ANA To Launch Narita-Jakarta and Narita-Manila Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANA To Launch Narita-Jakarta and Narita-Manila Routes

TOKYO August 6, 2010 - ANA announced its decision to launch two new international routes from Narita next year, resuming the Narita-Jakarta route from January 2011, and inaugurating the Narita-Manila route in March 2011.

This route expansion will strengthen ANA's Southeast Asia network. ANA currently operates flights from Narita to Bangkok, Singapore and Ho-Chi-Min City and recently announced the launch of two additional services from Haneda to Bangkok and Singapore which will start in October. With the announcement of these two new routes, ANA will operate a total of nine daily flights that service seven routes to five Southeast Asia destinations. This network will provide an increase in the number of choices available to passengers traveling between Japan and Southeast Asian destinations and will improve the convenience of transit passengers connecting at Narita to routes to and from North America...

https://www.ana.co.jp/eng/aboutana/corporate/index.html

Finally a compelling reason for a MNL stopover!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post

Never needed a compelling reason to go to MNL before MNL itself ... ahhhhh

Comment

And what about the JKT sushi run?

Comment

SQflyergirl: I knew you'd reply to that comment - so I'm qualifying that statement to mean strictly for my travel redemption patterns. But the real reason is because we are all waiting on a particular UK-based SQTalk superstar will have to officially volunteer themselves to host a MNL DO (otherwise it just wouldn't be the same)!

milehighj: I'm confirmed to actually (finally) dip my toes into Indonesian waters finally (intention: end-October), although somewhere much closer to home. I'm fast running out of free weekends this year, and you keep going on Tuesdays, which doesn't help! Pick a solid date and BB msg me? We might have to rope in a few Indo superstars for a CGK LD. It'll at least give me a reason to book LH C

Then I still have DPS and SUB to do... (not sure in which order)!

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
            And what about the JKT sushi run?

Unless both of you are suggesting SIN - NRT - CGK - NRT - MNL - NRT - SIN routing like our esteemed Mr.CGK used to do, I don't know how this would work.

Kyo, we are waiting for you to do the Sushi run in JKT. I know LionCity has been wanting to do this run as well.

Comment

milehighj: I'm confirmed to actually (finally) dip my toes into Indonesian waters finally (intention: end-October), although somewhere much closer to home. I'm fast running out of free weekends this year, and you keep going on Tuesdays, which doesn't help! Pick a solid date and BB msg me? We might have to rope in a few Indo superstars for a CGK LD. It'll at least give me a reason to book LH C
              Indo superstars, supermodels, supercars (read Lam......ni)... That can be arranged...

Originally posted by UMD View Post
              Unless both of you are suggesting SIN - NRT - CGK - NRT - MNL - NRT - SIN routing like our esteemed Mr.CGK used to do, I don't know how this would work.

Kyo, we are waiting for you to do the Sushi run in JKT. I know LionCity has been wanting to do this run as well.
              Sounds like a nice routing... Next sushi run to be discussed at LD#7...

Comment

Indo superstars, supermodels, supercars (read Lam......ni)... That can be arranged...
                Say no more.

/me hops on a plane...

(j/k - but I can consider coming end-August if sufficient arm-twisting is done at LD#7)

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                  ...our esteemed Mr.CGK used to do...
                  Who's that?!

OH MAN, has it been a year already?!
                  HUGE AL

Comment

This route will officially resume on January 7th, 2011.

Looks like the NRT-CGK-NRT traffic is picking up big time. GA will start its daily direct from from CGK to NRT on Aug. 31, 2010 using its new A332. In addition to that, JAL is upgrading its NRT-CGK-NRT service to its new 777-300ER effective October. This will be the only JL's Southeast Asian route with F class.

Comment

CGK Schedule

NH937 NRT-CGK Departs 0840 Arrives 1425
                      NH938 CGK-NRT Departs 2110 Arrives 0630+1

All Times Local

Comment

I must say the schedule looks terrible in terms of North American connections forcing overnight connections except for when heading to the east coast.

...and I was hoping to book the flights to connect to and from AC's YYZ flights making my YYZ-CGK "commute" less painful, but it looks like that won't be happening .

Schedule's great when not connecting though (well...based on my personal preference at least ).

Comment

I wonder why they start MNL and CGK flights but not KUL

Comment

When can we buy the Ticket for CGK-LAX on end of January?

Thank you

Comment

Unfortunately you can't buy tickets ex-CGK yet since apparently the route's still "subject to approval" and CGK doesn't seem to be loaded on to the "From" list yet, but they are taking reservations for flights into CGK. Maybe your travel agent can do it for you?

Comment

Working...
                              X