Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miles & more requalification.

Hello,
    I decided to post here my message, since it involves Miles& more program.
    I'm currently SEN expiring in Feb 2011.
    Consequently I can requalify either in 2009 or in 2010 to extend my status for 2 add'l years.
    My original intention (because of the fact my new job position in Rome cut my few business flights for 2008/2009) was to requalify in 2010, hoping to be able to get a couple of business flights.

Anyway, I know SQ is offering great deals ex UK and ex-Germany, and in example a C class return to AKL earns more than 40K miles.
    Moreover, with the global slowdown, many opportunities aroused and are currently coming up even though M&M it's not really generous with deeply discounted Y classes on all star carriers.

I currently hold 156 status miles with miles& more this year (ehehe, Yes I put all the miles I accrued this year on BD), so basically thiw means I would have 6 month to get 100K miles.
    Differently, next year I cold enjoy a 12months time frame, but on the other side it's hard to say how the market will be and which kind of offers and fare will be available.

What would you do? Would you try to requalify this year or in 2010?

thanks in advance.
    luke

p.s.
    with tix already booked i've already solved my BA requalification for the 2009/2010 [Jul-Jul], so I'm not in the need of buying add'l OW tickets in the next 12 months.
    There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
    If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Hmm, you have so many possibilities. I'd actually feel it's more beneficial to send those miles to M&M if you can get over the 100k in 6 months. Can you?

Comment

Similar situation, I haven't put any miles to m&m requalification this year and have requalified BD Gold instead. If BD gets absorbed into m&m next year, there's the SEN requalification anyway.

Personally, I feel that while air travel will pick up around the Christmas period, we will once again see a fall in travel Feb 2010 onwards, especially in Premium cabins again as businesses continue to keep costs down. I think there will be plenty of cheap fares like now to requalify in the middle of next year.

Comment

If you think BD Diamond Club will merge with M&M within the next 18 months then no point in requalifying for LH SEN.

Comment

Thank you Luke, for starting the thread. I am in similar position. This this thread will help me as well. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
            Thank you Luke, for starting the thread. I am in similar position. This this thread will help me as well. Cheers!
            So you still exist!!!! I'm happy if I started an interesting thread.=)

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
              Similar situation, I haven't put any miles to m&m requalification this year and have requalified BD Gold instead. If BD gets absorbed into m&m next year, there's the SEN requalification anyway.
              Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
              If you think BD Diamond Club will merge with M&M within the next 18 months then no point in requalifying for LH SEN.
              To be frank, I'm not sure this will happen. I mean, LH is not different from the other carriers and the crisis is affecting them strongly. Probably the worse has still to come for air carriers.
              This could not happen in the next year for many reasons.... so I would prefer to requalify for SEN.

Comment

As long as Diamond Club still exists in it's current form, I can't see why anyone would put miles anywhere else to be honest. But that's just me.

As Kiwi says, if it merges anyway and your BD Gold with a pile of miles, you can't really lose going off what LH have done with other FFP's when they have taken over an airline.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
                  To be frank, I'm not sure this will happen. I mean, LH is not different from the other carriers and the crisis is affecting them strongly. Probably the worse has still to come for air carriers.
                  This could not happen in the next year for many reasons.... so I would prefer to requalify for SEN.
                  I don't think airlines' difficulty would affect the way they integrate other airlines' elite members into their own FFP upon mergers.

Quite simply, they would defeat one of the key objectives of absorbing an airline if they chose to alienate and frustrate the target airline's top customers by refusing to honour their elite status. It doesn't cost the acquiring airline anything to do so, but not doing so would dissipate a lot of the goodwill / customer base.

I can't personally think of any recent examples where such a merger excluded carrying over elite members' levels.

Therefore I still firmly believe that there will be a like-for-like match from BD status to LH status, providing that LH (rather than some other airline) still ends up acquiring BD

Comment

stargold. sorry I think you misinterpreted or I wronged to explain myself.
                    I was expressing my doubts about the merger, not about the fact that top FF would have been matched.
                    =)

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
                      stargold. sorry I think you misinterpreted or I wronged to explain myself.
                      I was expressing my doubts about the merger, not about the fact that top FF would have been matched.
                      =)
                      Ahh, I see. That makes much more sense now

The thing is, it's basically a "forced" takeover since it's quite obvious that LH does not want BD - at least for the price that they are contracted to pay.

If they had the legal basis to back out of it, I'm sure they would have done so alread by now. So, in the absence of such event, one could only surmise that LH has not discovered a loophole, and therefore still forced to buy BD.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                        As long as Diamond Club still exists in it's current form, I can't see why anyone would put miles anywhere else to be honest. But that's just me.
                        +1

For once we agree on programs

Comment

Working...
                        X