TG: Consistently Inconsistent!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
    Anyone has any experiences on TG J for 402 on the outbound and 409 inbound? Will be on these in about 6 weeks... and having doing all my flying with SQ almost all my life, I wonder what the experience is gonna be like
    You don't say which cabin you are in but it's only a 1h 55m flight so it's nothing to get too excited about either way

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
    TG402 will be using A330-300 (which arrive the night before as TG409). I was on TG409 in late September and it was the very old plane (still in old TG logo). Feel like flying in 1990s.

If you are luckier you may get newer A330-300 which I did in July but still the cabin config is quite old.
    Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
    Guess you will gonna have the old A330 and B744 for your flights. Hardware wise, TG can't compare with SQ with no PTVs in economy. But you are almost guaranteed better food and drinks compared to SQ.
    I am afraid BKK-SIN and vv is the route where you are most likely to get TG'd, as they literally fly evertything on the route. I do the route a lot on TG and this year I have been on 744 'old', 744 'new', A346, A330 and 772. I would say nearly half my flights have been on a different aircraft to what it was when booked. ANd to be fair if it is the a/c with the later type J class seats then it is better hardware than SQ have on the route. Whether you get films or not is another matter.

The only bird I have not been on for a while on the route is the AB6. Come to think of it I haven't been on one to Vietnam for a while either so I don't know if they have had them put down of they are just doing domestic runs.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      You don't say which cabin you are in but it's only a 1h 55m flight so it's nothing to get too excited about either way

I am afraid BKK-SIN and vv is the route where you are most likely to get TG'd, as they literally fly evertything on the route. I do the route a lot on TG and this year I have been on 744 'old', 744 'new', A346, A330 and 772. I would say nearly half my flights have been on a different aircraft to what it was when booked. ANd to be fair if it is the a/c with the later type J class seats then it is better hardware than SQ have on the route. Whether you get films or not is another matter.

The only bird I have not been on for a while on the route is the AB6. Come to think of it I haven't been on one to Vietnam for a while either so I don't know if they have had them put down of they are just doing domestic runs.
      I would be in business, having taken advantage of the near SQ Y fares that TG is charging as promotional fare. Booking says A330-300 on the outbound and B747-400 All Series Passenger on the inbound. Just wanted to get a feel of the type of hardware I'd be getting.

Comment

The last time I check TG winter time table, all flight, with the exception of TG402 (first flight out of SIN) and TG401 (last flight out of BKK which will become TG402 on the next day), have the "equipment varies" . Like MAN Flyer said it can be anything.

A quick check today, it only shows TG401 listed as A330-300 (last check shows TG402 also on A330-300, which is make sense.

So I guess having this information now, may be like MAN Flyer said, it can be anything.

B777-200/300, B747-400 or any B747, A340-600 and even A340-500 is listed as their equipment on some day.

I will do this route next week, both flight will be on B747. Still trying to get on TG413 on Sunday which is listed as A340-600, which pretty sure have PTV
        visit my blog

Comment

The A346 has PTVs in Y however on most of the times I fly TG SIN-BKK-SIN where the A/C type shows the A346, I have been TG'ed to the old A333.
          God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

They are still using the AB6's on the BKK-RGN route. Although they have recently changed one of the two flights a day to an A330

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
              They are still using the AB6's on the BKK-RGN route. Although they have recently changed one of the two flights a day to an A330
              Besides the domestic sectors, they do use the AB6 on the BKK-KUL runs.
              God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

and apparently Colombo does see some A300's and I think some of the smaller Indian destinations but im not sure without going and checking
                My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                  The A346 has PTVs in Y however on most of the times I fly TG SIN-BKK-SIN where the A/C type shows the A346, I have been TG'ed to the old A333.
                  I was lucky on their A346 last year July on SIN-BKK route. The selection is quite poor in my opinion
                  visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                    I was lucky on their A346 last year July on SIN-BKK route. The selection is quite poor in my opinion
                    You referring to the IFE selection being poor? Well I would agree it's not the best but compare that to what LH offers on their "new" AVOD IFE, I would be really thankful...

Comment

Just like to say after 6 sectors with TG I have never been TGed ever and no bus gates either.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Aviation View Post
                        Just like to say after 6 sectors with TG I have never been TGed ever and no bus gates either.
                        After the grand total of 6 flights, your have never, ever been TG'd ?.

Wow, things are loking up.

Comment

Does 2 out of 5 KUL-BKK flights where I got TGed count as normal?

Once they swapped a 346 with a 773, another time they ran out of juices!

Comment

It's only a tg if its an equip downgrade in my opinion.773 and 346 are basically same j and y seat.
                            My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

I think I shall have to modify my opinion here. Following my last 4 sectors (2 regional + 2 longhaul, all in J), I think that there is nothing inconsistent about TG - it is perfectly consistently 3rd rate...

My 2 SIN-BKK vv. (TG409 and 402) sectors were BOTH TG'ed to 747-400, with the seating first-tier carriers flew in the 1980s... We got seats in the F nose section on one leg, but not on the other.

There's nothing overtly wrong with TG. It's just pervasively "locally-run" in mindset, where they think that they are providing good service but are soooo far behind the game by global standards.

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                                and apparently Colombo does see some A300's and I think some of the smaller Indian destinations but im not sure without going and checking
                                I check BKK - Chennai route last night, it is on A300-600
                                visit my blog

Comment

Working...
                                X