Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TG: 2 New Airbus (345 and 346) anointed on 11/24!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG: 2 New Airbus (345 and 346) anointed on 11/24!

http://www.prthaiairways.com/thaiair...?lg=en&dng=812

Flew the A346 ZRH-BKK and believe me, 34" of pitch is something you really really appreciate long haul

Comment

Does anyone know which new routes these planes will be used?

Comment

It doesn't make any sense. Those 2 A340s have been in service since 2005!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
          It doesn't make any sense. Those 2 A340s have been in service since 2005!
          Wow, that is pretty late to "bless" 2 aircraft......then again Thai sent out the press release so........

Comment

Puzzles me, as these aircraft are hardly new. Maybe the PR department needed to put in some overtime hours before the end of the year and rehashed some old messages..

Comment

Quote (for the A346):

- Royal First Class seat : width of 22 inches, 76-inch seat pitch and seat recline of 180 degrees, 10.4-inch personal screen with headphones.

- Royal Silk Class seat : width of 20 inches, 60-inch seat pitch and seat recline of 180 degrees, 10.4-inch personal screen with headphones.

- Economy Class seat : width of 17.5 inches, with 34-inch seat pitch and seat recline of 180 degrees, 9-inch personal screen with headphones.

End Quote.

180 degrees recline in ALL classes ?!?!?!?!!?

Did the A346 from BKK-OSL in J and that was not even a lie-flat!!!
              God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

LOL, 180 degrees in Y, that'd be a fairly lengthy/tubular plane..!

The 346 has proven remarkably elusive but fingers crossed all goes well for an upcoming BKK-MUC...

Comment

Originally posted by Lie_flat_seatlover View Post
                  Does anyone know which new routes these planes will be used?
                  A345 going to LAX in addition to ATH. Why on such a short route is anyone's guess. So according to http://www.airfleets.net/flottecie/Thai%20Airways.htm

TG has 4 A345s and 6 A346s, not counthing the recent additions.

But according to airliners.net, it may seem that someone has published an old news article... and that the truth is that TG did not receive these planes recently.

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo....main/4620349/
                  Last edited by Guy Betsy; 26 November 2009, 10:35 PM.

Comment

These particular a/cs have occasionally flown to SIN and still do on the odd occasions, especially on the 1130+ late morning flights for quite some time. So I don't see how they could be labelled as "new".

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                      LOL, 180 degrees in Y, that'd be a fairly lengthy/tubular plane..!
                      And will they be playing a muzak version of Tubular Bells is what I want to know!
                      Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Originally posted by boing View Post
                        These particular a/cs have occasionally flown to SIN and still do on the odd occasions, especially on the 1130+ late morning flights for quite some time
                        Well, a blessing is like a baptism isn't it? So, maybe they had to wait for an auspicious date to conduct the ceremony.

I have a feeling I'll be flying one or two of these birds in the new year
                        Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Working...
                        X