Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SIN - CDG on J Redemption (SQ, LH or TG)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIN - CDG on J Redemption (SQ, LH or TG)

Hello All,

I'm thinking about doing a SIN - CDG trip sometime next year. As I have miles to burn (around 0.5M), I can redeem SIN - CDG on the A380 J. But burning 400K miles on that do pain me very much and I was thinking if flying on TG / even LH might be worth it.

I do not mind transits (As long not across 5 hours), but the J product should be good. I'm not a sucker for service, and all I need is good in flight, decent food, but most importantly of all, good seats that are comfy.

All feedback / advise is welcomed!
    Life's A Bitch,
    Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Of course the main benefit you get from redeeming on SQ is the fact that the flights will be non-stop.
    I have taken TG to CDG via BKK in J before, timing is good and service is generally good albeit inconsistent.
    IFE is decent on TG too.

Seats on TG and LH is angled flat beds which are quite comfortable for sleeping (although inferior to SQ's long haul J).

If travelling alone, I would not hesitate to redeem TG J/LH J for this route in saver award amount, over SQ J nonstop (standard award).

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
      Seats on TG and LH is angled flat beds which are quite comfortable for sleeping (although inferior to SQ's long haul J).
      Actually, to CDG, TG uses 777-300ERs leased 9W (Jet Airways), including the 9W first (suite-like) and business (herringbone lie-flat) hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
        Actually, to CDG, TG uses 777-300ERs leased 9W (Jet Airways), including the 9W first (suite-like) and business (herringbone lie-flat) hardware.
        Thanks for the correction. It was still 744 when I flew them and admittedly I haven't flown them on the route since.

So even better now!

Comment

Thanks all. In this case, I wouldn't hesitate to take TG than. But what about their IFE? I really wouldn't want to spend 15 hours on a plane with very bad IFE
          Life's A Bitch,
          Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Comment

TG's IFE is acceptable...

Comment

Why don't you go Suites? TG is flying the Jet Airways First Class on BKK-CDG and it's called "Suites". Enclosed seats in 1-2-1 configuration. Great value for money and the Star Alliance Award is 180.000 miles. Go for it!

Comment

Second thought: You might want to fly TG to Paris and LH on the way back. If you fly First, you can experience the First Class Lounge in BKK and the 1-hour-massage and the superb ground handling experience that LH offers in FRA!

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                  Why don't you go Suites? TG is flying the Jet Airways First Class on BKK-CDG and it's called "Suites". Enclosed seats in 1-2-1 configuration. Great value for money and the Star Alliance Award is 180.000 miles. Go for it!
                  This is the exact problem of SQ. I can fly 1st TG for a redemption ticket that is cheaper than J in SQ. What logic is that? It might be miles to SQ, but at least burning them on their own FFP program means that they probably don't have to pay their partners one way or the other!
                  Life's A Bitch,
                  Love It

Comment

Working...
                  X