Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asiana to start Busan - Singapore

From http://airlineroute.net:

ASIANA from 10JAN10 to 03FEB10 launches 2 weekly Busan – Singapore service. Overall service to Singapore increases to 13 weekly as a result. Also during this period, Seoul Incheon – Busan service increases from 14 to 16 weekly.

Schedule as follows:

OZ755 PUS1900 – 0010+1SIN 333 37
    OZ756 SIN0130 – 0830PUS 333 14

OZ8571 ICN1630 – 1730PUS 333 37
    OZ8572 PUS0950 – 1050ICN 333 14
    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

At last!, a flight from SIN to PUS.

I don't understand the comment 'Overall service to Singapore increases to 13 weekly', as there currently is no service to Singapore from Busan. Unless they mean overall flights on OZ from Korea to Singapore.

Only twice a week, but it's a start. Maybe someone at OZ has finally discovered not everyone likes swapping airports in Seoul or spending hours at ICN. A333 as well, excellent!

Comment

WooHoo!!

Do they read SQ-Talk i wonder, give the other thread going on for a while?

Does "1" mean Monday? Meaning check in at SIN airport at midnight on Sunday, fly 1am Monday morning and arrive bloodshot Monday morning ready for a day's work? If so, the return flight later on either Wednesday or Sunday is not so useful for business trips where three days might not be long enough but staying a weekend away from family etc. is not an option.

So then the return might have to be through Incheon or the Friday morning flight through Bangkok on TG.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post

Does "1" mean Monday? Meaning check in at SIN airport at midnight on Sunday, fly 1am Monday morning and arrive bloodshot Monday morning ready for a day's work? If so, the return flight later on either Wednesday or Sunday is not so useful for business trips where three days might not be long enough but staying a weekend away from family etc. is not an option.

So then the return might have to be through Incheon or the Friday morning flight through Bangkok on TG.
        Yes it is 0130am departure on Monday, so checkin Sunday night.

I agree it would be tight depending how long you need to be there but I could probably compress enough in to get back on the 1900 departure on a Wednesday. It's a start!

Of course, I don't need to go for the forseeable anyway now having just been in October.

Comment

This is good news.

Of course it's not on SQ, but still, OZ is a nice airline and *A member as well.

Comment

The flight only lasts a month.

Comment

Originally posted by zilchster View Post
              The flight only lasts a month.
              So it seems looking at the *A website. What is the point of running it for a month ?

Comment

All the more reason to try the TG FUK shuffle then!

Comment

But SQ already flies ex-FUK, right? (so why take TG?)

[By the way, are you still in Japan, QSG?]

Comment

Originally posted by N_Architect View Post
                    But SQ already flies ex-FUK, right? (so why take TG?)

[By the way, are you still in Japan, QSG?]
                    Just sometimes when I am not traveling, am no longer a P.O.J.
                    The connection might be too tight for the SQ flight, also TG is using their new A330 (subject to schedule whim), and increased their frequency again.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                      I don't understand the comment 'Overall service to Singapore increases to 13 weekly', as there currently is no service to Singapore from Busan. Unless they mean overall flights on OZ from Korea to Singapore.
                      Overall includes OZ's ICN - SIN.
                      Airline Route | twitter

Comment

One thing I don't understand comes from me trying to book these flights yesterday.

Y ~ S$1,025
                        J ~ S$4,500

Given it is a night flight from SIN I would have preffered travelling in J but certainly not at that price when even SQ is "only" S$3,616. One agent i called even said J was not available for booking on these flights and you cannot get it via the OZ-SG website.

It really looks like these guys are just playing. Is there anything on this month that merits it? Hotel prices in Busan are normal so there can't be any extra traffic from Singapore to there and i can't think what's on in SIN this month that would merit so many from Busan coming.

In the end i gave up and booked the "normal" way through Incheon with OZ's night flight at S$2,515 plis S$215 for the PUS extension.

Comment

Higher fare for the convenience of flying directly to Busan.

Comment

I land in Pusan at 9:20am instead of 8:20am...... I don't see the benefit of the extra S$2000.

Comment

Hi,

Is the Busan - Singapore flight launched? I try doing a booking but not able to. It is still showing Seoul.

Comment

Working...
                              X