Star Gold status for only 20,000 miles with Aegean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by demue View Post
    No rush, would appreciate if you could update me once your card has arrived. I just wnat to see more evidence that they ar estill very generous with the validity before putting miles on A3. Thanks.
    i qualified for A3*S last year november(11/2010) and have status lasting until 12/2013.
    I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Comment

Originally posted by LOWJHG View Post
      i qualified for A3*S last year november(11/2010) and have status lasting until 12/2013.
      so i can confirm it whoever qualify in 2011 will have the expiry date on 12/2014
      visit my blog

Comment

Hi, have a question. On the A3 website it shows that for Far East to Far East, the Biz redemption rate is 42,000 miles. Considering, I have a flight from Singapore to Fukuoka on SQ coming up, would I be able to use my A3 miles for that redemption or are there any restrictions I may have missed out? Because on SQ's website, even with the 15% redemption discount, I still need to fork out 59,500 miles on the same flight.

Any advise will be much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by GLAM82 View Post
          Hi, have a question. On the A3 website it shows that for Far East to Far East, the Biz redemption rate is 42,000 miles. Considering, I have a flight from Singapore to Fukuoka on SQ coming up, would I be able to use my A3 miles for that redemption or are there any restrictions I may have missed out? Because on SQ's website, even with the 15% redemption discount, I still need to fork out 59,500 miles on the same flight.

Any advise will be much appreciated.
          As long as A3 can get a seat on that SQ flight in Biz it should be fine. It is an A330 so it is possible using another *A FFPs miles. One would think that SQ is happy to get people onto those flights, but I have had a heck of a time with the FUK & NGO flights with seats showing up on ANA as available, but BD DC still can't grab them. Good luck.

Comment

As long as A3 can get a seat on that SQ flight in Biz it should be fine. It is an A330 so it is possible using another *A FFPs miles. One would think that SQ is happy to get people onto those flights, but I have had a heck of a time with the FUK & NGO flights with seats showing up on ANA as available, but BD DC still can't grab them. Good luck.
            Thanks for the advise. Will go with A3 for awhile to see if redemption on SQ's SIN-FUK-SIN is easy. If not will have to just stick with Krisflyer

Comment

just got my A3 Gold card - validity till Dec 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ginkoka View Post
                just got my A3 Gold card - validity till Dec 2014
                Thanks for the update. So if I sign up end August and credit some flights there and then hit the 25K mark by mid-2012 I should be able to get status till end 2015. Hope it will last that long.

Comment

It takes a really long time for them to send the card to you though. Have been waiting since May for the Gold Card. Also took about 3 months for the Blue Card.

Comment

Originally posted by GLAM82 View Post
                    It takes a really long time for them to send the card to you though. Have been waiting since May for the Gold Card. Also took about 3 months for the Blue Card.
                    Thanks for the info. No issue in my case as long as it eventually arrives. I got BD *G till 10/12 and LH*G till 02/13 and am just looking at a 'cheap' way to get *G given the likely demise of BD sometime in 2012 or 2013. I'm not going to fly 100K paid miles this year or next as I'm redeeming quite a fair bit for my travels so LH SEN renewal is out of the picture.

Comment

i wonder though - despite the stated expiry date on the card, the Gold status might very well expire after 1 year. In which case, i suppose we could still bluff our way into the lounges with the physical card. but if we were to try this at check-in to get priority luggage tags, we'd have to use another airline's FF number, else A3's would throw up a non-Gold status...

Comment

Don't you have the duration of your status listed on your online account? Or some sort of counter of miles earned and how much to go to Gold? Would be kind of odd to issue a card valid till end 2014 with actual status only being valid for a year. If anyone can shed light on that part it would be most appreciated.

EDITED: Well I read the full 20 pages on FT about Aegean program, status and the requalification criteria and guess no one knows if the status validity printed on the card will be fine even if you stop putting 20K mls onto the account every year. I guess time will tell. Worth a shot though.

The card for lounge access and even check in could still work. I have done it in the past that I have shown them my valid LH*G card to proof I qualify for the benefits, but then asked to accrue mileage on BD as I was building up that account. Probably wouldn't go past a LH check in agent, but on SQ, TG or TK it has worked in the past.
                        Last edited by demue; 25 July 2011, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Just in case anyone wants to give this a try a quick update on my limited experience so far. I signed up for an account in late Aug about a week before my planned TK C RT flight. Got the 1,000 miles bonus (also counts as status miles, thanks) and all seemed in order. Printed my temporary card and tried to use it when checking in for TK CGK-IST without luck.

Yes they used the A3 code and put the number in correctly, but it was rejected by the TK system as an invalid FFP number. Now I know folks who have successfully credited TK flights to A3 so I don't think it is a general issue, but my number didn't want to work. I was more hopeful for the return IST-SIN, but again no luck and number rejected as invalid even though it was entered correctly.

No idea what the issue is (was) as I haven't contacted A3 about that yet. I made a retroactive mileage claim for both flights and hope to get the miles within a month's time. If not I will put them into BD. I'm hoping the 'invalid number' issue may have just been a delay in data transmissions to *A partners or similar. No idea. I won't credit another flight for a few months so it is not urgent and I will have clocked around 17K miles in total by now (making *S or Blue as A3 call it) just shy of the 20K. I will complete the top up to 20K early next year I think to get *G then. Hope they don't change criteria by then. We will see
                          Last edited by demue; 7 September 2011, 05:23 PM.

Comment

I just realised that I was so stupid. Despite knowing about this from SQTalk since last year, I kept off doing it despite me flying all the time. If I had bothered to do this earlier, I would already be *Gold early this year.. Instead of just requalifying for my Elite Silver in SQ...

SIGH
                            Life's A Bitch,
                            Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

To keep an update on the different experiences we have with A3 I wanted to report that my retroactive mileage claim from late Aug for my two TK C flight sectors was credited today. Roughly 2 weeks to clear which I would say is not bad at all considering the process is very uncomplicated. You fill in an online form and all you need to provide is date, airline and flight number and one of the following: route flown, ticket number or booking reference (PNR).

Of course you can provide all 3, but not needed. NO need to mail or email BPs (original or copy) nor tickets. So I think A3 definitely verify the ticket details with the operating carrier as they determine the right class of service and post miles accordingly. YMMV.

Now howering at 18K mls with a smidge over 2K mls needed to make Gold. I think I will credit that extra flight in 1H 2012 and hopefully have *G for a while to come. Of course redeeming awards on A3 is a different story and the cancellation (will cost you 50% of your mileage) and change rules (well changes are not possible and not permitted, not even against fees) are very unappealing. So for one to considering this as a new 'home' program for anything but reasonable *G status I would think twice.
                              Last edited by demue; 16 September 2011, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Now howering at 18K mls with a smidge over 2K mls needed to make Gold. I think I will credit that extra flight in 1H 2012 and hopefully have *G for a while to come. Of course redeeming awards on A3 is a different story and the cancellation (will cost you 50% of your mileage) and change rules (well changes are not possible and not permitted, not even against fees) are very unappealing. So for one to considering this as a new 'home' program for anything but reasonable *G status I would think twice.
                                You can do SIN-CGK-SIN on LH C class. A3 gives 200% mileages on LH C. That's enough to clock 2000 miles. Also there will be only 6 more weeks to fly LH B744.....
                                visit my blog

Comment

Working...
                                X