Star Gold status for only 20,000 miles with Aegean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post

Unfortunately for most flyers i've seen, narcissism takes over. They want their "status" to show on the boarding passes in the faint and miniscule hope that somehow it gets them god-like treatment - and that's where things go wrong and mileage gets credited to wrong accounts.....
    Indeed, so I am not the only one who is amused with that.

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
    While I agree on not adding any FFP to the booking, it should be noted that A3 is a PITA when it comes to claims.
    I am afraid this is the price you pay for using these poxy airlines and their easy status.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ_0303 View Post
      Thanks SQflyergirl and silverChris for your comments.

With regards to fone's experience above, it might really be a PITA if we have to add A3 to the FFP for every booking just to get the *G benefits. Let's try it out to other *A and see how it goes....
      All boils down to competent and incompetent/experienced and inexperienced agents. I had an agent for TG in BKK insist on being a PITA 3 weeks ago...

Had to be very firm about what went where despite their best protestations (you have to know what to ask for and then again, you can't see the the screen so there's always that minute possibility of something gone awry...)

Comment

• Does anyone here know how long the miles are valid? Those miles that do not count for the tier status

I heard the miles are valid for one year.

Comment

• Guys i will be on TG metal from SG to Frankfurt and the booking class on Y will be either V/W. A3 does not allow any mileage on these two classes and inside KF accural chart for *A partners it states under TG Economy: 100% - G, V, W (excludes international flights).

First Question: From what i see so far, i will earn 0% mileage on this TG metal V/W class when i input my KF#. Right?

Second Question: I am a *G member under A3, can i just put A3 on my BP and then since no mileage gain in A3, i fill a retrospective claim with ROP which earns 25% of miles if not mistaken for V/W class? Alternatively if i can't, can i request FQTV with ROP and FQTS with A3 at the check-in counter to gain status and get miles credit for ROP?

Thanks in advance for all the help from the senior bros in sqtalk...

Comment

• AFAIR V & W buckets don't earn anything on ROP, KF or M&B.

V & W accrual is possible on domestic flights only...

Comment

• Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
              AFAIR V & W buckets don't earn anything on ROP, KF or M&B.

V & W accrual is possible on domestic flights only...
              It used to be true. But since TG upgraded the system, International V/W will earn 25% of miles with minimum of 500 miles. I can confirm this, as I have 4 V/W flights credited to my account (SIN-BKK-SIN and BKK-MDL//RGN-BKK), for 500 miles each.
              visit my blog

Comment

Guys i will be on TG metal from SG to Frankfurt and the booking class on Y will be either V/W. A3 does not allow any mileage on these two classes and inside KF accural chart for *A partners it states under TG Economy: 100% - G, V, W (excludes international flights).

First Question: From what i see so far, i will earn 0% mileage on this TG metal V/W class when i input my KF#. Right?

Second Question: I am a *G member under A3, can i just put A3 on my BP and then since no mileage gain in A3, i fill a retrospective claim with ROP which earns 25% of miles if not mistaken for V/W class? Alternatively if i can't, can i request FQTV with ROP and FQTS with A3 at the check-in counter to gain status and get miles credit for ROP?

Thanks in advance for all the help from the senior bros in sqtalk...
                you can put your miles on ROP and earn 25% of miles. Not sure if you can put FQTS with A3, because V/W does nto earn anything with A3.
                visit my blog

Comment

• Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                  you can put your miles on ROP and earn 25% of miles. Not sure if you can put FQTS with A3, because V/W does nto earn anything with A3.
                  Thanks for the response...i am tempted to try either TG or LH flight to Frankfurt....on A380...emirates is another cheaper option but no status....

Any thoughts or recommendation let me know...

Comment

Thanks for the response...i am tempted to try either TG or LH flight to Frankfurt....on A380...emirates is another cheaper option but no status....

Any thoughts or recommendation let me know...
                    TG has promo but only valid until 31-Dec. Base fare is $633 on W class.

I did some search the Q fare is $973.00 + $804.70 = 1,777.70 SGD

The C class promo end 31-Dec but can travel until 31-Mar. Price to FRA is $2,957.00 + tax ($957.70)

If you can make it within December, I will just grab the Q fare with extra $350 and get the full miles.

I think TG service is better than LH. I only flew LH on SIN-CGK sector so cannot comment on long haul. But I heard a friend of my friend said even LH biz class sucks.
                    visit my blog

Comment

• Hi

Am currently about 800 miles short of the 20k required for Gold status with Aegean and have a trip to Phuket planned for later this year. Just wanted to ask if it is considered a qualifying Star Alliance flight if it is operated by Silkair. The first leg has an SQ flight number while the second leg has an MI one although both are operated by Silkair.
                      Thanks in advance for your help.

Comment

• Originally posted by mingster View Post
                        Hi

Am currently about 800 miles short of the 20k required for Gold status with Aegean and have a trip to Phuket planned for later this year. Just wanted to ask if it is considered a qualifying Star Alliance flight if it is operated by Silkair. The first leg has an SQ flight number while the second leg has an MI one although both are operated by Silkair.
                        Thanks in advance for your help.
                        Nope. It's the METAL that counts, not the flight number.

Comment

• This month was the 35th month out of the 36 months for renewal of gold status. Just completed a flight and the miles were credited. Previously flew the required 20,000 miles in 2011 and got a card that showed expiry as 12/2014.

I understand that one flight every 36 months must be credited to maintain the Gold status.

My question is, the current card I am holding shows expiry as 12/2014. Should I report a lost card so that the new card will show 12/2015 or do they automatically send a card towards the end of this year?

Comment

• Noob question. Trying to build status in Star Alliance. I have memberships in A3 and AC FFP's, trying to figure out where I should credit my upcoming Asia trip? By my calculations I should have enough out of this trip to get *S on A3. I'm thinking that I should work towards "easy gold" with A3 first since AC wants 25k just to get to *S. Opinions?

Comment

• Originally posted by cyralax View Post
                              Noob question. Trying to build status in Star Alliance. I have memberships in A3 and AC FFP's, trying to figure out where I should credit my upcoming Asia trip? By my calculations I should have enough out of this trip to get *S on A3. I'm thinking that I should work towards "easy gold" with A3 first since AC wants 25k just to get to *S. Opinions?
                              Really depends on you.

Assuming you are based in Canada and/or flies AC frequently:
                              Do you value status more than ease of usage of miles? I'm not sure what it is like to redeem miles on AC but I just assume that it is easier to do so with "home" advantage.

This is from my experience with A3 and SQ(Home ground) as I mostly travel on SQ, so it is easier to redeem KF miles on SQ.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCTP View Post
                                Really depends on you.

Assuming you are based in Canada and/or flies AC frequently:
                                Do you value status more than ease of usage of miles? I'm not sure what it is like to redeem miles on AC but I just assume that it is easier to do so with "home" advantage.

This is from my experience with A3 and SQ(Home ground) as I mostly travel on SQ, so it is easier to redeem KF miles on SQ.
                                Definitely a good way to put it. From what I've read AC redemption is alot easier than A3. The problem that I'm having is that AC FFP is split into two programs, Altitude and Aeroplan. Altitude is the status portion and Aeroplan is redemption portion. I have a Aeroplan CC so miles aren't a big deal. Guess I'm going to chase for status then, thanks for the advice!

Comment

Working...
                                X