Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchasing from continental.com using credit card

Hi,

I was trying to purchase a domestic ticket on continental.com but could not proceed with the payment: the list of billing address countries for credit card purchases does not include Singapore.

Is there some way to get around this if I do not have a credit card that is issued in one of those countries?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to dealing with US-based airlines. Your only option here is to call them and they will process it over the phone.
    blog

Comment

I used Travelocity.com to book for Continental flights. You are also able to select your seat from the website.

Comment

Have never used the CO website, so I don't know.

If the billing info page on the CO site is similar to UA's, then there should be
        options such as APO Americas, APO Europe and APO Pacific. Since my card is UK issued, I choose Europe, type in my UK address and that always works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by JetE View Post
          Hi,

I was trying to purchase a domestic ticket on continental.com but could not proceed with the payment: the list of billing address countries for credit card purchases does not include Singapore.

Is there some way to get around this if I do not have a credit card that is issued in one of those countries?

Thanks in advance!
          Your options are to book thru an online website like zuji.com.sg, or to call Continental Airlines GSA in Singapore. Or you may try the UA website as many flights between CO/UA are now codeshared.

Comment

Thank you all for the advice.

I have tried to go to UA but they do not codeshare on the specific flights that I want. Travelocity also did not have the preferred departure/routing that I found on the CO site.

I will try and call the CO GSA. Let's see if they will offer the fares that are found online or only full (or near-full) fares.

Comment

jete, any updates on this?

i fly continental frequently when i'm in the US. its inconvenient that the website doesn't accept SG credit cards, but i work around it by using my US card.

if calling the office works, then i might do it in future.

Comment

CO's GSA accepts cash only. I couldnt book on it as well so I ended up with Zuji. The fares were also slightly higher. Reckon the difference was the service fee that most TAs do nowadays. Better to use your US card...

Comment

Originally posted by SQ_fanatic View Post
                  CO's GSA accepts cash only. ...
                  Rubbish.

That's what they want. But if they won't take your cc, then tell them that you'll complain to CO in the USA about this. Cos you insist on paying with cc so that you'll get travel insurance etc. Then watch how fast they will smile and accept your payment!

But make sure that they (GSA) do not charge you 'extra' for cc fees cos there are NO cc surcharges on published fares! Basically they CANNOT do that. Its illegal.. and yes you'll complain ...

These fly by night rules the GSAs makes up are all threats only. Stand your ground and you'll be fine.

Comment

Working...
                  X