ANA offers luxury helicopter service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANA offers luxury helicopter service

All Nippon Airways has partnered Mori Building City Air Services to provide complimentary helicopter rides from Tokyo Narita airport to central Tokyo.

"From 16 September ANA first-class passengers arriving back in Tokyo will be offered a complimentary luxury helicopter ride from Narita airport to the heart of Tokyo in just 30min," says ANA.

Using a VIP-configured Eurocopter EC135 Hermes, "passengers will be whisked by car from Narita airport on a 15min drive to nearby Narita Sakura heliport, from where it is a mere 15min flight to Ark Hills heliport in centrally located Akasaka", says the company.

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles...r-service.html

Keeping in mind that as of now, the speculation is that it will only be for full F fare passengers.
    HUGE AL

Comment

Just when you think to yourself, they can't get any better... they go and do this.

So, HUGE AL, a review soon? So tempted to somehow get myself to LA to try LAX-NRT on this now...

Comment

A few friends and I were considering just paying for it as it saves TONS of time. But it drops off in Roppongi -- much too far from the PHT!

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
        Just when you think to yourself, they can't get any better... they go and do this.
        Don't know exactly how "great" this really is. It's nice that they throw it in on a (presumably) USD$12,000+ ticket, but it is quite pricy to purchase it separately.

Conversely, US Helicopter (operating from JFK to Manhattan) appears to have a bigger bird, is much less expensive, AND you get FF miles on DL or CO.
        Last edited by HUGE AL; 29 August 2009, 10:21 AM.
        HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
          A few friends and I were considering just paying for it as it saves TONS of time. But it drops off in Roppongi -- much too far from the PHT!
          Life is so hard sometimes!

But the big question is...

... is it overrated?

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
            Life is so hard sometimes!
            So is 4pm weekday Tokyo traffic! Cuts down on my party time!
            HUGE AL

Comment

Thanks for the US Helicopter suggestion - I'll look into that if NY ends up on my itinerary in the near future...

Anything similar at LAX?

Comment

Anything similar at LAX?
                None that I know of or have heard. Not exactly necessary as LAX is pretty close to everything...unless you're headed out to East LA.
                HUGE AL

Comment

Thanks for the US Helicopter suggestion - I'll look into that if NY ends up on my itinerary in the near future...
                  Just beware the baggage limits for USH transfers - they are ruthlessly enforced. ONE piece of checked luggage @ 50lb/22.6k at 62 inches combined measurements, and ONE piece of luggage in the cabin, plus a 'personal item'.
                  In my experience they will certainly charge you for the second checked item - US$80, or they might refuse to take it at all if the flight is full.

If you wish to bring your golf-clubs, they apparently ask you to purchase a second seat...

Comment

Thanks for that... I also looked closely at their T&Cs, which are not unreasonable (in my opinion) - helicopters do need to weigh their pax very carefully.

In fact, my next TR, after the VIE one, should incorporate a little bit of chopper action, all going well...

Comment

Other hotels no doubt offer this service as well but from a newsletter I was sent by the Imperial hotel in TYO:

Imperial guests may choose either a standard helicopter or a sleeker craft appointed by Hermes.

The helicopters land and take off from nearby Ark Hills, the only facility permitted for such private purposes in the capital. The Imperial fares include a hotel car to or from the heliport landing pad and The Imperial. The aircraft is JPY 45,000 per person one way, tax inclusive. The route crosses over central Tokyo and heads north to Narita over Chiba Prefecture and this glamorous segment of the trip is in most conditions a 15 minute ride. Boarding and alighting for Narita is at Sakura, 15 minutes in normal traffic conditions from the airport terminals and ground transfers are included to and from Narita and Sakura in the rates.

Comment

What a time saving and only double what a taxi costs... I'd have sprung for this if I'd known about it three years ago and knew I'd miss my flight otherwise. 15 mins vs 2 hours, very good indeed!

Comment

Working...
                        X