Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LH or SQ

Hi all ,

Trying to book tickets for my parents to fly back from a holiday FRASIN.

Deciding between LH F (seats available) and SQ F (seat available). I'm pretty sure they would prefer to fly SQ, but is LH far off from SQ or vice versa?

Your opinions please.

For redemption, are they entitled to use FCT if flying LH F? And, any chance the flight controller will release one more F redemption seat, given at this moment, the flight is wide open? I know their usual is 1.

Many thanks!

They are entitled to use FCT if flying LH F.

However, with SQ using the 744 on this route, I'd go with the 744's F as it is still miles ahead of LH F.

In the event you really enjoy maximising your lounge experience, a case could be made for flying with LH. Very nice lounge, great facilities, luxury car transfer... and a bar menu that trumps anything else in the world. In the air LH is average and their IFE is sooo dated, though.

(and I'm not just recommending SQ because this is an SQ-centric forum... on this occasion I think they really *are* better)

On your return, ex-SIN, SQ F allows you into The Private Room, which has been covered pretty extensively here as to what to expect. You can also try to order more than four pieces of foie gras and see if you can set a new record.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
      They are entitled to use FCT if flying LH F.

However, with SQ using the 744 on this route, I'd go with the 744's F as it is still miles ahead of LH F.

In the event you really enjoy maximising your lounge experience, a case could be made for flying with LH. Very nice lounge, great facilities, luxury car transfer... and a bar menu that trumps anything else in the world. In the air LH is average and their IFE is sooo dated, though.

(and I'm not just recommending SQ because this is an SQ-centric forum... on this occasion I think they really *are* better)

On your return, ex-SIN, SQ F allows you into The Private Room, which has been covered pretty extensively here as to what to expect. You can also try to order more than four pieces of foie gras and see if you can set a new record.
      Thanks Kyo for the explanation. Never tried international F product that's why I decided to check with the forummers. Really want them to try SQ F, if possible. But SQ is not cooperating haha Not forgetting flying in the nose the 744.. It must be an experience!

Outbound, they're flying J, so no TPR unfortunately.

Comment

If flying Fra-Sin then I think it might be worth going with LH. The ground service is the best in the world. LH F seats are very old but they are very comfortable IMO and as they will be travelling as a pair the fact that the seating is 2x2 will be less of an issue. I really like LH food and drink and would rate it at least as good as SQ if not better. Service over all is better on SQ but I have not had a bad flight service wise in LH F (admitedly I do not have a very large survey size). IFE is miles better on SQ but for me that is way down on the importance list.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
          If flying Fra-Sin then I think it might be worth going with LH. The ground service is the best in the world. LH F seats are very old but they are very comfortable IMO and as they will be travelling as a pair the fact that the seating is 2x2 will be less of an issue. I really like LH food and drink and would rate it at least as good as SQ if not better. Service over all is better on SQ but I have not had a bad flight service wise in LH F (admitedly I do not have a very large survey size). IFE is miles better on SQ but for me that is way down on the importance list.
          Ah.. I see. Many thanks for your insight. Though I do think my parents are more inclined towards SQ. But I'll see how the ticketing goes..

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
          X