Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panic over, for now : DC members in Netherlands, Israel & Ukraine forced to join M&M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panic over, for now : DC members in Netherlands, Israel & Ukraine forced to join M&M

The news I did not want to ever hear.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-d...-m-m-real.html

Bad for mileage redemptions but great if it means I can keep *G (as a SEN) until Feb 2013 even without any * revenue flights!

Comment

Oh bugger

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
        Bad for mileage redemptions but great if it means I can keep *G (as a SEN) until Feb 2013 even without any * revenue flights!
        Depends on how they match the statuses. I recall with Swiss there were some unhappy people who thought they would be matched to a high status with M&M but they were not.

For instance LH could (although I think unlikely) only offer SEN to those who hit the 55k level above BD Gold.

Comment

HUGE AL

Comment

Still not quite confirmed as yet, it may be just an optional status match. Wait and see.
            My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
              Still not quite confirmed as yet, it may be just an optional status match. Wait and see.
              I read elsewhere that the wording used is exactly the same wording as was used with SN Brussels Privilege before. Then, it was "optional" in the sense that if you didn't participate, your membership was cancelled and you had a few months to use up your remaining miles.

Comment

Say it ain't so!

I hope sqdazz's more positive take on things is the right one. I see that BMI is still signing up new members quite keenly with their current 2500 miles promo, which seems to be a good sign. Otherwise, thank goodness I ticketed a few more redemptions just the other day...
                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Has this been confirmed in any way, shape or form from BD at all?

Today's the 15th. Does it mean we have to book any redemption trips literally 'overnight'?

Coz if so... grr... but I'll do it.

Comment

nono.. May. 1 more month..

I better book my tickets tonight then..

Comment

The date is still not official but its a matter of WHEN rather than IF. But I'm just surprised at the short transition time of just 1 month.

Comment

It's a massive thread, where's the May 1 vs May 16 mention? And where does it officially confirm anything that it IS going the way of the dodo by either 1 or 16th May? Trawling through it... but it's huge.

Comment

The 16/May was mentioned as having shown up on BD's site but shortly withdrawn so there's nothing confirmed.
                          I think you mis-read kaysquare's post

Yes, I need to ticket in a hurry too. I have 43K miles not posted yet though Joanna sent me an email that it'll credited in the next few days.

Comment

I guess I'm going to wait a few days before doing anything - who knows? The Wolf may see the outrage and decide to back down a bit?

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                              I guess I'm going to wait a few days before doing anything - who knows? The Wolf may see the outrage and decide to back down a bit?
                              True. But for me, burn as fast as you earn

Comment

Working...
                              X