that happen again....so any help would be appreciated.
    I am basically asking if they are the retrofitted 777-200s with the leather seats
    Thanks buddies

There is at least one other thread in this section that tells you that it is done by an SV bird

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10937
    Last edited by SINFJ; 30 March 2011, 12:41 PM. Reason: Updated thread URL

Comment

As mentioned it's a SV bird meaning a 772ER having the angled flat (cloth covered) Space Bed seat and not the new regional C seat variant used on A330s and some refurb 773 & 772 birds. Still decent in my view though.

If you want another early morning flight with a better hard product (seat only) than SQ772ER and lower price point UA would be your only (dare I say it) option. Their new C seat on the 744 is fully flat horizontally and decent enough for catching some sleep. The service on the SIN-HKG-SIN leg was done by an Asian crew and pretty okay and at least the breakfast out of SIN was decent. The HKG-ORD-HKG part with UA crew is a whole different story though, but I digress .
      Last edited by demue; 31 March 2011, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
        As mentioned it's a SV bird meaning a 772ER having the angled flat (cloth covered) Space Bed seat and not the new regional C seat variant used on A330s and some refurb 773 & 772 birds. Still decent in my view though.

If you want another early morning flight with a better hard product (seat only) than SQ772ER and lower price point UA would be your only (dare I say it) option. Their new C seat on the 744 is fully flat horizontally and decent enough for catching some sleep. The service on the SIN-HKG-SIN leg was done by an Asian crew and pretty okay and at least the breakfast out of SIN was decent. The HKG-ORD-HKG part with UA crew is a whole different story though, but I digress .
        yucks! the old bird! Not worth paying!
        U r right, UA is $1000 less and the seats r truly lie flat.....anyways to HKG who needs lie flat...its just 'bo hua' to pay that much for SQ's old bird.
        UA is not an option for me as I am doing an open jaw for SIN-HKG, then Canton-SIN
        Looks like I'll go for TG now! 1k cheaper and still can stopover in BKK for shopping! MBK here I come! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post

Sorry ah just to kaypo a bit....share your experience with UA's ang mo crew can?
          I need to make a trip to Utah and seems like the cheapest option will be UA. As they have all the american states connections....if i take TG or SQ into LAX then from ther to Utah, will cost a lot more

So how's UA's J class for ang mo routes? At least prepare me mentally! lol

Comment

Originally posted by sqrocks View Post
            Hit and miss. I've got very good service from some ang mo crew (maintains your water glass at full) and just ok service from others (disappears after meal service). Food isn't that good, I have never finished their J food once (finished their food in Y though). Small selection of snacks only if you get hungry, I once asked for the cup noodles which was usually available as a snack meal in economy but was told they do not load those in business for that flight (shorter flight, can't remember west or eastbound).

Ok, I have not tried SQ's J prior to all those flights on UA business.

Comment

Originally posted by sqrocks View Post
              I have done the SIN-HKG-ORD RT three times in C and always found the crews between SIN-HKG-SIN quite decent and the ones from HKG to ORD and back very very mediocre. The only good experience was an African American lady (slightly bigger but with great spirit) who was very attenative and cheery (some may say a bit too much but hey).

I also had some of the most obnoxious, irritating and snotty crew in the form of some male FAs. I got plain rude answers and loads of attitude when questioning some rubbish info he was telling pax about (involved having to fill in a H1N1 form when being a connecting pax from SIN to ORD in HKG which was garbage as you don't even pass the temperature scanners and stay in the satellite terminal).

He had the guts to call me a 'smart ass' and that he knew what he was doing to which I just told him nice and firm that he can stop with the attitude, that he knows nothing about the procedures at HKG airport which is sad given that he just went through it twice coming in and going out and that the name calling will have consequences for him. Well cabin supervisor was quite useless too (as expected) but I told her that I didn't want to see that guy serving me for the rest of the flight and he was gone. Later got a bottle of champagne when leaving the plane as a token.

Food was very mediocre for C. Stay far far away from any beef or lamb fillet dishes. They kill the meat and comparison with a shoe sole is a compliment. Fish dishes were usually alright though not stellar. Ohh and stay on the upper deck if you can, way better. The 2-4-2 config in C on the main deck is a joke. Seat is good but narrow in my view and my waistline is 33 so not too burly

Comment

yah why the ang mo crew so hao lian one huh? LOL
                Anyway for SIN-HKG crew, I always see this lady Sally Grace around, on my last 2 flights I was on the upper deck J class and she was the FA! She's awesome! (although she talks a bit loud)

Comment

Working...
                X