Which *A to join post PPS devaluation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yvrcnx View Post
    If you are flying almost no flights on LH and become SEN by using other *A partners wouldn't that eventually raise a red flag with LH and they would require a certain amount of flights to be taken on LH to reach SEN as it is pratice by some airlines already?
    That's what HON Circle is for. 600k within 2 years and must be earned on the fully integrated partners.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Question about the BD program for those who are living outside the "allowed" countries:

1. How do you redeem cash+miles? Can you do this over the phone and with any credit card (eg. a Singapore based CC)?

2. How does BD issue award tickets on partners? Are they all etickatable or are some still paper tickets? If paper tickets, do they mail/courier it out to you?

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
        Question about the BD program for those who are living outside the "allowed" countries:

1. How do you redeem cash+miles? Can you do this over the phone and with any credit card (eg. a Singapore based CC)?

2. How does BD issue award tickets on partners? Are they all etickatable or are some still paper tickets? If paper tickets, do they mail/courier it out to you?
        1. Over the phone and with any credit card. IIRC, you have to phone during BD DC office hours, though.

2. When I redeemed on SQ for my dad over a year ago, it was a paper ticket. I asked them to send it to me in the UK. This info may be outdated, however.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
          1. Over the phone and with any credit card. IIRC, you have to phone during BD DC office hours, though.

2. When I redeemed on SQ for my dad over a year ago, it was a paper ticket. I asked them to send it to me in the UK. This info may be outdated, however.
          Was that a UK-based CC? I know 2 years ago they said they would not accept a Singapore-based CC.

I wonder whether they mail out paper tix to other countries as well.

Comment

All bookings are done over the phone with the Indian call centre. I have to say after a few teething problems they are now very good.

Most of the tickets now seem to be etickets. I've got 7 Cash+Miles bookings on at the moment and none are paper tickets.

I need to speak to them tomorrow so I'll ask about a Singapore Card.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              Thanks!

Comment

I am currently and have been an Aeroplan SE member for several years now. It has been my *A bread and butter for *A Gold membership into lounge access, etc. Wondering if I should stick to that in the post-mile/sector PPS days or should I perhaps hop over the wagon to pursue something like UA 1K or LH senator? I am completely blind to UA and LH's program perks. For example, I last redeemed an SQ F tix HKG-LHR-HKG for 140K Aeroplan miles not long ago. I don't know if it would have cost me the same, more, or less if using UA or LH miles?
                My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Originally posted by Rejuvenated View Post
                  I am currently and have been an Aeroplan SE member for several years now. It has been my *A bread and butter for *A Gold membership into lounge access, etc. Wondering if I should stick to that in the post-mile/sector PPS days or should I perhaps hop over the wagon to pursue something like UA 1K or LH senator? I am completely blind to UA and LH's program perks. For example, I last redeemed an SQ F tix HKG-LHR-HKG for 140K Aeroplan miles not long ago. I don't know if it would have cost me the same, more, or less if using UA or LH miles?
                  I have done a little bit of research myself recently on the LH program.
                  For SQ F award HKG-LHR-HKG you would have needed 180K but remember that with LH you get 200% for C class and 300% for flying in first and after reaching SEN an additional 25%. It all depends on your flying habits.
                  I signed up for LH M&M but haven't used it yet though I intent to very soon.
                  I have been contemplating wether to keep AC AP or move somewhere else for quite a while. It seems that all programs are changing rapidly, decreasing perks and it's a trade off which ever way you go.

Comment

If you plan on flying UA or LH a lot, I would go with UA, as the SWU's work on both LH (standby only) and on UA long-haul flights. (multiple flights, one-way)

However, I am being forced to go for SEN, as LH is not releasing premium seats for other *Golds on their flights, and do not give *G any priority waitlisting, unlike SQ....
                    Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; 17 March 2007, 04:17 PM. Reason: Adding LH/SEN info....

Comment

Just asked them about paying for awards with a Singapore credit card and they said that's fine.

BTW, any chance of this magical PM re Skyteam ?.

Comment

Manflyer... [Sicilian dialect ON] Nulla sacciu, nulla vidi, nulla aju dittu [Sicilian dialect OFF]

i didn't know anything, i didn't see anything, i didn't tell anything....
                        There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                        If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Just asked them about paying for awards with a Singapore credit card and they said that's fine.

BTW, any chance of this magical PM re Skyteam ?.
                          Thank you, kind sir! For your troubles, you shall receive the magical PM as well

Comment

Originally posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
                            If you plan on flying UA or LH a lot, I would go with UA, as the SWU's work on both LH (standby only) and on UA long-haul flights. (multiple flights, one-way)

However, I am being forced to go for SEN, as LH is not releasing premium seats for other *Golds on their flights, and do not give *G any priority waitlisting, unlike SQ....
                            No I am not planning to do many UA nor LH sectors. With AC's onboard service already ranging from average-bad, UA is even worse. On the same topic, I have really never been tempted to fly LH at all, let alone try out their J or F product. So I guess I'll stick with AE. Though I must credit SQ alot as they are the main reasons why I have managed Super Elite for several years now (most of my AE mileages come from SQ flights). So I guess all SQ and other *A mileages will continue going into my AE account. I have built around AE for many years so looks like there is really no perks for me to switch over.
                            My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

No I am not planning to do many UA nor LH sectors. With AC's onboard service already ranging from average-bad, UA is even worse. On the same topic, I have really never been tempted to fly LH at all, let alone try out their J or F product. So I guess I'll stick with AE. Though I must credit SQ alot as they are the main reasons why I have managed Super Elite for several years now (most of my AE mileages come from SQ flights). So I guess all SQ and other *A mileages will continue going into my AE account. I have built around AE for many years so looks like there is really no perks for me to switch over.
                              Double miles on LH fares over the Atlantic with a UA MP account...SWU's upgrade you into biz *or* F...

Not too shabby, unless you are based in Canada, or do not fly over the Atlantic much...

Comment

Originally posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
                                SWU's upgrade you into biz *or* F...
                                Isn't this somewhat negated by the fact that the SWUs are on standby basis for LH, and you said that LH isn't releasing premium seats to non-M&M *G? Remember that using SWUs on UA isn't aligned with Rejuvenated's airline preferences.

(I have some anecdotal evidence against some of what you mentioned, by the way. A number of BD *Gs don't seem to be having a lot of trouble redeeming on LH, and as an SQ *G, I've cleared the couple of LH waitlists that I've been on.)
                                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
                                X