Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

redeem C class, SIN->SFO on *A - when do award seats open up, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• redeem C class, SIN->SFO on *A - when do award seats open up, etc.

Hi everyone,

I would like to redeem 2 X C class tickets SIN -> SFO on a Star Alliance Partner in October 2011. My air miles are all with SQ, but redeeming on SQ as we all know is either impossible or require non-Saver rates.

Need feedback from the experts here:

1. WHen can i request for redemption for Oct 2011 flight ?

2. Which would be the recommended airline ? Thai ? ANA ? United ?

cheers
    Acey

Originally posted by acey View Post

1. WHen can i request for redemption for Oct 2011 flight ?
    You should be able to redeem on some airlines at the T-361 days mark (LH is one, although they don't fly your route naturally), there are also some that open up at the T-350 mark, however, most though, open at the T-330 mark.

I don't have a list of which airline goes with which policy, but there's no harm calling up KF at each of these points to try on your desired airline.

As a point of reference, if you want to travel on 1 October 2011, the

T-330 mark is 5 November 2010,
    T-350 is 16 October 2010 and
    T-361 is 5 October 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      You should be able to redeem on some airlines at the T-361 days mark (LH is one, although they don't fly your route naturally), there are also some that open up at the T-350 mark, however, most though, open at the T-330 mark.
      Intriguing! Can help explain what these codes are?

Comment

Originally posted by jammed View Post
        Intriguing! Can help explain what these codes are?
        Simple = T-361 is 361 days before the flight and so forth.

Different airlines have different "opening" dates for flight bookings, be they revenue or redemption, and the ranges I've seen are from 361 to 330 days prior.

Some LCC's like Easyjet don't have anything on sale beyond 31 March 2011 (IIRC) at the moment, so I guess LCC's have a different gameplan altogether.

Comment

I recommend my 2 fav North Asian carriers: NH and OZ. You could always do a combo of both like I did. ie OZ to SFO and NH on the return.

Comment

Working...
          X