TG: Consistently Inconsistent!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    After the grand total of 6 flights, your have never, ever been TG'd ?.

Wow, things are loking up.
    I should count myself lucky or unluck? as I never TGed on any of my TG fligths. I got the aircraft as promised (at least the model )
    visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
      I think I shall have to modify my opinion here. Following my last 4 sectors (2 regional + 2 longhaul, all in J), I think that there is nothing inconsistent about TG - it is perfectly consistently 3rd rate...

My 2 SIN-BKK vv. (TG409 and 402) sectors were BOTH TG'ed to 747-400, with the seating first-tier carriers flew in the 1980s... We got seats in the F nose section on one leg, but not on the other.

There's nothing overtly wrong with TG. It's just pervasively "locally-run" in mindset, where they think that they are providing good service but are soooo far behind the game by global standards.
      Spot on analysis.

I haven't been TGéd lately, and in fact, got a couple of TG420's that are showing the dreaded AB6 at the moment. I'd be happy to be TGéd

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
        Spot on analysis.

I haven't been TGéd lately, and in fact, got a couple of TG420's that are showing the dreaded AB6 at the moment. I'd be happy to be TGéd
        At least you ride it while you still can

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
          Having had the misfortune of experiencing TG's AB6s, I'd be very happy to not have to ride it at all! Thank goodness they were very short hauls! (SIN-BKK and HKT-BKK)
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
            Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
            Having had the misfortune of experiencing TG's AB6s, I'd be very happy to not have to ride it at all! Thank goodness they were very short hauls! (SIN-BKK and HKT-BKK)
            As per Keith's post - been there, done that, got the t-shirt

Quite happy not to ride it again at all - but knowing TG, they'll be around till 2050, trundling along those regional routes and annoying the world at large

Comment

I don't think I got an AB6 once in 2010!. They don't have them on the SGN run anymore.

Comment

Knowing TG, they may just be the "Last to fly - A300"

Comment

Since some A300's were delivered NEW to thai in 1998, they have at least a decade of good service life left in them. The 1980s models are about due to go though
                  My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                    As per Keith's post - been there, done that, got the t-shirt

Quite happy not to ride it again at all - but knowing TG, they'll be around till 2050, trundling along those regional routes and annoying the world at large
                    Oh no... please do not let my 402 and 409 be an AB6

Comment

• Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                      Since some A300's were delivered NEW to thai in 1998, they have at least a decade of good service life left in them.
                      If only SQ would think that way about their newer megatops

Comment

• After almost a year of not flying TG, I'm going to be TG-ed!

I'm flying to MNL this month and the day flight is now mostly AB6!!!

For the past few years, MNL-BKK (and its recently-terminated tag-on to KIX) were all flown by 772s and the occasional 77E. The evening flight had mostly been AB6 with some older 333s here and there.

I got a surprise last year when for a month, TG used the A345 daily on the MNL day runs. Then it became the A330 (probably the older config/ batch). This year, for the whole month of March at least, the day flight is a combo of AB6/333!

I never imagined I would be able to ride another A300 in my life.

I know for a fact that flights to MNL are operated by aircraft that had just done domestic runs, hence they almost always board by stairs at the remote gates.

Comment

• Originally posted by fuu99 View Post
                          After almost a year of not flying TG, I'm going to be TG-ed!

I'm flying to MNL this month and the day flight is now mostly AB6!!!

For the past few years, MNL-BKK (and its recently-terminated tag-on to KIX) were all flown by 772s and the occasional 77E. The evening flight had mostly been AB6 with some older 333s here and there.

I got a surprise last year when for a month, TG used the A345 daily on the MNL day runs. Then it became the A330 (probably the older config/ batch). This year, for the whole month of March at least, the day flight is a combo of AB6/333!

I never imagined I would be able to ride another A300 in my life.

I know for a fact that flights to MNL are operated by aircraft that had just done domestic runs, hence they almost always board by stairs at the remote gates.
                          Fly the AB6 while you have the chance to, They, and the older 744a are going to be phased out soon

Comment

• Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
                            Fly the AB6 while you have the chance to, They, and the older 744a are going to be phased out soon
                            I know. I'm a plane geek, too!

But there's something about flying TG's AB6s that's rattling...one of the ceiling panels or bins almost always pops down during hard landings!...well at least on most times I flew on them! LOL.

Comment

• Well those buggers over at Thai Airways TG'ed me last night on TG121 from Chiang Mai to Bangkok, I was swapped from a scheduled 772 to HS-TKG. Was surprised to see her there, very nice.
                              Last edited by sqdazz; 18 March 2011, 11:01 AM.
                              My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

• Good evening Ladies and Gents,

What's the chances of being TG'ed on TG410 this Saturday night?

TG website indicates 747 and I've placed myself on the upper deck, however most other GDS website indicate she'll be a 772.

I'm not awfully concerned if I do get TG'ed as the primary concern is getting to BKK after a long day of flying and I'm just a tad curious

Comment

Working...
                                X