Equipment shuffles and the disappearing new seats on SIN-ANZ routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlyBoy View Post
    Yet again SQ stuffing around with Australia/NZ.

Very very poor!!!!
    Think they're challenging TG to be the most inconsistent

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
      yeah - i agree with you! Us Australia/NZ people have been getting treated pretty badly by SQ of late. Not fair since we are usually give the highest load factors in the network, I think.
      agree here also. we keep losing seats on high-yield flights because they keep downscaling the equipment and pulling a380s off us to keep everyone else happy. then each time they admit the plane is too small for the traffic on that flight so out comes another old 744 from the desert...

how long will the 73A last on SQ237/228 this time given its far smaller than any other plane that has operated SQ228 for at least 5 years? we've been down this path before.

Comment

[flamebait]
        Given that there remain two daily A380 services to SYD, might we merely conclude that SQ thinks Sydney is rather better than everywhere else in Oz/NZ?

[/flamebait]

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
          agree here also. we keep losing seats on high-yield flights because they keep downscaling the equipment and pulling a380s off us to keep everyone else happy. then each time they admit the plane is too small for the traffic on that flight so out comes another old 744 from the desert...

how long will the 73A last on SQ237/228 this time given its far smaller than any other plane that has operated SQ228 for at least 5 years? we've been down this path before.
          Not long!

SQ228 should be the A380 again........ or at least a 777W

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
            Think they're challenging TG to be the most inconsistent
            TG are mere amateurs at equipment swaps now compared to SQ....

Comment

At least TG has only 2 types of F (bed vs seat), J (reclined bed vs seat) and Y (PTVs vs non-PTVs) seats to be swapped.

SQ has up to 5 types of seats for each class:
              R/F: A380 Suites vs 744 First (Old suites) vs 773ER/73A (New First) vs 772/773 First (Old Regional non AVOD vs Ultimo Regional AVOD) - Total of 5 types of seats!

J: A380/B773ER/A345 Biz (New Biz) vs 744/772ER Biz (Spacebeds) vs 73A/A333 Biz (New Regional Biz) vs 772/773 Biz (Old Regional Ultimo seats AVOD vs non AVOD) - Also a total of 5 different types.

Y: A380/773ER/A333 Y (New Economy with AVOD) vs 744 Y (Old Economy with AVOD) vs 772/772ER/773 Y (Old Economy AVOD vs non AVOD) vs 73A/72R (Old Economy with new interface AVOD vs Old Economy retrofitted with larger PTVs) - Generally 2 types of seats with 4 types of IFE systems.

So who is the TG here??
              My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                At least TG has only 2 types of F (bed vs seat), J (reclined bed vs seat) and Y (PTVs vs non-PTVs) seats to be swapped.

Hmm...not quite!

TG First: new first (refurbished 744 and A346) vs. old first (mostly regional flights on non-refurbished 744s, but there are those swaps) vs "suites" (9W-leased 77Ws) = 3

Royal Silk: lie-flat (refurbished 744, A346, A345, 772) vs old recliner (non-refurbished 744, 737, AB6 and old 333) vs old First sold as business (non-refurbished 744) vs newer lie-flats (773, 77E, RR-powered 333) = 4*

*It has to be mentioned that the same "newer lie-flats" on the 773 are in a 2-3-2 arrangement while they are only 2-2-2 on the 77Es and 333s.

Premium Econ: premium econ (A345) vs old recliner business sold as PE (non-refurbished 744) = 2

Econ: prehistoric seats with no PTV (AB6, old 333, 744, 737) + Recaro seats with no PTV (772) vs PTV with AVOD (A346, A345, new A330, 77E, 77W, 773) = 2 (at least there are two general types, but the 77W may have slightly different seats. Also, the A345 seats have more pitch that is not found on any other TG aircraft.)

I believe the next A330s might have different seats from those already on their fleet.
                Last edited by fuu99; 24 March 2011, 01:47 PM.

Comment

We can perhaps consider the term "I've been SQ-ed"

Comment

Well on my April 26 flight the plane has just switched to the 77W.

SQ 217 SINGAPORE 26APR 9.55 AM J / I OK 0
                    MELBOURNE 26APR 7.15 PM
                    AIRCRAFT TYPE B777-300ER

Glad I looked as 2 of our three seat reservations had disappeared as always seems to happen whenever they switch plane types.

Comment

No wonder there was an article about the inconsistency of products in all classes on SQ, TG and CX....can't find it now.

All these prestige airlines are well known for consistency in their products,both hard and soft, in the 90s. No difference in short vs. regional vs. long haul flight at all. What has gotten into the brain of the fleet management team?

And with SQ even flirting with equipments changes?!!!! they must be having a lot of free time to play with the system....like a girl playing with Barbie dolls....stripping its clothes and put on new and different one.....every single seconds.....

Comment

Originally posted by jul247 View Post
                        And with SQ even flirting with equipments changes?!!!! they must be having a lot of free time to play with the system....like a girl playing with Barbie dolls....stripping its clothes and put on new and different one.....every single seconds.....
                        It's one thing to dislike equipment swaps, a whole different thing entirely to liken professional flight operations to playing with dolls.

I think you should speak for yourself.

Comment

If flight ops was that easy as you make it to be, why are there tertiary institutions offering courses specifically for flight ops? Any joker can get a Bsc in flight ops if they know the fundamentals of playing with dolls.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                            It's one thing to dislike equipment swaps, a whole different thing entirely to liken professional flight operations to playing with dolls.

I think you should speak for yourself.
                            Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                            If flight ops was that easy as you make it to be, why are there tertiary institutions offering courses specifically for flight ops? Any joker can get a Bsc in flight ops if they know the fundamentals of playing with dolls.
                            Er..chillax guys. Its used as a metaphor to generalise the situation and never intend to speak for university program.

The basis of the issue now is its seems SQ is changing its equipments for Australia and NZ flight so frequently that some of the members in SQTalk find it bewildering, something that SQ is known....They have been consistent with their equipments and service. But not so much after A380 RR fiasco and its aftermath.

Comment

I think the disappearing new seats only really belong to Melbourne and Sydney plus the musical chairs in regards to equipment shuffles.Smaller Cities Adelaide Perth and Brisbane have all got consistency and the same amount of seats as each other except for ADL only having one service daily as opposed to three out of the other two cities.

Comment

Er..chillax guys. Its used as a metaphor to generalise the situation and never intend to speak for university program.

The basis of the issue now is its seems SQ is changing its equipments for Australia and NZ flight so frequently that some of the members in SQTalk find it bewildering, something that SQ is known....They have been consistent with their equipments and service. But not so much after A380 RR fiasco and its aftermath.
                                Well it was your choice of metaphor to talk about people with "free time" and "playing with Barbie dolls" like it's all a game.

I stand by my observation that you should speak for yourself...

Comment

Working...
                                X