LH's Embraers out of LCY to FRA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LH's Embraers out of LCY to FRA

Has anyone tried the Lufthansa Embraers flying from LCY? Would love to try out this rather unique plane from one of the more unique airports around. How's business class like on these tiny planes too? Really intrigued.

I've only ever done the E190 on KLM Cityhopper and they are your typical regionals - single aisle aircraft that are fairly cramped (2-2 layout in the entire cabin). You should get the seat next to you blocked out if you are in J and slightly better food but that's about it really. No special seats or IFE. But as far as regionals go, I much prefer them to the CRJ's. If it were me, I wouldn't bother going J on the said flight unless someone else is picking up the tab.

Just my 2 cents.....
    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
      I've only ever done the E190 on KLM Cityhopper and they are your typical regionals - single aisle aircraft that are fairly cramped (2-2 layout in the entire cabin). You should get the seat next to you blocked out if you are in J and slightly better food but that's about it really. No special seats or IFE. But as far as regionals go, I much prefer them to the CRJ's. If it were me, I wouldn't bother going J on the said flight unless someone else is picking up the tab.

Just my 2 cents.....
      Thanks. I'm thinking bout going J purely because of my luggage. but You're definitely right. I think it'll only make sense if I can redeem. Ah well, I'll figure something out.

Comment

I flew this route a few months ago on the E190 and will do it again next month. It was the first time I have flown on this aircraft but I flew Y class and boarded from the back so I can't really say what J was like.

But as well as the comments above, I believe that it might even have more legroom than other short haul jets operated by LH.

I surprised that it is actually quite a long aircraft, given the 2-2 config but holding over 100 passengers, I believe that it is about the same length as an A320.

Of course the approach and take off into/from LCY is different to normal given the steep angle and the view over the city of London, which makes this more interesting than normal.

Comment

Hmm I really want to try that out now. Hmm maybe I'll go for a slightly more ex LH ticket so that I have some flexibility.

Comment

Working...
          X