TG F : What to expect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post

dukesy, as a matter of interest, how much was your TG F ticket to SYD ?.

Got a good deal via our corporate TA at about £4k gbp

At the time, SQ C was about £3750 !
    Have we flown/are we flying together ?

http://www.ba97.com/ba97/calendar/re...?handle=dukesy

Comment

Originally posted by dukesy View Post
      hmm...arrive BKK on TG 452 at 0620 (Ex SDY at 2215)

leave on TG916 at 1330

So yes, 7 hours !!!

would that be sufficient time to go see something of merit ?

And if so, what !!! ?? (Im a 40ish (Married ) man travelling alone)

I can see this developing into a whole other thread about "Things to do in Bangkok in 7 hours " !

This could get interesting !!!!!!
      Last time I was transiting in BKK I headed to the Dahra Spa for a Spa Package. It was 3hr 45min long and was the most relaxing 4 hours I have ever had in my life. I highly recommend you give it a visit! I guarantee you won't be disappointed.
      If you book online they give you 50% discount so the full spa package only works out at £50

I also received a Tea at the end of the treatment and it was the nicest drink I have ever had! I have tried many a time to find out the recipe but to no avail Looking forwards to my visit this Summer
      Summer holiday plans: Asia 09

Comment

It might come as a surprise then that for £15 (certainly not more than £20), I could also have quite the Spa package elsewhere...

Comment

Originally posted by hsf View Post
          Oh dear!

We take champagne very seriously on here.

Be interested to see what the do re the Dom on tonights flight back.

Got a good deal via our corporate TA at about £4k gbp

At the time, SQ C was about £3750 !
          They have currently got F to BKK for £ 2300 and a companion J fare for about £ 1400.

Comment

They have currently got F to BKK for £ 2300 and a companion J fare for about £ 1400.
            Sorry...didnt make it clear

the 4k was for lhr-syd return (Via BKK)

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
              It might come as a surprise then that for £15 (certainly not more than £20), I could also have quite the Spa package elsewhere...
              Doesn't come as a surprise at all considering I have been to Bangkok nearly 20 times and have and experienced many of these spa treatments. Although none of these come remotely close to the experience I got at the Dahra Spa

Comment

Originally posted by pogonation View Post
                Doesn't come as a surprise at all considering I have been to Bangkok nearly 20 times and have and experienced many of these spa treatments. Although none of these come remotely close to the experience I got at the Dahra Spa
                Was it a deeply relaxing massage followed by a very happy ending ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                  Was it a deeply relaxing massage followed by a very happy ending ?
                  If by happy ending you mean a cheery farewell and a lovely tea then yes very happy ending

Comment

Sorry...didnt make it clear

the 4k was for lhr-syd return (Via BKK)
                    I knew that, I was just pointing out the fares they are offering at the moment.

Just did BKK-LHR with them a couple of days ago. Same sort of stuff, save for running out of fried rice in the F lounge, which was funny in the country that is the first or second biggest producer of the stuff.

They have also introduced a new F amenity kit which replaces the previous gold zip bag. This one is a brown fold over effort with velco. Contents seem to be the same as before.

Comment

Kindly post a pic of the new bag..!

Is it better than the old?

Comment

Good rates for TG F ex SIN

TG has fixed its lack of competitive fares out of SIN.

TG SIN-BKK-Europe is 6.500 SGD to almost all destinations they serve in F as a combination ticket (SIN-BKK in J BKK-Europe in F). That is a fantastic deal and beats any SQ J offer for sure...

If you are a Gold member of BD that has more than 55.000 miles flown in the membership year, you get a whopping 625% for TG F!

Comment

Only on fares to Europe? Very tempting...

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                            TG has fixed its lack of competitive fares out of SIN.

TG SIN-BKK-Europe is 6.500 SGD to almost all destinations they serve in F as a combination ticket (SIN-BKK in J BKK-Europe in F). That is a fantastic deal and beats any SQ J offer for sure...

If you are a Gold member of BD that has more than 55.000 miles flown in the membership year, you get a whopping 625% for TG F!
                            I think they have been doing fares around the SGD 6.5-7K level for quite a while. You just had to go thru an agent/TG singapore office to get it.

But the fact that you can now book this on the website is great

MANflyer - what was the champagne being served on your BKK-LHR. Hopefully they served Dom all the way and not just as a 'welcome drink'???

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                              Kindly post a pic of the new bag..!

Is it better than the old?
                              I think the bag itself is, although the contents are pretty porr compared to others.

As for pictures, you've got no chance. I have got literally 1000's of pictures from my travels, and I just cannot be ar*ed going through the effort to put them up.

Originally posted by Jamiegutz View Post
                              MANflyer - what was the champagne being served on your BKK-LHR. Hopefully they served Dom all the way and not just as a 'welcome drink'???
                              They had loaded a total of three bottles of Dom to cover both our TG910 and the TG911 back. I only had a couple of glasses then I called it a night and as I was the only one drinking it they still had two bottles left for the return.

Comment

As for pictures, you've got no chance. I have got literally 1000's of pictures from my travels, and I just cannot be ar*ed going through the effort to put them up.

Comment

Working...
                                X