Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zilchster View Post
    University of Sydney.

I just requal for Krisflyer Silver anyway. I should achieve 20000 points with Aegean by June next year I hope.

Nothing to be proud of my displaced loyalty with SQ. I should follow them and do some cost cutting on my own.

Anyone has any other input to add about Aegean's programme? Would be glad to have more views.
    It is all depend on what you want. As KF Silver, you get nothing significant, other than extra point (and priority stand by/waiting list).

If you really want to have a lounge access, priority tag on your bag, A3 is way to go, as you need technically only 19,000 (1,000 sign up bonus) to become a Gold. You need to do it within 12 months of the signup (or first flight??). And your membership will valid for the next full 3 years. I qualified as A3 Gold in May 2011 and my membership valid until Dec-2014.

Based on the T&M, A3 Gold is "life time" as long as you make one qualiying flight (not sure per year or per 3 years).

But you need to make sure that only the following fare are eligeble for miles on SQ flitght
    S, Y, B, E, M, H, W, U, L, K

All that cheap SQ ticket can only accrued miles with KF.

Of course like you said, redeming the point may be a bit of problem.

So it is all depend on what you want and your travel patterns. But considering you are now a student, I think you are most likely to buy "deep" discounted SQ ticket. So if this is the case, you may be better off to stick with SQ KF.

Another option is TG ROP. You can qualify as Silver for 15K for 2 years of 10K wiithin a year. They will give you 3,000 bonus point when you qualified as Silver and you get extra 10kg if you fly on TG.

But again these class on SQ cannot earn mileage on TG ROP G/ N/ Q/ T/ V, W (50%).

Of course you can fly TG also, but this may required you detour to the north, but also must be at least on Q-class. In TG, you can get gold status when you fly 40 international flights on TG or 50,000 miles per year or 80,000 miles for 2 subsequent years.

I am having A3 Gold (may be clock 1 flight in 2014 ), and trying to get TG Gold (which will valid for 2 years). After that I will probably clock to SQ for all my personal ticket (on deep discounted price)
    visit my blog

Comment

• apparently once one becomes gold on aegean FPP (and thus *A), you need both the star alliance gold card + aegean M&B FPP printed on boarding pass to gain entry into a staralliance lounge.

if this is true, does that mean that you cannot accure future flight miles into other FPPs and can only accure it into M&B since you need to have M&B FPP printed on the boarding pass?

Comment

• Originally posted by EdDalton View Post
        apparently once one becomes gold on aegean FPP (and thus *A), you need both the star alliance gold card + aegean M&B FPP printed on boarding pass to gain entry into a staralliance lounge.

if this is true, does that mean that you cannot accure future flight miles into other FPPs and can only accure it into M&B since you need to have M&B FPP printed on the boarding pass?
        I've used a screenshot of my A3 account as I'm STILL waiting for my card. However, YMMV.
        HUGE AL

Comment

apparently once one becomes gold on aegean FPP (and thus *A), you need both the star alliance gold card + aegean M&B FPP printed on boarding pass to gain entry into a staralliance lounge.

I entered in my TK M&S number and successfully accessed the 3rd party Shanghai Airlines Lounge using my A3 gold card flying on SQ Y the other day in PVG.
          I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Comment

• Originally posted by LOWJHG View Post
            I entered in my TK M&S number and successfully accessed the 3rd party Shanghai Airlines Lounge using my A3 gold card flying on SQ Y the other day in PVG.
            so you're saying that you don't need to have A3 FPP printed on your boarding pass in order to go into the lounge. basically, just the star gold card would do.

anyone can double verify this? i'm thinking of doing JFK-SIN-JFK on aegean which will give me *G, but want to accure my miles to another program after.

Comment

so you're saying that you don't need to have A3 FPP printed on your boarding pass in order to go into the lounge. basically, just the star gold card would do.

anyone can double verify this? i'm thinking of doing JFK-SIN-JFK on aegean which will give me *G, but want to accure my miles to another program after.
              you can definitely accrue to other programs and simply show the card for lounge access, there is no rule to say you must be accruing to your star gold account to get the benefits.

problem is that you won't be showing any status when it comes to operational upgrades so you basically won't get them in the rare times they become available.
              My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

• Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                you can definitely accrue to other programs and simply show the card for lounge access, there is no rule to say you must be accruing to your star gold account to get the benefits.

problem is that you won't be showing any status when it comes to operational upgrades so you basically won't get them in the rare times they become available.
                Just to add, my TK account is also *G so no big deal for me, but might be a big deal for infrequent travelers who only have one FFP.
                I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Comment

anyone can double verify this?
                  Um...I think this was already been done before you posted. And thrice now.
                  HUGE AL

Comment

I have done it so many times since April-2011. Clock into TG and show my A3 *G to access the lounge
                    visit my blog

Comment

• Hi all,

Would like to ask something.

I'll be travelling on Thai this coming December in J. On Thai's website, it was stated that I'll be earning 125% mileage and Aegean's website stated that I'll earn 200% mileage.

So how does this work if I were to credit the mileage to Aegean?

Is it ok to assume that I'll be earning the lower percentage mileage?

Thanks in advance.

*Edit*

Found this page which explained my question:
                      http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegea...ll-i-earn.html
                      Last edited by RCTP; 14 September 2012, 08:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCTP View Post
                        Hi all,

Would like to ask something.

I'll be travelling on Thai this coming December in J. On Thai's website, it was stated that I'll be earning 125% mileage and Aegean's website stated that I'll earn 200% mileage.

So how does this work if I were to credit the mileage to Aegean?

Is it ok to assume that I'll be earning the lower percentage mileage?

Thanks in advance.

*Edit*

Found this page which explained my question:
                        http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegea...ll-i-earn.html
                        As you will be collecting in A3, you should check with A3, in this case should be 200%.

i do not think TG website has info on flying TG and earn on A3, the 125% is if you fly A3 biz and clock into TG ROP
                        visit my blog

Comment

• Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                          As you will be collecting in A3, you should check with A3, in this case should be 200%.

i do not think TG website has info on flying TG and earn on A3, the 125% is if you fly A3 biz and clock into TG ROP
                          Yup! Thanks for info!

Comment

• just signed up for this and the joining bonus now seems to be 2,000 miles.

Comment

• Just came back from BKK trip.

While booking the tix on TG's website, I entered my A3's membership number and it was reflected on my boarding pass.

Now checking at the M&B website, my mileage still shows as 1000miles. How long does it usually take to credit the miles?

Comment

• 3 to 5 days from your flight based on my experience with UA, NH and OZ.

Comment

Working...
                                X