LH First Class Terminal Frankfurt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LH First Class Terminal Frankfurt

Apologies if this has been asked before....

Next weekend I make the trek back home to Barcelona (with SQ) and then onto Buenos Aires via Frankfurt (with LH) the next morning. All sectors in F, however I have a doubt over access to the First Class Terminal lounge...

For sure I have access on the outbound, but as always I have a mega short connection (55 mins approx) so no time, however on the return are F passengers entitled to access? The connection to Barcelona are also with LH in business (C) as no F available on the short hops in europe, does this make a difference?

Also last time I flew F via Frankfurt, no Limo transfer as part of the F wrap LH provide, rather the "executive van".... I guess this was because of my typical short transfer??

Any experiences?

You'll have access to the FCT if you're coming in on LH F and connecting to a destination only served by LH in C.

The limo is available, no idea about if 55 mins connection time disqualifies you from it, though... perhaps Kiwi can enlighten

Comment

Originally posted by AsiaCommuter View Post

For sure I have access on the outbound, but as always I have a mega short connection (55 mins approx) so no time, however on the return are F passengers entitled to access? The connection to Barcelona are also with LH in business (C) as no F available on the short hops in europe, does this make a difference?
      If you are on an F ticket inbound and continuing in J then you get access to the FCL at FRA. I don't know if you can still go over to FCT nowadays but there really is no need as the FCL in the terminal is just as good as the FCT imho.

Comment

Thanks for info, thats goods news it seemed unfair to ban F passengers connecting in C on their return

I will make use of the F terminal on the way back... I willl let you know about the Limo options with a short connection.

PS: Not so keen on the 744 2-2 config upstairs, not good for private sleeping (in my opinion). Lets hope they deliver on the new rumoured F product on the 1st german whalejet

Comment

PS: Not so keen on the 744 2-2 config upstairs, not good for private sleeping (in my opinion). Lets hope they deliver on the new rumoured F product on the 1st german whalejet
          If you get a seat empty or blocked next to you, I consider it more private than the Airbus F seats, which also have less pitch, which is disturbing to me, after flying mainly 744's...

However, you do have a point about the privacy issue, but overall, I think that 744 can be pretty private as well, even though they do not have a single seat configuration.

Comment

Information on first class terminal at Frankfurt sourced on Wikipedia

Location, Hours and Access
            The First class terminal is in its own building next to the airport terminal 1. Either a short walk away or you can take advantage of the complimentary shuttle-service. Ask for the shuttle service at any first-class check-in in terminal 1 hall A/B; shuttle-service parking/pickup point is now in front of hall B!
            Mon-Sun 05:30-last LH flight
            Access
            Pax departing in First Class on Lufthansa (MUST have received tickets from Lufthansa check-in, not United even ticket is Lufthansa paper)
            Lufthansa HON card, leaving with Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines or SWISS
            Pax arriving on Lufthansa First Class tickets, leaving with Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines or SWISS the same day
            One guest, who has to be on the same flight
            (There have been conflicting statements as to whether or not pax arriving Lufthansa 1st class but connecting to Lufthana, Austrian, or SWISS would have access; as of this posting (7 December, 2008), flyertalk prevailing wisdom and experience show that these pax do have access to the FCT. PLEASE UPDATE IF THIS POLICY CHANGES)

Comment

Wiki is certainly not up to date in this case.

No more shuttle service to the FCT.

Re- van vs car, it depends on the number of passengers. Apparently can no longer request separate car.

Comment

PS: Not so keen on the 744 2-2 config upstairs, not good for private sleeping (in my opinion).
                I agree, having 2+2 for an F cabin like that is awful, F on the Airbus is much better. You can't argue with the ground services/lounges for F pax, but F upstairs is just wrong.

Originally posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
                If you get a seat empty or blocked next to you, I consider it more private than the Airbus F seats, which also have less pitch, which is disturbing to me, after flying mainly 744's...
                Disturbing ?!. Give over. It's about 5" different. What are you, 7ft tall ?.

Originally posted by hsf View Post
                Wiki is certainly not up to date in this case.
                It rarely is.

Comment

On the return I'd likely visit the FCL rather than FCT, depending on arrival gate. The FCLs are just as good.

55 minutes is not much time by time allow for bus in from remote stand, immigration, walk to FCL or FCT and 1 or 2 lots of security along the way.

I did once go to FCT on a short 45 minute connection, when I realised it would actually take me longer just to walk to the next gate than it would to walk to FCT (factoring in quicker security and immigration checks at the FCT).

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback.

On the outbound like last time I will forget any idea to visit the FCT, there just isn't time. Maybe I will be lucky and get the limo transfer to the steps of the plane, or more my luck to have the executive bus (...those two words do not belong together) once again.

For my return I opted for the two hour Frankfurt > Barcelona connection so I will try out the FCL, for sure I agree the FCL's are very good, but I am under the illussion there was more space and facilities so I am curious.

Cheers

Comment

LH First (...is a long way from it)

Well Lufthansa first class service was non-existent on my Frankfurt to Buenos Aires return. Short connection at Frankfurt on outbound (not helped by the Barcelona flight being really delayed). Therefore no executive van, no limo, NOT even LH representative to assist an F passenger with Star Alliance Gold who has clearly got an impossible connection....

Great service model LH, I basically had to leg it to the other terminal the other side of runway through the tunnel underneath. I actually made the flight although boarding for the onward to Buenos Aires had closed.

As for inflight, the experience was no better than last time, 744 cabin is cramped with no personal space in a 2-2 config (I took 82A which is my normal choice). For me LH F is basically flat LH business with a bigger price nothing else to shout about.

Furthermore, unbelievable special crew who ensure they are not attentive in anyway towards their passengers, to the point I actually had to remind them three times for a glass of water, the passenger next to me actually went to the galley to get a drink which they equally did not like!

Food was generally sub standard, except cavier and some starters, main dish was bland and not particulary interesting. 2nd meal was worse, the fish was overcooked. Thankfully the return is an ovenight flight, so they only needed to serve me a drink before I slept (they managed this).

On arrival in Frankfurt I used the F terminal, as others comment it's jus like the F lounge, fair play the lounge was very good, i.e. comfort, spa facilities and the restauant & bar.

Overall very dissapointing, many complain about SQ going down the toilet, but the day after I was very happy to be in SQ F from Barcelona to Singapore. Help I need new Star Alliance options (good ones) to Buenos Aires...

Comment

Furthermore, unbelievable special crew who ensure they are not attentive in anyway towards their passengers, to the point I actually had to remind them three times for a glass of water, the passenger next to me actually went to the galley to get a drink which they equally did not like!

Food was generally sub standard, except cavier and some starters, main dish was bland and not particulary interesting. 2nd meal was worse, the fish was overcooked. Thankfully the return is an ovenight flight, so they only needed to serve me a drink before I slept (they managed this).

On arrival in Frankfurt I used the F terminal, as others comment it's jus like the F lounge, fair play the lounge was very good, i.e. comfort, spa facilities and the restauant & bar.
                        Exactly my opinion - just diametrically opposite to SQ, as in the air SQ is great, horrible on the ground...

Comment

If flying on SQ F can we access LH FCL or check in via LH fCT?

Comment

Originally posted by andySYD View Post
                            If flying on SQ F can we access LH FCL or check in via LH fCT?
                            Unfortunately no. Here's the information from LH's website:

Entry regulations and opening times
                            First Class Lounges in Frankfurt

First Class Lounge at Gate A26, Pier A, Terminal 1
                            The First Class Lounge at Gate A26 is available to Lufthansa First Class passengers and HON Circle Members, who are departing from Frankfurt, changing flights there or arriving. Each guest may invite family members (spouse/partner, children) and one companion into the lounge, provided that they are all booked on the same flight.

The First Class Lounge at Gate A26 is open daily from 05:30 hrs - 22:30 hrs.

First Class Lounge in Pier B, Terminal 1, between gates B22 and B24
                            The First Class Lounge in Pier B is available to Lufthansa First Class passengers and HON Circle Members, who are departing from Frankfurt, changing flights there or arriving. Each guest may invite family members (spouse/partner, children) and one companion into the lounge, provided that they are all booked on the same flight.

The First Class Lounge in Pier B is open daily from 05:30 hrs - 22:30 hrs.

First Class Lounge in the First Class Terminal, Frankfurt
                            Entry to the First Class Terminal at Frankfurt is reserved for Lufthansa First Class passengers and HON Circle Members, departing from Frankfurt that day on a flight operated by Air Dolomiti, Austrian Airlines Group, Lufthansa, Lufthansa Regional or SWISS. Each guest may invite family members (spouse/partner, children) and one companion into the lounge, provided that they are all booked on the same flight.

The First Class Terminal is open daily from 05:30 hrs - 22:45 hrs.
                            Source: http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...%20information

Comment

Many thanks for that

Comment

Working...
                              X