SWISS new F class on the A330

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWISS new F class on the A330

Have a meeting in Bangkok in a couple of weeks.

Was thinking of routing Barcelona > Zurich > Bangkok with SWISS, rather than with SQ. I believe this routing operates their new A330 with the new F(did not like the old one). Considered Thai via Milan but not so keen.

Anyone experience the new F offering with SWISS, any opinions? From the info, pictures and demos online looks a lot better than the LH equivalent??

Cheers

Originally posted by AsiaCommuter View Post
    Have a meeting in Bangkok in a couple of weeks.

Was thinking of routing Barcelona > Zurich > Bangkok with SWISS, rather than with SQ. I believe this routing operates their new A330 with the new F(did not like the old one). Considered Thai via Milan but not so keen.

Anyone experience the new F offering with SWISS, any opinions? From the info, pictures and demos online looks a lot better than the LH equivalent??

Cheers
    This flight LX180/181 runs on the 343, not the 333. - no new F there.

Comment

What SQfg said. You need to instead do BCN-ZRH-BOM on LX (probably the easiest connection), then SQ for BOM-SIN.

I'd have done ZRH-BKK in a heartbeat last week if the 343 was on that route. But pity it wasn't, and pity BOM-SIN on SQ wasn't available for *A redemption (but ZRH-BOM was!!!) on my trip last week... grrr...

That said, LX F wins the Kyo+ award for airline PJs...

Comment

Ah, in that case I will not take the routing with SWISS, the old F is a little dated and nothing impressive.

Thanks for the heads up, could have been a painful mistake....

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          I'd have done ZRH-BKK in a heartbeat last week if the 343 was on that route. But pity it wasn't,
          Err, every ZRH-BKK vv flight is done with a 343 fella....

Ah, in that case I will not take the routing with SWISS, the old F is a little dated and nothing impressive.

I'd love to hear what you've got against LX F, especially if you thought it would be a 'painful mistake'!.

I rate LX F very highly, above TG F (not that hard I know), LH F (especially on the 744, not so much if it's an Airbus) and definitely SQ F on 77W. I flew BKK-ZRH in F with them last week and had another fabulous flight, just like all my previous flights with them.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            Err, every ZRH-BKK vv flight is done with a 343 fella....
            I meant new F

Actually I slept better on the TG 744 All Series Passenger F than LX F...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
              I meant new F
              Then you should say so.

TG 744 All Series Passenger F
              I am not quite sure what one of those is. Do you mean the later config 10 seat F cabin or the antique 2+2 vevlet seats cabin ?. Either way, I sleep better in the LX seat than any of the TG seats, and with 50+ F flights on TG in the last few years I've worked that seat out.

Comment

Haiyo MAN Flyer... that's what the thread is about... LX new F!

Comment

Well IMO, the LX old F is not bad at all. It certainly beats TG on their 747s. So if you are flying to BKK from BCN, I would say choose LX for the easiest connection in ZRH.
                  Cabin Crew, takeoff stations...

Comment

No issue with SWISS service, for sure in this respect always very good, very efficient... and good ground services.

But - I just do not like their old F seat/bed, for me just not comfortable, last experience to Sao Paulo on the 343 was a restless flight I was uncomfortable and did not sleep well (inbound and outbound). I have the same issue with LH F.

I prefer wider bed offerings, that's why I choose SQ F and Suites (although expensive), for the width and length (maybe not the longest) it's a good combination with lots of space to sleep and relax. The same for lounging like a sofa style when seated.

Personally I do not like sleeping straight coffin style with little space either side, I need a long bed with width to move around, think of it this way, I would never stay in a hotel with a single bed.

I cannot comment about TG as I have never experienced the product, but have seen lots of negative feedback.

Seat/bed preference is very subjective, there is a lot of opinion. With that in mind I hoped to try out the new SWISS F product (it looked interesting although again not so wide), but as others pointed out it's unfortunately not available on the 343 on the routing I planned to take.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Cheers
                    Last edited by AsiaCommuter; 2 March 2010, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X