One carry-on luggage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One carry-on luggage?

It's on AC's website that all flights from Canada to the States would be restricted to one carry-on baggage (personal item). I am hopping mad because my rucksack holds my camera stuff only. I have an additional computer bag. I can't see myself checking in any of the two bags!

BUT UA does not seem to have issued similar rules. I have SEA-ORD and ORD-LHR segments coming up. I've checked UA's website. What do I do? Presumably the one baggage rule would not apply to domestic flights and outbound flights from the States anyway? AND for the moment, the one baggage rule does not apply to UA yet?

Looks like you will have to find a carry on that can carry both. The computer and your camera. All the nic nacks for your camera will have to be checked in.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
      Looks like you will have to find a carry on that can carry both. The computer and your camera. All the nic nacks for your camera will have to be checked in.
      Nic nacks are always checked in. I carry a body and three lenses in one rucksack which fits under the seat. No room for a laptop.

I'd worry about it tonight. It's such fine weather today and I'm going out to play now.

Comment

I've just managed to throw in my laptop into the rucksack. All is well! But there's no way the bag can go under the seat now.

Comment

I recently heard that an old man who was trying to on board Qatar flight which departed at Doha, with a magnifier in his carry on, but got forfeited by airport security, the ground staff claimed that the magnifier can concentrate the sunlight in order to burn the in-flight magazine...so the next item to ban is all the DSLR camera lens...!

When I travel, no matter what airlines, in J or in Y, I always have 2 bags, 1 camera bag with 3 lens & flash, another laptop bag with all the misc stuff like adapters, chargers, etc...so I can't think of how to merge 2 bags into 1 larger cabin bag...!

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showpos...15&postcount=8
          Last edited by SQTalker; 28 December 2009, 10:22 PM.

Comment

I fly with a camera bag which takes my D80 body, two lenses (one attached to the cam body) and flash and can also hold a laptop along with those equipment. I suppose you could get one of those.

Comment

Working...
            X