Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Based in SIN: how to redeem BD miles for SQ flights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Based in SIN: how to redeem BD miles for SQ flights?

Friends, can anybody tell me how to redeem the BMI DC miles for SQ flight award? I have looked through DC website and it seems we need to call their number, which I assume should be UK-based number. I am living in Singapore, can I do redemption with other ways, say through fax, or email.
    Please advise. Thanks

Originally posted by wktan81 View Post
    Friends, can anybody tell me how to redeem the BMI DC miles for SQ flight award? I have looked through DC website and it seems we need to call their number, which I assume should be UK-based number. I am living in Singapore, can I do redemption with other ways, say through fax, or email.
    Please advise. Thanks

No - the only way to do it is to call.

Comment

Since we're all in a helpful mood, the cheapest to call that UK number is probably Skype

...because you're probably gonna be on the phone a lonnngggg timeee... (I remember my first time, and it wasn't for the right reasons)

Comment

Even if you don't use Skype by using IDD call you can talk quite cheaply. I used 018 before the BD DC number in the UK on my Starhub Mobile and got billed 5-10 SGD for a 20-30min call (roughly, don't rememvber exactly). Not bad at all and if you use 019 for Singtel it should be in a similar ballpark (no idea about M1).

Check out their IDD rates on the website though before happily dialing away.

Comment

Hi Guys,
          sorry to bring this thread up again. I just called BMI yesterday to redeem my DC miles on TG from SIN-BKK return. However the tax+surcharge they are going to charge me is apparently much much higher than the tax+surcharge quoted in the TG website. When I asked why, they just said that the tax could be different because of the redemption from partner airlines. Anyone has experienced this before? I thought the tax should be the same as the website. Please advise.

Comment

Hi Guys,
            sorry to bring this thread up again. I just called BMI yesterday to redeem my DC miles on TG from SIN-BKK return. However the tax+surcharge they are going to charge me is apparently much much higher than the tax+surcharge quoted in the TG website. When I asked why, they just said that the tax could be different because of the redemption from partner airlines. Anyone has experienced this before? I thought the tax should be the same as the website. Please advise.
            Are you redeeming miles+cash or just straight miles?

What is the price difference then? Can you verify that?

Comment

Better value with mid to long haul j and f awards with bd's program generally
              My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
                Are you redeeming miles+cash or just straight miles?

What is the price difference then? Can you verify that?
                I redeem miles + cash for Y class. The TG website said the tax for Y class for return SIN-BKK in July is SGD136. When I called DC, they said I need to pay 10,000 miles + GBP70 + GBP100 (tax). So GBP100 is much higher than SGD136. Can I assume that if I try to book TG ticket from their website, and the tax that TG charge should be the same as the tax DC is going to charge me? Or is there any other administrative charge?

Comment

I'm also looking at getting to BKK from SIN but as others have siad that BD awards ar enot the best value for this unless in C on one-ways and including multiple cities like SIN-BKK(stop)-PNH/SGN/DPS etc. Then it starts getting interesting. Also if you go on to Z8 like Japan it is good value. For example I have a BKK-SIN(stop)-ICN-SDJ-CTS booking in C on SQ/OZ/NH in fall and all that for 11250miles one-way plus cash and taxes

If you look closely, you use 10K BD miles and pay 70GBP = 160SGD or so (roughly) plus the tax. Even at the 136 SGD YQ+Tax TG quotes you already pay around 300SGD in which case you can just buy a (non-mileage earning ) TG (293 SGD with Mastercard until 12 Mar I think) or SQ flight (320 SGD on offer). with the BD YQ+TAx quote you actually loose money and still give up 10K BD miles. The only benefit I can see is that your award ticket is changeable and refundable but that also applies for the TG tix.

It also depends on your dates for the prices but not good value at all for your miles. I would just buy a tix in your place.

Comment

Hi demue,
                    Thanks for your advise. May I know whether the tax for multicity hopping (NRT-BKK-SIN) is equal to direct, say (NRT-SIN)? Also does BMI allow this multicity redemption if there is a possible direct route, say by ANA?
                    Wee Keong

Comment

Also does BMI allow this multicity redemption if there is a possible direct route, say by ANA?
                      yes. but you'll have to be very specific with the agent. And be patient as well...

Comment

Hi demue,
                        Thanks for your advise. May I know whether the tax for multicity hopping (NRT-BKK-SIN) is equal to direct, say (NRT-SIN)? Also does BMI allow this multicity redemption if there is a possible direct route, say by ANA?
                        Wee Keong
                        Tax and YQ will be calculated based on the segments you travel of course, otherwise that would be a nice one

As 9V-JKL was saying a route lik NRT-BKK-SIN should definitely be allowed even if there is a direct NRT-SIN. Also NRT-ICN-SIN or NRT-CGK-SIN would work or other routings that have travel in one general direction (for a one way) and do not have a major backtrack in them. Plus don't try to criss-cross back and forth within the region(s).

Comment

I've done 1 stop 1-way but is it possible to redeem a multi-stop 1-way? Like HNL-NRT(stop)-KIX(Stop)-SIN?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                            I've done 1 stop 1-way but is it possible to redeem a multi-stop 1-way? Like HNL-NRT(stop)-KIX(Stop)-SIN?
                            Also the HNL-NRT(stop)-KIX(stop)-SIN route, if we can have more than 1 stopovers, can it be redeemed with more than 1 airlines, say HNL-NRT(stop) with United, then NRT-KIX(stop) with ANA, and KIX-SIN with SQ? Which has higher taxes, 1 airline or multiple airlines?

Comment

OK. Found the answer. No multi-stop 1-ways...
                              Back to the drawing board

Comment

Working...
                              X