TG: Consistently Inconsistent!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GLAM82 View Post
    Have done a search on the AKL-BKK route on TG and it shows 777-200/300. As I am planning this flight for October this year, what are my chances that I will be getting lie flat seats? Do they operate planes on this route with the older style Business seats?
    All Boeing 777's of all sorts will be angled lie flats. You will be flying on a Boeing 777-200ER
    My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
      All Boeing 777's of all sorts will be angled lie flats. You will be flying on a Boeing 777-200ER
      Thanks for the information. That's good to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
        I'm happy to report there were more than 2 bottles of DP. Hopefully same applies on my return.
        I only managed a couple of bottles on the return so unsure if that was all that was loaded, or, if like the outbound, there were more than 2 bottles loaded.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
          The extra bottles of Dom was loaded into the other 747 which got sent elsewhere after your complaint.

Note to self - drink Dom early when on TG.
          Only 2 DP loaded MAD - BKK on 22 April, also equipment swap to 7442, with 13 people drinking Dom the Bolly came out very swiftly!
          This was my first long haul eqipment swap with TG abut was just grateful to be leaving europe after being stranded. Have previously found first seats on 7442 comfortable for BKK - HKG, but a different story Europe - BKK. Catering out of MAD was also worst I have had.

Having said that TG reedemed themselves on 471 back down to SYD, 4 people in cabin on 346, only me drinking Dom but it didnt run out, catering and service all top notch.

Comment

Is there any way of knowing prior to check in if TG have done an equipment swap? E.g. would it show on Expertflyer a few hours before hand?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamiegutz View Post
              Is there any way of knowing prior to check in if TG have done an equipment swap? E.g. would it show on Expertflyer a few hours before hand?
              I use EF to check the seat layout of the inbound bird for flights from LHR/FRA/MUC. Having said that, even this cannot keep up with TG as I recently clocked the inbound BKK-MUC had been switched to old config, fired off an email complaining, got a reply from MUC confirming the swap and apologising only to then get another one later advising me it had been switched back again.

I am afraid the only way to really know for sure with TG is have a look when you board.

Comment

have only flown TG short haul recently and it has been pleasant - with prices of TG discounted business approaching SQ's economy fares to HKG, I am even wondering whether to abandon the direct flight...........any comments or advice about taking TG from SIN to HKG? Or SIN -Incheon?

Comment

Just realised I've got a BKK-HKT segment on an A340-600, hopefully on HS-TNB or similar early-August. Here's hoping it doesn't get TG-ed at the last moment!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                    Just realised I've got a BKK-HKT segment on an A340-600, hopefully on HS-TNB or similar early-August. Here's hoping it doesn't get TG-ed at the last moment!
                    im doing bkk/hkt/bkk on sun morn on an A300 and im looking forward to it! I like A300's! (for those short flights)

Comment

im doing bkk/hkt/bkk on sun morn on an A300 and im looking forward to it! I like A300's! (for those short flights)
                      you must one of the tiny tiny minority that does.

Comment

I was looking forward to trying the A346 on the DBX - BKK route on July 8th. Of course was confronted with an equipment swap to an ancient 744. It even had the old Thai livery on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chesty View Post
                          I was looking forward to trying the A346 on the DBX - BKK route on July 8th. Of course was confronted with an equipment swap to an ancient 744. It even had the old Thai livery on it.
                          Lots of TG aircraft have the old Thai livery, and some of them have even been refurbished with new seats and STILL have the old livery, HS-TKA for example.

Comment

Hi All,

Can I just say this - Thai Airways economy class on flights to Australia really is a great product. I just did MEL-BKK-MEL on B777-300 in Y, and I really enjoyed it.

Things I Like!

- 2 full hot meals (some others offer 1 hot meal and a tiny snack)
                            - full bar service before the meal and then after the meal is served
                            - continual top ups of wine and several offers of tea and coffee after the meal
                            - once everyone is served they will bring the bread basket for another round
                            - inflight entertainment system is not the best but its quite adequate
                            - crew were cheerful
                            - wake up for breakfast is about 1 hour 30 to 1 hour 40 before landing (SQ like 2 hrs +)

I am finding them to be at least as good as SQ in economy if not better when you compare the Australian flights.

THANKS TG!

Comment

Hi All,

Can I just say this - Thai Airways economy class on flights to Australia really is a great product. I just did MEL-BKK-MEL on B777-300 in Y, and I really enjoyed it.

Things I Like!

- 2 full hot meals (some others offer 1 hot meal and a tiny snack)
                              - full bar service before the meal and then after the meal is served
                              - continual top ups of wine and several offers of tea and coffee after the meal
                              - once everyone is served they will bring the bread basket for another round
                              - inflight entertainment system is not the best but its quite adequate
                              - crew were cheerful
                              - wake up for breakfast is about 1 hour 30 to 1 hour 40 before landing (SQ like 2 hrs +)

I am finding them to be at least as good as SQ in economy if not better when you compare the Australian flights.

THANKS TG!
                              Sounds good for Y. My experience with their C product has not been any where near as favourable, in fact will avoid them like the plague in future.

Comment

Has anyone done their BKK - LAX route on the A340-500? Good fare about recently which I am considering.

Comment

Working...
                                X