LH Early Check in at Changi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LH Early Check in at Changi

Quick question - does LH have an early check in facility at Changi?

The missus is flying back to the UK for a few days on LH779 in F, but has an evening class which finishes at 10pm. I suggested she try to check in her bags in the afternoon and then head straight from class to the airport. I remember LH had an early check in desk years ago but dont recall seeing it since.

Or could she check in when the SIN-CGK check in is open?

Also, she will be doing SIN - FRA in F, but connecting to BHX in Y (No J class seats available when i booked - still waitlisted). Will she be able to access the FCL in FRA? Both flights are under the same ticket/pnr.

Thanks

I'd suggest getting her BP done early / check-in the luggage earlier as you suggested. Or print out her own BP?

Either way, finishing class at 10pm for a flight departing at 11:15pm - it's tight - and it depends on where the class is located, and on what day as traffic might be horrible on Fri/Sat nights, depending...

F to Y, I don't think it's doable - is it a F ticket throughout or the connection to BHX ticketed separately?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
      I'd suggest getting her BP done early / check-in the luggage earlier as you suggested. Or print out her own BP?

Either way, finishing class at 10pm for a flight departing at 11:15pm - it's tight - and it depends on where the class is located, and on what day as traffic might be horrible on Fri/Sat nights, depending...

F to Y, I don't think it's doable - is it a F ticket throughout or the connection to BHX ticketed separately?
      Flight is at 23.59 so plenty of time to come from town to airport. Just wanted to check if LH actually allowed early check in?? or even still had the facility to do so?

THe BHX sector is part of the same ticket.

Thanks

J

Comment

LH check in opens at 530pm.

http://www.changiairport.com/passeng...early-check-in

Comment

Originally posted by Jamiegutz View Post
          Quick question - does LH have an early check in facility at Changi?

The missus is flying back to the UK for a few days on LH779 in F, but has an evening class which finishes at 10pm. I suggested she try to check in her bags in the afternoon and then head straight from class to the airport. I remember LH had an early check in desk years ago but dont recall seeing it since.

Or could she check in when the SIN-CGK check in is open?

Also, she will be doing SIN - FRA in F, but connecting to BHX in Y (No J class seats available when i booked - still waitlisted). Will she be able to access the FCL in FRA? Both flights are under the same ticket/pnr.

Thanks
          No J class on the BHX! That's pretty unusual, although it's usually only 2 or 3 rows at the weekend and I notice it's pretty full sometimes.

If she arrives in F on LH, she should be able to go to the First Class Lounge at B22-24 which will be close to her BHX gate. I wouldn't recommend going landside to the First Class Terminal if she's on LH4900 (renumber to 952 this weekend) but she may would time if she is on the LH4902 (renumber to 954 this weekend).

I'm afraid it may be a bus gate, although some BHX's have been from a proper gate over the last few months.

Comment

Check in is obviously open in the afternoon for the CGK flights so I would presume you could check in then. I would contact the local office in Singapore, their city office is on Orchard Road opposite the Hilton and their email is singplufth @ dlh.de

Originally posted by Jamiegutz View Post

Also, she will be doing SIN - FRA in F, but connecting to BHX in Y (No J class seats available when i booked - still waitlisted).

Thanks
            As a mater of interest is this an award ticket and does the NH tool show availability in J for FRA-BHX ?.

Comment

Working...
            X