Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
    Oh fudge!

I'm due to fly them next week in J to BKK.

Its on the 77W with the herringbone seats though... but back on a 330. Hope I survive that.
    Should be fine. The 77W (9W wetlease) is pretty good in C from a hard product point of view and horizontally flat. Service for the long sector in C should be better than on that short 'step child' add on to/ from SGN. The A330 has the angled flat TK seat which is also relatively comfortable from what I have heard from folks who have been in that seat for overnight flights.

Comment

Has anyone seen anything regarding TK's new KUL services? Eg timing/aircraft

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        Well I thought I would take advantage of the cheap TK fares for SGN-BKK a few days ago, and what a mistake that was.

I know it's only an hour long flight but they just could not be bothered. Less than half way through the flight and after finishing off our first post take-off drink, one of the crew saw our empty glasses and instead of offering a top up up or asking did we want another drink, just took our glasses off us. We also got our inflight 'meal', which consisted of a tiny sandwich and a cheap cake.

Oh, and to put the tin hat on it they lost my checked luggage, which I still haven't got back 4 days later....
        I wouldn't have been too bothered with the topping up of empty glasses on a one hour flight. On SIN-CGK sector, SQ is not offering much more and they charge SGD500! We always have to manage expectation and consider price/quality value.

I am worried for the baggage handling unreliability though. I hope you have had some insurance coverage and earned back some good money.

Comment

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
          I wouldn't have been too bothered with the topping up of empty glasses on a one hour flight. On SIN-CGK sector, SQ is not offering much more and they charge SGD500! We always have to manage expectation and consider price/quality value.
          Ohh you don't know MAN Flyer . You want to make him grumpy you let him beg you for bubbly You should see the SQ crew constantly topping up his champagne glass even if it is only 15 min to touch down, no asking required especially on SIN-CGK-SIN. I guess it pays to be in F

BTW, 500 SGD is a Eco RT on SQ in E fare SIN-CGK-SIN. If you go C it comes out to be more like 1200 SGD IIRC, but then maybe you meant one way or so.
          Last edited by demue; 12 April 2011, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X