Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KUL-BKK LH or LCC ??

Hi Folks

Planning a trip to BKK, just wondering which choice would be better.

Luftwaffe is slightly more expensive (by A$50 compared to AK) with restricted timing but can benefit all *G perks, on the other hand, AK offers flexible timing. What would you choose?

I'd choose Lufthansa. I like to have those perks, and if you have bags and want a drink or something its included. Can have a snack in the lounge beforehand, why not
    My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

LH, if timings work (doubt you'd see too many LCC recommendations on this website, anyway)...

Comment

I've flown LH F KUL-BKK - I wouldn't go out of my way to take it. I'd take the LCC for the better timing and save the money to spend in KUL or BKK on much much better food/drink than on a plane!

Comment

Reminder: LH flies 4 times a week. AK/FD more like 8 times a DAY.

Like JHM - i wouldn't go out of my way to fly LH if the timing isn't right. AK has some good timings that allow me to maximise a weekend: for example they have a 2020pm departure ex BKK (AK751) that's perfect..... arrive LCCT just before midnight.

Comment

Originally posted by lee_apromise View Post
            Luftwaffe is slightly more expensive (by A$50 compared to AK) with restricted timing but can benefit all *G perks, on the other hand, AK offers flexible timing. What would you choose?
            Have you checked the price in J on LH ?. You can get some excellent prices for a one way flight for both BKK-KUL and KUL-BKK.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              Have you checked the price in J on LH ?. You can get some excellent prices for a one way flight for both BKK-KUL and KUL-BKK.
              last i checked a Z fare was 1416 Malaysian Pesos all up RT ex KUL. Excellent value.

Comment

Well, I agree I wouldnt stay an extra night or wait an entire day when I did not want to.... just to take LH or AK/FD

Biz fares are definitely well priced, economy you can get one way for about MYR220, what a bargain, you can even earn 300 bmi miles lol
                Last edited by sqdazz; 25 February 2010, 05:15 PM.
                My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Just flew BNE-SYD on JQ a few days ago, My butt was in pain for the entire duration. I had the same experience on AK SIN-KUL before. I think I will try LH and make some comparison later and make a TR out of it.

Thank you all for the input.

Comment

Hi Folks

We call them by this name in my company (Norway)... They are a pretty good airline but inter-Europe, they are very much run like the military... There are a few jokes I could tell but it would not be PC to type them out on a forum.
                    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Hi Folks

I flew this last year, on the way back to FRA.

LH don't have their own lounge in KUL or BKK, so you need to use the Thai lounge (which for business class is better IMHO anyway).

When I flew this segment then the plane was basically empty. Less than 40 pax in Y not sure about the others but I could only see 3 or 4 people in J. there was also no meal service and only the minimum number of cabin crew. Another thing is that from KUL - FRA you stay on the plane in BKK but from FRA - KUL then you have to get off, go through security and get on again while they clean it.

Being a 744 running so empty it does mean that it flys down the runway and is quickly airbound, very impressive performance and worth it just to experience that once!

Comment

Originally posted by dj_jay_smith View Post
                        LH don't have their own lounge in KUL or BKK, so you need to use the Thai lounge (which for business class is better IMHO anyway).
                        In KUL they use the plaza premium - which is undergoing this mega renovation at the moment.

In BKK - they use TG's lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by dj_jay_smith View Post
                          there was also no meal service and only the minimum number of cabin crew.
                          I thought there was a snack service?

Just found out today, MH offering the same price (as LH) KUL-BKK VV in July.
                          Temping Tempting

Comment

I thought there was a snack service?

Just found out today, MH offering the same price (as LH) KUL-BKK VV in July.
                            Temping Tempting
                            In terms of service, I think LH would be a better choice, whereas MH has much better timings with five flights a day. And on MH you can't use the *G perks
                            Cabin Crew, takeoff stations...

Comment

I'd fly TG in Y KUL-BKK /BKK-KUL anytime

Comment

Working...
                              X