Front cabin of Air New Zealand 747 Biz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front cabin of Air New Zealand 747 Biz

Will be travelling with my wife from AKL to LAX in May and have managed to secure seats 1A and 1K in the nose cone of the 747.

Can any one give me any insight into these seats? There does not seem to be a lot of room at the front in row 1, yet they seem good for travelling with a companion and you have good vision.

Thoughts?

Have you taken a look at seatguru?

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Air...47-400_new.php

Comment

Generally considered good for couples....

I travel solo mostly so tend to go for 7A... but a friend ended up in 1K a few weeks ago.. travelling solo... and said it wasn't a problem with a stranger in 1A... so that assures me that you are not "crammed" together at the foot end.....

Overhead lockers only start at Row 3 though IIRC.....

It is a beautifully quiet cabin to fly in..... (I'm in 7A again LAX-AKL on 25Apr and looking forward to it as usual!)

Comment

The ottomans of 1A and 1K touch, but presumably it is fine for a couple to play footsies.

Otherwise much like any other business premier seat. Warning to board early if on a flight to/from USA because the nearest overhead bin is by row 3. If unable to use overhead bin there is a closet your carry on bag can go into, but obviously not as convenient to access.

Comment

Originally posted by trooper View Post
          It is a beautifully quiet cabin to fly in..... (I'm in 7A again LAX-AKL on 25Apr and looking forward to it as usual!)
          Miss you by a day. When are you flying to LAX?

Comment

Thanks guys. Seems like a good bet then. Just that looking from the pictures it looks a bit crammed up the front end. Not sure how the FA's get in to pamper you!

Comment

Working...
            X