AC's IFE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC's IFE

I read on some Skytrax reviews that AC has been having problems with their IFE regularly, including on their brand new 77Ws. Is this true? Has anyone had any recurring experience?

Originally posted by EWR View Post
    I read on some Skytrax reviews that AC has been having problems with their IFE regularly, including on their brand new 77Ws. Is this true? Has anyone had any recurring experience?
    Had 2 flights on AC's 77Ws earlier this year. Pretty buggy IFE which had to be reset every time it crashed. Was told the IFE systems will be updated with newer firmware revisions when the aircraft go in for maintenance, but afaik progress has been very slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
      Had 2 flights on AC's 77Ws earlier this year. Pretty buggy IFE which had to be reset every time it crashed. Was told the IFE systems will be updated with newer firmware revisions when the aircraft go in for maintenance, but afaik progress has been very slow.
      Eek... Looks like I should fly something esle then... Dont wanna sit in Y for over 10 hours battling IFE problems. Besides, I read almost invariably that the map is not showing on this aircraft (I typically switch to the map when I get bored with the movies)

Comment

Air Canada's IFE is by Thales, correct? Is there any other airline who is using Thales having the same problems?

Comment

Took AC in ~Septamber last year on a new 777.

IFE was rebooted after ~10min of my flight out but was fine for the rest of the flight. I think was rebooted on my flight back with an hour or two left to fly but that was it. Good thing was that IFE remember the point of the program/film you were watching so apart from the 10-15min it took to reboot completely there was no lime lost, staright back to the point you were before.

Comment

Working...
          X