Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bmi redemption for Europe (Zone 2) to Tokyo Narita - Advice please

Hi guys,

Need some advice here, and hopefully I have posted this thread in the correct sub-forum.

I am planning to book a one way redemption in Business for 2 adults on PRG - NRT using Diamond Club miles. My desired travel date is December 25 +/- 1 day and this is not openable for booking via the ICC yet. However in the past few weeks I have started using the ANA tool and M&M (for Swiss) to check availability from November up to early December in order to get an idea of the number of award seats released on this route.

Ideally I would like to take ANA (PRG - FRA - NRT) but it seems that ANA ex-FRA only has 1 business seat available for each flight. My second choice is Swiss (PRG - ZRH - NRT), but based on what I saw on M&M, Swiss only open up awards booking up to 300 days - which means I need to wait until end Feb to make a redemption with them. I also noticed that there is never a seat available for Saturday departures for ZRH - NRT (my desired travel date - 25/12 is a Saturday!). Does anyone know anything about this?

Would be grateful if I can get some ideas from you guys who are more familiar with Diamond Club redemption. Is it too early to book the flight, or shall I wait a little longer and hope that ANA or Swiss will open up more seats? What are the other possibilities for Europe (Zone 2) - Tokyo redemption? I flew SK once, they are OK but I don't think I will be in hurry to fly with them anytime soon.

Many Thanks in advance

Other possibilities include Asiana, Thai, Turkish,Lufthansa, possibly even SQ.
    Maybe even Air China if nothing else!

Very hard to say whether additional seats will be released, and if so, could well be very close to departure. Certainly would not be counting on it.

I agree that Swiss availability do come out later than the rest, but dont think there is much you can do about it!

Comment

Funny you should mention that, I'm doing a LX ZRH-NRT segment, although mine's departing on a Sunday and in F. Sounds like you may not be in luck on your chosen date of travel. Nothing you can do but pray it opens up and keep checking everyday. I'd suggest not being too fussy if your dates are inflexible, and just flying with whichever carrier has availability, and search with '2 people' selected on ANA.

Comment

Thanks both for the responses. I am flexible with +/- 1 days, looking at things I am most likely to take Swiss on 26th, so Kyo I might be on the same flight as you - different cabin obviously :-)

I will keep checking NH's availability, but I am not putting too much hope that they will release two Business seats on Europe-NRT anytime soon.

Btw does anyone know the chances of LH plying the A380 on FRA-NRT?

Comment

NH will fly MUC-NRT from 1/Jul so you check that route as well

Comment

Try PRG=LHR-NRT as well. You may get NH's new C cabin

Comment

Working...
            X