Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
    Why *S for 3k? It is 4k, yes the 1k count as "tier" mileage
    3000 flying miles will earn you *S on A3 as the 1000 sign up counts towards the 4000 miles required.

Comment

Originally posted by LOWJHG View Post
      Registering your membership already earns you 1000 status and award miles. So technically *S only calls for 3000 miles. The leftover miles (2000 miles) from your 5000 mile flight will be brought over towards qualification of *G. The 2000 miles will be valid for a year since you earned them.

I'm sure the expiry date of the card will read 01/16

Nope. Just show them a printout of your status, whether it's the check-in staff or Lounge staff, I'm sure it will be just fine. Anyways it worked for me on LH's Senator Lounge in FRA it should work for you too.

Cheers!
      Thanks so much for the info! A3 could very well be a good alternative when BMI goes bye bye! Really excited now!
      Have Passport Will Travel!

Comment

Well I did credit the remaining flight to A3 to push me over the 20K threshold. My account says 'Gold' now and I'm expecting my card in 6-8 weeks at the earliest .

I'm planning to credit another 400mls or so to reach 21K which will be good for a 1-way C class redemption in Asia (incl. Japan). After that I would not credit there for the time being as the redemption rules (lose 50% miles if you cancel a booking) are just plain ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
          Well I did credit the remaining flight to A3 to push me over the 20K threshold. My account says 'Gold' now and I'm expecting my card in 6-8 weeks at the earliest .

I'm planning to credit another 400mls or so to reach 21K which will be good for a 1-way C class redemption in Asia (incl. Japan). After that I would not credit there for the time being as the redemption rules (lose 50% miles if you cancel a booking) are just plain ridiculous.
          ahhh, if you did not mentioned need, I always think I need 25K to make use of my A3 mileages.

I have slightly more than 21K, so I can redeem 1-way C-class to Japan then, but how I will fly back?

I guess the furthest from SIN will be Tokyo?
          visit my blog

Comment

how about ICN?
            I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
              I have slightly more than 21K, so I can redeem 1-way C-class to Japan then, but how I will fly back?
              Air Asia X?

Comment

BD one way Z8 to Z7 ticket C+M but fly soon

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                  Air Asia X?
                  yeah i was thinking about that to. But I check TYO-SIN flight on their "biz" class is very "expensive" (SGD1,000+)

I guess TYO should be the furthest from SIN, follow by ICN I think?
                  visit my blog

Comment

I've been following this thread and was planning to put a 20k mileage in coming months in Aegean, but on closer scrutiny, some United discounted fare only earns 50% mileage. And I might be on UA this time round, though I might be able to up the fare to V class for the 100% accrual.

Comment

• post deleted
                      Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 05:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LOWJHG View Post
                        Nope. Just show them a printout of your status, whether it's the check-in staff or Lounge staff, I'm sure it will be just fine. Anyways it worked for me on LH's Senator Lounge in FRA it should work for you too.

Cheers!
                        post deleted
                        Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQtraveller View Post
                          Thanks - I'm going to have this problem going to LHR in June. Not sure if my card will arrive in time so it's good to see that i can just show a print out.
                          It worked for the B42 lounge, and should work for you too. Otherwise it was the A3*G already on the BP that worked.

Comment

• Should I ditch Krisflyer for Aegean's Miles&Bonus

Hey guys,

I need an opinion on this.

I am a lowly Krisflyer Silver cause well, unlike many bigwigs, I don't have a job that pays for me to sit in J or F.

As I would be furthering my studies next year in probably Australia or something, Looking at my travel plans for the next year, I don't think I would be able to maintain my Silver status with Krisflyer when I further my studies.

I will probably be able to accumulate 20,000 points on Aegean though.

My question, therefore is it worth the switch over to Aegean?

Well, I am hesitant because I don't know if Aegean will change their qualifying conditions and I don't know how financially sound they are and whether they will end up shutting ops.

Also them being based in Greece does not help?

But I could do with the vanity of lounge access and priority luggage and additional baggage as a student.

Given SIA's non-cooperative attitude towards its fellow * members I have some questions.

What lounge would Star Gold members flying economy class get to use in Singapore?

Does SQ honour priority luggage for Star Gold holders who are not Krisflyer Gold?

Does SQ honour additional baggage in terms of weight for Star Gold holders who are not Krisflyer Gold?

When BMI was shut, what happened to those who want to stay with Star Alliance? Which airlines took their frequent flyers in?

Their redemption rates don't look good unless u r flying intra-Asia. And economy to business upgrades on other * is impossible.

Will the status on Aegean expire?

Looking forward to your advice.

Comment

• Hey zilchster, it is definitely worth it. First off you will get the extra 20 kg of baggage (by personal experience). If you want a ticket issued by sq to include extra baggage allowance you're looking at a S/Y ticket which is considerably more expensive than E tickets. If you qualify now, your card will give an expiry date of 2015/2016, which would give a lot of time if you need to requal. As said on this thread and FT, being in Greece has no effect whatsoever on the airline. The FF programme is a strong product due to the low qualification criteria, and more revenue is generated in this sense. The redemption rates intra Asia are considerably good too, with 42000 miles only for a RT J class ticket. The demise of SK and the sale of BD to IAG allowed the members of its FF programmes to match to another star alliance FFP via *A arrangements. The lounge *G get to use, as highlighted in this forum, are the Krisflyer lounges in t2&3, and the more inferior TG lounge in T1.

*G is *G, Nuff said.

Just curious, which university are you headed to?

Comment

• Originally posted by LOWJHG View Post
                                Hey zilchster, it is definitely worth it. First off you will get the extra 20 kg of baggage (by personal experience). If you want a ticket issued by sq to include extra baggage allowance you're looking at a S/Y ticket which is considerably more expensive than E tickets. If you qualify now, your card will give an expiry date of 2015/2016, which would give a lot of time if you need to requal. As said on this thread and FT, being in Greece has no effect whatsoever on the airline. The FF programme is a strong product due to the low qualification criteria, and more revenue is generated in this sense. The redemption rates intra Asia are considerably good too, with 42000 miles only for a RT J class ticket. The demise of SK and the sale of BD to IAG allowed the members of its FF programmes to match to another star alliance FFP via *A arrangements. The lounge *G get to use, as highlighted in this forum, are the Krisflyer lounges in t2&3, and the more inferior TG lounge in T1.

*G is *G, Nuff said.

Just curious, which university are you headed to?
                                University of Sydney.

I just requal for Krisflyer Silver anyway. I should achieve 20000 points with Aegean by June next year I hope.

Nothing to be proud of my displaced loyalty with SQ. I should follow them and do some cost cutting on my own.

Anyone has any other input to add about Aegean's programme? Would be glad to have more views.

Comment

Working...
                                X