Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Class for HKG - LHR/CDG, TK or TG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Class for HKG - LHR/CDG, TK or TG?

I will go to UK from HKG at late summer, nowaday TG and TK are offering near the same First Class return fare ex-HKG at HK$39,000 excl. taxes, so I may take either one.

For TG, I will definite do HKG-BKK-CDG for the 77W from 9W and take the AF's A380 to LHR.

For TK, I may go HKG-IST-LHR, 9W's 77W for HKG-IST, but I will still do a turnaround for AF's A380 LHR-CDG-LHR.

So please help me to choose, which one have better amenities, better service and better food.

On the other hand, is there any attractive First Class fare for other airlines from other Asian cities like Manila, Bangkok, KUL, ICN?

Thanks!!

Well the 77W will be exactly the same with TK and TG.

I personally like the DO & CO catering on TK, as well as the amenity kit and PJ, and due to previous poor experiences on TG, I definitely prefer TK over TG.

TG's strength will be its ground service at BKK, but TK offers "Prime Class" experience at IST now, so you will be well taken care of.

TK Prime Class Lounge is nice, but nothing like TG Royal First Class lounge in BKK though.

Flight attendants - TK F/As are nice and tried their best, but lack refinement as I stated on my JFK to IST TK F report; however TG F/As can vary from excellent to uninterested and very inconsistent.

Food and Wines - I like TK food as I say earlier, but TG F Food is not bad too.

So it totally depends on your preference.
    I will choose TK especially if I can get a 77W all the way to LHR.

However both airlines have aircraft swap happened before so be prepared mentally!

Carfield

Comment

I have flown TK F 4 times now and I have felt the service is pretty poor and would compare it most airlines C (if that). The food on TK is excellent as Carfield stated although I enjoy TG food too. I like the bedding with TK compared to the blanket with TG. However TK are well renowned for swapping from 77W's to A340/A330's and never give the passenger any compensation and you will probably only get a refund of the difference between your fare and the most expensive C fare which will be almost nothing. Not a pleasant experience to pay for F and end up in C.

TG are much less likely to swap the aircraft and I prefer their service (I have never experienced anything but excellent service from TG so far but I have read that every now and then you can be unlucky and get awful crew). Also I love the TG ground services and spa. For these reasons I would always choose TG over TK especially on this route with the suites.

Personally I would buy 100k US miles for 11,600HKD and choose to fly whichever *A airlines I wanted (subject to availability). My ideal airlines to fly (provided there was availability) would be HKG-ZRH-LHR with LX F. You also get access to the wing lounge. And LHR-FRA-ICN-HKG in OZ F on the return. You can even have a stopover somewhere if you wish!
      Last edited by pogonation; 26 July 2010, 07:48 AM.
      Summer holiday plans: Asia 09

Comment

I agree with pogonation. I personally did not have a good experience in TK F, but SQflyergirl had a good experience, check out her report here. Also, do note, like pogonation pointed out, if the 77W goes tech, or get swapped with a A330/A340, you are screwed since they don't offer F on those planes.

I'd go for TG F or pay for miles and book a reward ticket.

Comment

I personally did not have a good experience with TK F from NRT-IST. The crew basically did their minimum job and they will disappear immediately after your meals, they were not attentive and zero rounds of drinks throughout the 12-hour flight. Good luck on your decision.
          ________
          Buy vaporizer
          Last edited by j.lin; 13 March 2011, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your advices......I am still searching if there any other option within my budget around Hong Kong.

The EK's fare ex-EUR is very attractive, but why not from Asia...!
            SQ's Business Class ticket is in good price, but why only valid for 1 month...!

Searching is tiring, in case of limited budget ^^
            Last edited by sutrakhk; 28 July 2010, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pogonation View Post
              Personally I would buy 100k US miles for 11,600HKD and choose to fly whichever *A airlines I wanted (subject to availability). My ideal airlines to fly (provided there was availability) would be HKG-ZRH-LHR with LX F. You also get access to the wing lounge. And LHR-FRA-ICN-HKG in OZ F on the return. You can even have a stopover somewhere if you wish!
              It seems that it is a very good choice by using this method, but are the awards easy to use?

If I want to book, is that I have to phone to US's hotline, are they friendly?

One more thing, are their award stock the same as ANA Availability Tool?

I think I have to act fast as this buy 1 get 2 miles program will end soon!

Comment

Originally posted by pogonation View Post
                Oh, I am too late this time!

As I don't have US Miles a/c, I have to sign-up one. But the buy 1 get 1 free program only available to the a/c setup for at least 12 days, and the program is going to end at 31 July, so I cannot make it this year

Anyway, Thanks for your advice as it is really a good method for going Europe from Hong Kong in a cheap method!

Comment

Working...
                X