SIN-FRA / FRA-EDI, Separate Tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIN-FRA / FRA-EDI, Separate Tickets

I know it's been asked and answered before, along the lines of what i need but i can't find it so i hope you guys can help answer anyway.......

My plan currently is to take Turkish from SIN-FRA in J then catch a LH flight to EDI in economy, scheduled to depart just 1.5hrs later, and hence the separate ticket. I suppose basically there are two questions...... one, is 1.5hrs enough and two, if i check in at Changi will the nice TK people check my bags right through to EDI even on a separate ticket?

The correct answer to question two, might automatically answer question one as the major question mark might be the need to pick up luggage and re-check-in upstairs.

If i can get my bags checked through, then from my limited knowledge of FRA, 1.5hrs should just be enough, given that it should be a Sunday mid-morning?

Thanks guys.

Even if you manage to through check bags you still need to check in for LH FRA-EDI at FRA.

If you are on separate tickets and IST-FRA is running late (or if you misconnect at IST) then you could be on your own.

Comment

Turkish can check your luggage through and you can check-in with LH online and print your boarding pass. In FRA you just should go to the transfer desk and have your luggage tag number added to make sure your luggage is loaded.

Comment

Yeah i had the thought of checking in for LH online but wasn't sure how that would impact the luggage even if i could check them through.

Anyway i called the Turkish local office and they said; "Pleased be advised that neither the online website nor our sales offices facilitate the booking of other carriers apart from Turkish Airlines."

Kiwi, yes the 1.5hrs is the bit that makes me nervous and the whole schedule issue from TK but given the flight from Istanbul is very early in the morning i think an ontime departure is more likely. There is one more flight after the one i would connect to but its 4.5hrs afterwards and makes for a very long schedule from Singapore.

My only hope for getting the schedule is from an agent or risking it myself. Not sure an agent would pass on the 10% discounts offered by TK.

thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
        X