Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to check your BD membership year

Hello,
    I have some doubt about the exact end of my membership year with Diamond Club.
    Unfortunately, I can't find this information in the member's area on bmi's website.
    Any hint?
    Thanks
    Luke
    There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
    If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

It used to tell you on the screen when you'd logged on, but that stopped after the recent upgrade...

I would email them and ask, hopefully they can tell you. I believe it's been chaotic after the upgrade, which will come as no surprise to experienced DC watchers.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      I would email them and ask, hopefully they can tell you. I believe it's been chaotic after the upgrade, which will come as no surprise to experienced DC watchers.
      The phrase couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery comes to mind!

Comment

Your BD card; if you received it; would tell you when it expires

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
          Actually, it won't. For example, my membership year expires 17 April (I remember it from before the upgrade) but my Gold card expires 06/09.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
            Actually, it won't. For example, my membership year expires 17 April (I remember it from before the upgrade) but my Gold card expires 06/09.
            Interesting.... my membership year and card have the same month

Comment

Please don't look at the card too much frequently! We know your powers!
              There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
              If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
                Interesting.... my membership year and card have the same month
                The power has apparently already been unleashed.
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
                  HUGE AL

Comment

Perhaps our membership "year" will simply end when we get our new M&M cards in the mail...??

Comment

Very strange indeed. I thought my membership used to expire sometime in April but the card always expires in June.

Now that we can't check our membership expiry online, I called BD up to confirm my membership expiry. Just been told it's 30 June 2010!

I hope the info is correct because that would mean I still have the May bank hols to do the trips to hit 38,000.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                        Very strange indeed. I thought my membership used to expire sometime in April but the card always expires in June.

Now that we can't check our membership expiry online, I called BD up to confirm my membership expiry. Just been told it's 30 June 2010!

I hope the info is correct because that would mean I still have the May bank hols to do the trips to hit 38,000.
                        The card always has a couple months extra after your official year ends to allow you to be able to get lounge access etc while they have time to process your re-qualification and get your new pack/card to you. If you don't requalify you just get a couple of bonus months.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                          The card always has a couple months extra after your official year ends to allow you to be able to get lounge access etc while they have time to process your re-qualification and get your new pack/card to you. If you don't requalify you just get a couple of bonus months.
                          Actually, that's changed now as well. For a couple of weeks after the system upgrade, they showed the new membership year on the website before it went away again. Confirmed this over the phone as well:

Before upgrade: my membership year was 18 April 2008 - 17 April 2009, card valid till 06/09
                          After upgrade: my membership year is now 1 July 2009 - 30 June 2010, card valid till 06/10 (no more bonus months)

I had one flight credited between 17 April and 1 July and the status miles for that were manually credited into my new membership year in July without my asking.

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post

You should have until 30 June to qualify so you're ok.

Comment

Actually, that's changed now as well. For a couple of weeks after the system upgrade, they showed the new membership year on the website before it went away again. Confirmed this over the phone as well:

Before upgrade: my membership year was 18 April 2008 - 17 April 2009, card valid till 06/09
                            After upgrade: my membership year is now 1 July 2009 - 30 June 2010, card valid till 06/10 (no more bonus months)

I had one flight credited between 17 April and 1 July and the status miles for that were manually credited into my new membership year in July without my asking.

You should have until 30 June to qualify so you're ok.
                            And in classic BD style, they have sent me the new black design DC Gold card today which is valid till 08/10 which seems to indicate the two bonus months of status at the end of your membership year are back.

Comment

Could you post pics of the new kit, Savage25? Keenly looking forward to mine..!

Comment

Working...
                              X