Need help with Miles&More upgrade awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with Miles&More upgrade awards

I am trying to upgrade my partner and myself FRA-JFK (part of a v nifty QF/LH RTW fare ), and have a few question marks as the T&Cs are less than clear. I'm planning to use SEN vouchers for myself, and an upgrade award for him.

First, I can't seem to open the upgrade award chart. Can someone try to open the pdf file and tell me how many miles are required to upgrade the segment from Business to First?

Second, the T&Cs seem to exclude certain booking classes from economy to business upgrades. But nothing was said about which classes are ineligible for upgrades from business to first on LH. Any recent experience with this? I believe we'd be booked into J or Z on the LH segments, and IIRC certain M+M enhancements may have rendered these classes ineligible for upgrading.

Finally, do tickets issued by travel agents qualify? These are LH consolidator fares that are sold through TAs, and will be issued on LH ticket stock. The T&Cs weren't very clear on this one

Many thanks!
    Last edited by KeithMEL; 15 January 2010, 10:56 AM.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

50K miles for FRA-JFK for C-F
    Can't help you on the rest. Sorry.

Comment

I don't know exactly what classes are upgradable but I have definitely upgraded z fares in the past (but it was a few years ago now). I have mainly upgraded from Y to C and even discounted Y can be upgraded so I would imagine that most J fares could be

I have upgraded tickets issued through travel agents before using miles.

Comment

C D J Z should be all eligible.
        I is for sure ineligible.
        don't know about R (industry)
        There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
        If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Thanks, everyone.
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Prefer not to start a new thread though its really a full redemption rather than UG.

LH says that children aged need only spend 75% for award seats. If it is one-way, is it still 75% of the 50%?

Comment

Working...
            X